NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's safe to say now that I got ripped off on my Newt ebay figure and my only hope is that NECA can come through with plan B for her since eBay prices are out of the range I'm wiling to pay. My first eBay rip job and it doesn't feel good. Everybody gets the shaft on ebay eventually and I guess my time is now:(. Since I paid for Newt over 9 weeks ago I don't even have an option to file a claim. Lesson learned but it still sucks!

...wow, damn, I'm really sorry. That's why I was hesitant to buy her so early and chose to wait until the last weekend before the con. I hope NECA's "plan B" isn't too far way

After fully having lost my shiet (in the best way possible) I've now started to collect Alien figures as well. This, after having started with Predators only.

Anyway.

I saw this nice cool and the gang pic of what seems to be Sideshow's Queen and xenos with mini-diorama bases:
SSS030.jpg

Now, with a NECA's Queen on the way, and the new series 8 Dog Alien in hand, I thought it'd be pretty awesome to get one xeno from each film and pose them together for the ultimate acidic cool & gang reunion set.

My questions:

1. Has anyone done this before, and if so, are there any pics?

2. Being new to NECA's non-1/4 figures, which aliens are the definitive ones to get from each (non AvP) film? I know there are several versions and series etc. I need the Big Chap, Warrior and, if there are any Resurrection figures, a drone from that one.

Many thanks for all and any tips, suggestions and pics.

My questions:

1. Has anyone done this before, and if so, are there any pics?

2. Being new to NECA's non-1/4 figures, which aliens are the definitive ones to get from each (non AvP) film? I know there are several versions and series etc. I need the Big Chap, Warrior and, if there are any Resurrection figures, a drone from that one.

Many thanks for all and any tips, suggestions and pics.

1. I don't know of any pics of all the Xenos and Queen together, but there might be some out there.

2. As far as which Xenos to get, let's start with '79 Alien. There are two versions that are the best, each with minor differences. Either the Aliens series 2 '79 Alien, or the Wal-Mart exclusive boxed Alien (available now at NECA's eBay site). The series 2 Alien has a lowed upper lip and a dark grey paint scheme over the black base body. The Boxed Alien has 2 variants, one with the lowered upper lip, and one with a raised upper lip. But both lip variants show more teeth regardless of which version. The boxed Alien also has a bit of brown coloration in the paint scheme. I prefer the Boxed raised lip version myself.

Now for the Warrior Alien, you want the definitive versions, so I'll leave out stuff like the red genocide Xeno. There are three basic color variants for the Warrior. Brown, released in Aliens series 1, Blue, released in series 2, and Black, released as part of a genocide 2-pack, but then as a single release in series 5.

Here are all 3 with the series 2 '79 alien, starting with the '79 at left, brown next, then black, then blue.

https://www.itsalltrue.net/reviews/NECA/2014/blue01.JPG

I myself prefer the black Warrior with brown and blue next.

Neca has not yet made any Resurrection Warriors, but they will, hopefully next year.

Of course, depending on when some of these figures cam out, some may be more hard to find and expensive than others.

Well, it's safe to say now that I got ripped off on my Newt ebay figure and my only hope is that NECA can come through with plan B for her since eBay prices are out of the range I'm wiling to pay. My first eBay rip job and it doesn't feel good. Everybody gets the shaft on ebay eventually and I guess my time is now:(. Since I paid for Newt over 9 weeks ago I don't even have an option to file a claim. Lesson learned but it still sucks!

Man, that does suck. Check the feedback to see if the seller did this to multiple people. If that is the case, even though it has been longer than 30 days, you could open a claim and perhaps eBay would do something.

Man, that does suck. Check the feedback to see if the seller did this to multiple people. If that is the case, even though it has been longer than 30 days, you could open a claim and perhaps eBay would do something.

His feedback is still perfect but I'm not seeing the feedback for the other Newt yet(he sold 2). It was his feedback that made me decide on him since not only was it perfect but the actual feedback was impressive. The auction was listed with priority mail shipping but once he realized how much it would cost he went with media mail to save money. There is not one scan by the PO, not even an acceptance scan or any destination scans so that's what has me skeptical. Below is the only tracking info, the seller has given excuses and attitude and I've given it right back. He said last night he'd refund me and I can just keep Newt when she arrives but no refund yet and I don't see anybody willing to refund the money and just let me keep the figure if they actually shipped it - makes me think even more that he never shipped Newt. It's only been 8 days but no PO scans on the tracking number is very odd.

