NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admittedly it is now better than before but they are definitely still missing a trick with this pack.
Should of been:

STASIS CHAMBER X2
SENTRY GUN X1
FACHUGGER X2
CHESTBURSTER X2

View attachment 252022

Seriously this was the perfect chance to get the marine sentry gun out! These guns, you can also army build and who doesn't want them

They say that weapon packs don't sell, so why not include the sentry gun in this "Aliens accessory pack". I mean let's face it the tubes isn't a creature it's equipment like the Sentry Gun so it doesn't have to be solely a "creature pack" because it already isn't.

And who wants another two facehuggers that will ultimately be put away and not on display. (yes you who bought the Egg Pack just for the closed eggs)

The two FH that fit in the tubes make perfect sense for display, but another two without any open eggs are 100% useless.

I think we should get behind this, what do you guys think - who prefers this?

Now that you mention it a weapon or sentry gun instead of more facehuggers makes more sense, especially since we can already get more facehuggers if we want them with the egg carton pack. Still, I probably will be picking up at least two of the Aliens creature pack and one of the Alien 3 pack, though if they do pack in the Bambi chestburster in the Alien 3 pack I may have to get two.

Well thanks for the support but... well that campaign just got shot down real quick

Randy response: "Sentry Gun isn't a creature & it's too expensive to fit into what we're doing here. This is the pack & it rocks!"

I accept that it might be too costly - fair enough. I also don't think it's a bad pack just that it could be made better - But I don't think he get's the point... nevermind,

Oh and You guys heard it here first the Stasis Tubes are now classed as "creatures" and not equipment.

Its annoying but then again Randy has been known to say no or not happening to an idea and then down the road it pops up in the line regardless. The full details of the packs are not out yet so I am guessing SDCC at the latest unless its revealed via twitter. Still, I am interested now to see what the packaging will be like for these two distinct creature packs will end up looking like. We got a cool packaging for the eggs with the egg carton so they can be creative again and give us something unique.

The last alien figure I bought was the 7inch big chap back in 2010 or 2011, I can't remember - it came packaged with the closed mouth jungle hunter predator.

I just bought the GridAlien.

The amount of improvement here is insane. I don't care for the AVP movie but I love grid's design, and I love what they've done with the articulation on these. My only qualm is that the head pops off the ball joint pretty easily.

Ha, ha, ha, hee, hee, well I ordered an open mouth 1/4 scale Alien from a seller on e-bay. It was £10 more expensive than the closed mouth version. He was supposed to have dispatched last Monday. Long story short he hadn't sent it but dispatched yesterday by DHL. It turned up today, however he's sent me the closed mouth version which I already have! Sweet Mother McCrae I give up! I had two open mouthed versions from Forbidden Planet, both of which were faulty, and now this. I'm hexed man, I'm just not meant to have an open mouth version am I? Curse you NECA and your perfidious marketing tactics! :gah:

Im very disappointed NECA dont supply or sell extra plastic stand pegs for the Queen and Dog Alien.
Due to the thin plastic used it snaps very easily.
So at the moment I cant stand either up. :(

Well amazon sent me my Grid Alien and as is the common issue for many, the head was detached in the package. Trying to put it back on is a bit annoying because it doesn't take much effort for it to pop off again.

Would a bit of super glue on the ball joint help or make it worse? Or what heating it up with a blow dryer? Any tips or is it not fixable?

Other than that, a pretty stellar figure all round. I wouldn't mind a 1/4 version eventually.

Well amazon sent me my Grid Alien and as is the common issue for many, the head was detached in the package. Trying to put it back on is a bit annoying because it doesn't take much effort for it to pop off again.

Would a bit of super glue on the ball joint help or make it worse? Or what heating it up with a blow dryer? Any tips or is it not fixable?

Other than that, a pretty stellar figure all round. I wouldn't mind a 1/4 version eventually.

The superglue method should work, but as with anything like that there is always a risk of plastic damage or fusing the parts together. I have seen this other method as well, I haven't done it myself and again there is risk involved, but it does seem to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54nqFbXz4o

Again, use this information at your own risk.

You could always try and contact NECA customer service on twitter. They usually replace figures with breaks and other bad QC issues, but it wouldn't hurt to try to tell them that the head on your figure still falls off very easily, they may send you a replacement figure without that issue, or a head that will stay on. They are here: https://twitter.com/NECA_CS

Good luck! :)

^Only issue there is that I'm in the UK and I'm not sure if their customer service replacement policies applies to people outside the states or not?

In terms of amazon, the fact that I removed it from the packaging means I might not be able to get a replacement. But then if a large majority of them have the same issue, it might just be something I'll have to stick with.

Annoying but not a deal breaker really.

I bought a bottle of Future Shine for loose joints, works great. I dont have the grid alien, so I don't know if that will help.

Interesting that Randy said /wrote ' A lot ' when a fan asked if they had anything planned for the Aliens anniversary year over on twitter. Guess this means fans of the second film have a lot to look forward to. Not holding my breathe for an APC though lol

I guess though that sounds like they got more likeness rights for the core marines and that they may be branching out more to the Colonial Marines designs to fill up the ranks a bit, which I dont mind as say what you will about the game it did bring us some sweet Alien and Marine designs.

Well, we have 3 new figures, the 'creature' pack, multiple vehicles in there cinamachines line, plus the 1/4 warrior. All that in one calendar year probably checks Randy's box of "a lot". I would love for "a lot" to mean new stuff that hasn't been announced yet, but I can't complain too much with what we are getting.

Hey guys, if you're looking for the Hicks vs battle damaged alien 2 pack for around $26 shipped GoHastings has it on sale. It's been on sale a while and has gone from out of stock to in stock a couple times but it is back in stock now. I've bought a few for customs depending on what Neca can/can't make in the future.

yehaaa i orderd my 1/4 scale predator with led lights for 130 $. I think thats an big deal in germany. Mostly it costs about 230 $.
So im looking foward for it ...

Back