NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, I always do this when I shouldn't, but I topped up my order with little things since I buy internationally.
Got the tray of eggs this time. Only Neca thing I have are the Turtles...

I'm hoping for a queen egg sac structure compatible with their deluxe queen as the surprise item for Aliens Day, April 26th!

You'll love it!

How many of you both have the Blue/Black AND Red Queen?

I have 2 Aliens blue/black Queens, and 1 red Genocide Queen. Hopefully they will make the AvP Queen too. I also want them to make a regular Queen with a black and silver/bronze deco like the black genocide Xeno has, and have no blue coloration.

I'd say compression suit Lambert is definitely going to happen eventually.

The mystery alien day figure has me stumped. Same goes for the contents of the aliens anniversary wave.

If we do get Lambert I hope she is in her civilian clothes and not in a compression suit. It just seems like they are reusing that mould too much already. A casual dressed Lambert would make a much more interesting and welcome change.

View attachment 249351

Tweet: "do my eyes deceive me or is that a certain female nostromo crew member that ain't ripely?"
NECA: "Maybe... wink, wink."

Also been loads of other tweets and replies about Lambert such as NECA admitting that Lambert would complete the original three that go into the derelict.

Is she supposed to be the blue hue painted one ? If so at least it makes a nice colour break from the others we've been having so far if we have to get ANOTHER reuse of this mould. Still would rather a plain clothed Lambert but this will do I think.

We actually have a pretty decent idea of what Series 9 will contain:

Aliens Series 9:
Unknown Smartgunner Marine
Unknown Marine
Xenomorph / Creature / Concept Figure

Alright maybe that's still not very informative but we know the facts that two Marines are still coming this year, so I'm going to presume that they are both in Series 9 since that's the only Aliens Wave we are getting this year.

We also know that they have the Smartgun already tooled, so again i'm going to presume that at least one of those Marines is going to be a Smartgunner.

NECA have stated there won't be another "human only" wave so that leaves a Xenomorph to fit into Series 9. Just now as someone else recently pointed out on here, NECA have also said that they will only re-release the Aliens Warriors in a "Hive Building Pack". So what could the Xenomorph / creature in this wave be that's related to the movie Aliens?

Well they just released their first "concept figure" for Alien. Anyone know of any Concept Xeno's for the second movie Aliens?

I bet the smart gunner will most likely be Drake as he seems to have less likeness issues than with Vasquez. As for the unknown marine I guess it could be either the medic or one of the lesser known of the unit since again, less issues over likeness rights and more part reuse available as the need for a unique tooling job is less needed. I bet we wont see any of the bigger named stars of Alien or Aliens or even Alien 3 until next year at the earliest.

Opened two cases of Aliens Series 7 today to ship out to customers. Only two Warriors had their head off in packaging... guess i'll have to keep those ones for myself.

I bet the smart gunner will most likely be Drake as he seems to have less likeness issues than with Vasquez. As for the unknown marine I guess it could be either the medic or one of the lesser known of the unit since again, less issues over likeness rights and more part reuse available as the need for a unique tooling job is less needed. I bet we wont see any of the bigger named stars of Alien or Aliens or even Alien 3 until next year at the earliest.

I hate to be a broken record, but I have to call BS on the idea of likeness 'issues'. The "issue" is NECA doesn't like to pay the extra costs as it cuts into the profit of the figure. It is their right to do what is best for their bottom line, but I think it is scummy to push off blame to the talent with vague lines like "Can't get them" when, in at least one case, they didn't even contact the person they claimed they couldn't get.

That said, I am still crossing my fingers for both Drake and Vaz. The 30th is a big event. I would hope NECA knows they need to come through huge here and go the extra mile to work out the deal (aka: pay the people).

If that ends up meaning a few extra bucks to me to get accurate actual characters, then I am in.

Wow do you own your own shop in UK ?

We are actually an IT business and as massive fans of the Alien Franchise I started collecting these myself. Later I decided why not sell them as well, makes this hobby a bit more affordable cost wise and I am also able to help out fellow fans with price and service.

Currently selling on eBay and direct orders from customers. With all the online fees such as eBay etc. I am lucky to get about £1.00 profit per order, no kidding there is nothing in these products and I am getting UK distributor trade prices. Selling these products from an actual Retail shop would make sense though so it's something to look into.

Working closely with NECA from the UK. We attended the UK Aliens event last year in the National Space Centre with our own stall and display, NECA kindly helped support us and sent a few at the time unreleased products such as the Alien Eggs, a Power Loader and other giveaways for our display and customers.

Seeing if we can do anything special with neca this year as well, as we will probably be attending the Aliens event again for the 30th Anniversary.

Has Neca confirmed the unknown Marine will be a new figure or are they going to give us a Hicks with headset based on the helmeted Hicks version? I hope it's a new Marine - any will be fine with me.

Has Neca confirmed the unknown Marine will be a new figure or are they going to give us a Hicks with headset based on the helmeted Hicks version? I hope it's a new Marine - any will be fine with me.

