NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've met some great people on this forum but that guy clinches it. I swear he could finish my sentences.
so i've noticed. you two definitely share a lot of opinions. i'd swear it's one person.

Didn't really get a proper look at these two at SDCC,

dogalienmolten.jpg

gitd.jpg

The Molten Dog looks noticeably better and the glow in the dark Xeno looks pretty cool.

Didn't really get a proper look at these two at SDCC,

View attachment 282594

View attachment 282595

The Molten Dog looks noticeably better and the glow in the dark Xeno looks pretty cool.

Damn that molten dog does look really good there, much better than the grey variant they packed in with the Alien 3 wave. I hope Randy finds a way to get it out one way or another.

CbWpm0XW8AAoxQw.jpg

when will we see queen facehugger and chesburster? :(

I really hope we get the three on the right of that picture regardless with the Alien 3 creature pack. Though this now makes me wonder what we will get in the place of the status tubes and the chestbursters. Maybe like Yahzee suggest a proper queen chestburster in its curled up form ?

What are you guys seeing that I'm not seeing? It looks the same as the previous prototype we saw, just a silver painted Dog Alien. Still no physically sculpted layers like on that custom and those are what really makes it.

What are you guys seeing that I'm not seeing? It looks the same as the previous prototype we saw, just a silver painted Dog Alien. Still no physically sculpted layers like on that custom and those are what really makes it.

...exactly. I was never interested in just a silver paint variation trying to pass as molten lead :p

Just got my Wayland commando and it is indeed awesome!

I freaking love this figure. Sadly I think NECA did a better job with it then the actual marines so far. Hopefully the new Marines are similar in quality.

I freaking love this figure. Sadly I think NECA did a better job with it then the actual marines so far. Hopefully the new Marines are similar in quality.

...well, they're almost three years apart so obviously there have to be improvements. We can always hope that if the line continues strong for many more years, they could be re-released with enhancements :D

Agreed. The existing marines look and feel a step below in quality. Hopefully the new ones will be better although it'll only make the Hicks and Hudson releases more frustrating.

I saw a tweet to Randy over the weekend asking when the Vas/Frost wave 9 should be for sale on their e bay store and his answer was "end of August? maybe sooner". As much as I've loved the A3 wave I'm over the top with excitement for wave 9(except for the new Alien in that line - lol). I'm getting multiples of each Marine and I'm sure I'll eventually get 1 of the Alien hive drones or whatever its called but I'm in no rush for that one.

Last edited:

It looks better than the prototype, but yes it's still a poor effort and just an excuse to reuse the same mold as a simple repaint for the... actually i've stopped counting.

Because there never was pictures for them did you miss these as well?:

View attachment 282677

View attachment 282678

View attachment 282679

There's a reason why the quality is so crappy.

No, I saw the pictures of the genocide repaints. I remember seeing both the pillar pictures as well as the A3 dio pictures but they must either not had the figures at the time of the pictures I saw were taken or I just totally overlooked them. I can see maybe missing the lead dog alien if there was an angle of the pic that blocked him but nobody could miss the gitd Alien - lol.

Those repaints really don't look good. I'm kind of surprised. Instead of looking like a natural color variation, they look like they've fallen into a vat of Krylon... :lol

Got my Newt today. Must say it is impressive. Don't understand how a figure with a face almost half the size of a standard figure gets a better paint job than most of the others.

Agreed. The existing marines look and feel a step below in quality. Hopefully the new ones will be better although it'll only make the Hicks and Hudson releases more frustrating.

I hope they release new versions of them based on either the first time they go into the EEV and then into the dropship, or later on the communications room where they can add some bits and pieces to differentiate them from their first release. Give Hicks a swap out bandaged head and arm and maybe Hudson with some acid damaged armour.

Back