Postal Product:
Media Mail

July 28, 2016 , 4:56 pm

Shipping Label Created

EL CAJON, CA 92021

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:56 pm on July 28, 2016 in EL CAJON, CA 92021. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

July 28, 2016
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Last edited:
His feedback is still perfect but I'm not seeing the feedback for the other Newt yet(he sold 2). It was his feedback that made me decide on him since not only was it perfect but the actual feedback was impressive. The auction was listed with priority mail shipping but once he realized how much it would cost he went with media mail to save money. There is not one scan by the PO, not even an acceptance scan or any destination scans so that's what has me skeptical. Below is the only tracking info, the seller has given excuses and attitude and I've given it right back. He said last night he'd refund me and I can just keep Newt when she arrives but no refund yet and I don't see anybody willing to refund the money and just let me keep the figure if they actually shipped it - makes me think even more that he never shipped Newt. It's only been 8 days but no PO scans on the tracking number is very odd.

Postal Product:
Media Mail

July 28, 2016 , 4:56 pm

Shipping Label Created

EL CAJON, CA 92021

A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 4:56 pm on July 28, 2016 in EL CAJON, CA 92021. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

July 28, 2016
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I had a similar thing happen with an eBay item. The shipping label was created with USPS but there was no scans so I was starting to think I got ripped off and then, poof... a scan appeared that the item was at my local post office to be delivered. I want to say it was an item from CA also. It just depends on how much longer you want to wait to see if he actually shipped it before deciding to open a claim.

Also, if he shipped it media mail, the Newt figure does not meet the requirements for this type of shipping so it may have gotten held up at the post office.

I had a similar thing happen with an eBay item. The shipping label was created with USPS but there was no scans so I was starting to think I got ripped off and then, poof... a scan appeared that the item was at my local post office to be delivered. I want to say it was an item from CA also. It just depends on how much longer you want to wait to see if he actually shipped it before deciding to open a claim.

Also, if he shipped it media mail, the Newt figure does not meet the requirements for this type of shipping so it may have gotten held up at the post office.

Thanks for the info! So will the PO return the package to the shipper because of that? I've never heard of media mail or know what its all about. I didn't even know that was an option for shipping.

Thanks for the info! So will the PO return the package to the shipper because of that? I've never heard of media mail or know what its all about. I didn't even know that was an option for shipping.

MEDIA MAIL SERVICE

Media Mail shipping is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be shipped. Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
◾Books (at least 8 pages).
◾Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
◾Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
◾Printed music.
◾Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
◾Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
◾Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
◾Printed educational reference charts.
◾Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.

Media - printed music, sound recordings, periodicals, CDs, DVDs, and books.

Media Mail packages may not contain advertising. Comic books do not meet this standard. Books may contain incidental announcements of other books and sound recordings may contain incidental announcements of other sound recordings. In accordance with standards in the Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM), Section 170, Media Mail packages must have a delivery address and the sender’s return address and are subject to inspection by the Postal Service™. Upon such inspection, matter not eligible for the Media Mail rate may be assessed at the proper price and sent to the recipient postage due, or the sender may be contacted for additional postage.

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

MEDIA MAIL SERVICE

Media Mail shipping is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be shipped. Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
◾Books (at least 8 pages).
◾Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
◾Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
◾Printed music.
◾Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
◾Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
◾Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
◾Printed educational reference charts.
◾Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.

Media - printed music, sound recordings, periodicals, CDs, DVDs, and books.

Media Mail packages may not contain advertising. Comic books do not meet this standard. Books may contain incidental announcements of other books and sound recordings may contain incidental announcements of other sound recordings. In accordance with standards in the Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM), Section 170, Media Mail packages must have a delivery address and the sender’s return address and are subject to inspection by the Postal Service™. Upon such inspection, matter not eligible for the Media Mail rate may be assessed at the proper price and sent to the recipient postage due, or the sender may be contacted for additional postage.

Wow, now that is informational - lol. Thank you!

Well, the seller refunded me the money in full for Newt and in a message he told me to keep the Newt when I get it - his words. I'm an honest person and I feel bad for saying it but it would be cool to get a free Newt in a best case scenario but I'm not counting on ever seeing Newt. At this point with their only being 12 Newts on Ebay and the prices a lot higher than I paid for mine I might just say screw it and put all my eggs in the "plan B" from Neca coming to reality and hopefully getting my hands on 2 of them if that works out.