Someone earlier in the thread reported a twitter statement saying neither of the 2 marines planned for 2016 would be marines they have previously released, implying entirely new characters.

I think the most likely candidates are; Vaz, Drake, Tech Manual smartgunner, Apone, generic smartgunner.

Pretty sure they have confirmed on twitter before that they are "New Marines" not variations of existing ones.

Also found this when looking through my feed:

2.jpg

I forgot they confirmed Series 9 will include a SmartGunner, and I guess this means we're definitely getting at least one new marine

Awesome, thanks guys! Has the picture of the smart gun been posted yet? I'm really excited now:)

Really hope the Marines are characters from the movie and not generic, be amazing if they are, not bothered which Marines either, just please be from the movie.

more about drones:

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/the-drone-distinction/

they are not "albino hive drones", they are simply drones: workers.
there are no drones in all alien movies as a result. all aliens do the work they are given, be it hunting, fighting or building.

...I hate when people use the terms "warrior" and "drone" to differentiate the Aliens in the movies. An Alien's appearance changes and adapts to its host and environment, but never in any of the movies a distinction is made about higher and lower classes, the Queen being the exception. Comics, books and videogames are their own thing and shouldn't be taken as facts when talking about the creatures seen in the movies.

Someone earlier in the thread reported a twitter statement saying neither of the 2 marines planned for 2016 would be marines they have previously released, implying entirely new characters.

I think the most likely candidates are; Vaz, Drake, Tech Manual smartgunner, Apone, generic smartgunner.
You don't think Crowe, Drake or Wierzbowski are more likely, given the statement that the only USCM Sergeant they're going to make is Windrix?

...I hate when people use the terms "warrior" and "drone" to differentiate the Aliens in the movies. An Alien's appearance changes and adapts to its host and environment, but never in any of the movies a distinction is made about higher and lower classes, the Queen being the exception. Comics, books and videogames are their own thing and shouldn't be taken as facts when talking about the creatures seen in the movies.
Actually, the first draft of Aliens' script makes a clear distinction between "warrior" and "drone" aliens, so the idea's definitely grounded in the cinematic materials.

...they WON'T make generic marines. Any marines they do will be real characters from Aliens:
That is a very peculiar caveat.

You don't think Crowe, Drake or Wierzbowski are more likely, given the statement that the only USCM Sergeant they're going to make is Windrix?

I hadn't heard that quote about no other sergeants. I guess that would eliminate Apone.

As for Ski and Crowe, as much as I hate to say it, they are likely the two least popular marines. Trotting them out for the anniversary year would fall far short of mass expectations. They need to go big. Drake and Vaz will win SDCC. If they skimp out, they will try to sexy things up with smartgunners in another capacity.

A wild card could be Ferro with the helmet and sunglasses. With 65% of the head/face covered, perhaps they could get around having to pay any likeness fees

One thing that I'm sure most of you already know is the guy that played Crowe(Tip Tipping) died years ago so I wonder if Neca will stay away from making the character he portrayed to avoid likeness talks with remaining family members. It's awkward for me talking about it so I'm sure they would want to stay away from that situation. The actor that played "Ski" was in bad health not too long ago so that might be difficult, again if you're talking about likeness rights. I think they will go as big as they can knowing Al Matthews is not giving his likeness and deliver us Frost and Drake. The Windrix body with sleeves and flamethrower could be reused for Frost and the stock Marine body after tweeking the upper body could be used for Drake since we already know we are getting a smart gunner. Other than Vaz and Apone those are 2 of the biggest new Marines left we could hope for. I'd take that and hope for a Vaz down the road since they would already have the smart gun and could possibly resize the armor for a female body or just create a new one since her armor was limited to the chest. I can't see them doing Dietrich since scale wise the stock Colonial Marine body wouldn't be right and I don't see them sculpting a new body and armor to fit her scale wise when there are no other armored Marines her size they could reuse the mold on. If they do secure the likeness to Vaz then body wise they could release two versions of her with Smart gun and the operations version.

Anybody else agree that if we boil it down to what we know and the opportunity for Neca to re-use existing molds to keep costs down it has to be Frost and Drake, right? If Frost is one then customizers could always use an extra Frost and with some work make a custom Apone since both had long sleeves and a sidearm with holster even though they were located in different locations on them and a flamethrower too - even though it was Frost's Apone used.

I hadn't heard that quote about no other sergeants. I guess that would eliminate Apone.

As for Ski and Crowe, as much as I hate to say it, they are likely the two least popular marines. Trotting them out for the anniversary year would fall far short of mass expectations. They need to go big. Drake and Vaz will win SDCC. If they skimp out, they will try to sexy things up with smartgunners in another capacity.

A wild card could be Ferro with the helmet and sunglasses. With 65% of the head/face covered, perhaps they could get around having to pay any likeness fees

Last edited:
Back