Bummer but at least I got my money back.

Last edited:
I do however hope they reissue the blue queen down the road again. Maybe hopefully in a diorama set with the egg sack.

That'd be a must buy, and they haven't ruled it out which is good. It'd enable me to pit my current Queen against the Loader permanently while also having a permanent hive Queen.

...but the egg sack is HUGE!! like 3 the times her size. How would that work?

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Therein might be the problem and yet Randy hasn't said no when asked. So one wonders....

I mean can you release the egg sack on its own?...they're releasing those AvP Pillars on their own....

1. I don't know of any pics of all the Xenos and Queen together, but there might be some out there.

2. As far as which Xenos to get, let's start with '79 Alien. There are two versions that are the best, each with minor differences. Either the Aliens series 2 '79 Alien, or the Wal-Mart exclusive boxed Alien (available now at NECA's eBay site). The series 2 Alien has a lowed upper lip and a dark grey paint scheme over the black base body. The Boxed Alien has 2 variants, one with the lowered upper lip, and one with a raised upper lip. But both lip variants show more teeth regardless of which version. The boxed Alien also has a bit of brown coloration in the paint scheme. I prefer the Boxed raised lip version myself.

Now for the Warrior Alien, you want the definitive versions, so I'll leave out stuff like the red genocide Xeno. There are three basic color variants for the Warrior. Brown, released in Aliens series 1, Blue, released in series 2, and Black, released as part of a genocide 2-pack, but then as a single release in series 5.

Here are all 3 with the series 2 '79 alien, starting with the '79 at left, brown next, then black, then blue.

https://www.itsalltrue.net/reviews/NECA/2014/blue01.JPG

I myself prefer the black Warrior with brown and blue next.

Neca has not yet made any Resurrection Warriors, but they will, hopefully next year.

Of course, depending on when some of these figures cam out, some may be more hard to find and expensive than others.

Jace, my man, thanks a bunch for this. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for and needed.

Seems like the boxed (Wal-Mart) Big Chap's two version story is very similar to the 2015 1/4 Big Chap, and its two lip/mouth versions? If I understood correctly? The 1/4 Big Chap I preferred and bought is the snarled lips/open inner mouth version. And thanks to you, I now bought a boxed Wal-Mart Big Chap from NECA's eBay store. So thank you again. I hope I get the snarled lips/open inner mouth version in the smaller scale too. No matter version, the boxed Big Chap seems to be superior to the 35th anniversary Big Chap, right?

As for the Aliens Warrior Xeno, are the sculpts identical across all three versions? Is there anything else differentiating the three versions besides colour schemes? I think I prefer the brown one, as it looks truer to the movie suits no? Any place that still has them, or is the Evil bay the place to look for them?

Therein might be the problem and yet Randy hasn't said no when asked. So one wonders....

I mean can you release the egg sack on its own?...they're releasing those AvP Pillars on their own....

One things for sure, if they do release the egg sack it will be limited and it's going to be expensive. Remember, it's not just the egg sack but the supports and a base for the egg sack. I'd welcome it opposed to the pillars for avp, which are cool but expensive. I'm happy that those are being offered but I wish they were plastic to keep the weight and price down.

That'd be a must buy, and they haven't ruled it out which is good. It'd enable me to pit my current Queen against the Loader permanently while also having a permanent hive Queen.

Ditto.

Right now my powerloader is fighting my queen and my armed to the teeth Ripley is doing a stare-down with the McFarlane queen... not quite as satisfying!

Anyone seen/have pics of 'halcionwerkz' (sp?) custom egg sack? Saw the documented thing of facebook but don't have the images. I think a video was posted a few pages back. Man that thing was HUGE and very impressive.

Ditto.

Right now my powerloader is fighting my queen and my armed to the teeth Ripley is doing a stare-down with the McFarlane queen... not quite as satisfying!

Anyone seen/have pics of 'halcionwerkz' (sp?) custom egg sack? Saw the documented thing of facebook but don't have the images. I think a video was posted a few pages back. Man that thing was HUGE and very impressive.

Yes, that halcyon egg sack/diorama is a work of art. They are incredibly good at everything they do.

Back