NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...the only characters left from Aliens that I would want are Vasquez and Newt. Anything else is optional for me AFTER getting those. I'd still like a new Hudson with better likeness though :D

One thing that I'm sure most of you already know is the guy that played Crowe(Tip Tipping) died years ago so I wonder if Neca will stay away from making the character he portrayed to avoid likeness talks with remaining family members. It's awkward for me talking about it so I'm sure they would want to stay away from that situation. The actor that played "Ski" was in bad health not too long ago so that might be difficult, again if you're talking about likeness rights. I think they will go as big as they can knowing Al Matthews is not giving his likeness and deliver us Frost and Drake. The Windrix body with sleeves and flamethrower could be reused for Frost and the stock Marine body after tweeking the upper body could be used for Drake since we already know we are getting a smart gunner. Other than Vaz and Apone those are 2 of the biggest new Marines left we could hope for. I'd take that and hope for a Vaz down the road since they would already have the smart gun and could possibly resize the armor for a female body or just create a new one since her armor was limited to the chest. I can't see them doing Dietrich since scale wise the stock Colonial Marine body wouldn't be right and I don't see them sculpting a new body and armor to fit her scale wise when there are no other armored Marines her size they could reuse the mold on. If they do secure the likeness to Vaz then body wise they could release two versions of her with Smart gun and the operations version.

Anybody else agree that if we boil it down to what we know and the opportunity for Neca to re-use existing molds to keep costs down it has to be Frost and Drake, right? If Frost is one then customizers could always use an extra Frost and with some work make a custom Apone since both had long sleeves and a sidearm with holster even though they were located in different locations on them and a flamethrower too - even though it was Frost's Apone used.

Makes sense HOWEVER I feel (like in times past) that Randy is being Randy. Maybe its wishful thinking but I'm leaning on Vasquez being 1 of the surprises. Especially considering the 30th anniversary, effectively adding value to win "SDCC", the actress seemingly being open to it (if approached) in documented Twitter posts in the past, and other factors - I HOPE they surprise us all and she is unveiled. Some part of me feels (and again speculating), that the 2 humans of Series 9 will be Vasquez and Drake. Re-usable tooling on the Smartgun weapon and chassis plus the SELLABLE factor for 2 of the most wanted characters from that film. Here's to hoping though crazily the Ferro w/ Helmet possibly skirting some aspects of licensing is a damn good point as well (ala S3 Kane). I only wish they weren't so cryptic with this series though understandable from a business perspective.

I hadn't heard that quote about no other sergeants. I guess that would eliminate Apone.

As for Ski and Crowe, as much as I hate to say it, they are likely the two least popular marines. Trotting them out for the anniversary year would fall far short of mass expectations. They need to go big. Drake and Vaz will win SDCC. If they skimp out, they will try to sexy things up with smartgunners in another capacity.

A wild card could be Ferro with the helmet and sunglasses. With 65% of the head/face covered, perhaps they could get around having to pay any likeness fees
I'm hoping for Drake and one of the remaining three male USCM Other Ranks (given that Apone and Dietrich seem very unlikely), Drake because I'd find a male Smartgunner more useful for customizing purposes and Crowe, Frost or Ski because we need a single-packed Marine with a helmet, dammit!

pretty certain they said on twitter that newt will not happen through NECA. they don't have the image rights nor do they think they'll get it.

...the only characters left from Aliens that I would want are Vasquez and Newt. Anything else is optional for me AFTER getting those. I'd still like a new Hudson with better likeness though :D

pretty certain they said on twitter that newt will not happen through NECA. they don't have the image rights nor do they think they'll get it.

...yup, I know she more than likely will not be made, but doesn't matter. I still want her more than any of the marines besides Vasquez :D

Yahzee definitely woulda put Newt in charge.

Yeah I'd love to have her for the hive scene with Ripley, I never really had any expectation of her being made though. Like John Connor :monkey2

If you ask them about anyone like Vasquez, Drake, Newt Etc. it's always the same answer: "We don't have the likeness rights"

You know what would be interesting to know? since they are doing "Lambert" did NECA have to acquire her license separately or was it already in their Master License for the franchise. If they had to go to the Actress to get it then that would be the first likness Neca have acquired separately for the Aliens Line.

Makes sense HOWEVER I feel (like in times past) that Randy is being Randy. Maybe its wishful thinking but I'm leaning on Vasquez being 1 of the surprises. Especially considering the 30th anniversary, effectively adding value to win "SDCC", the actress seemingly being open to it (if approached) in documented Twitter posts in the past, and other factors - I HOPE they surprise us all and she is unveiled. Some part of me feels (and again speculating), that the 2 humans of Series 9 will be Vasquez and Drake. Re-usable tooling on the Smartgun weapon and chassis plus the SELLABLE factor for 2 of the most wanted characters from that film. Here's to hoping though crazily the Ferro w/ Helmet possibly skirting some aspects of licensing is a damn good point as well (ala S3 Kane). I only wish they weren't so cryptic with this series though understandable from a business perspective.

Getting both smart gunners would be incredible, I hope that comes true!

Last edited:
I have 2 Aliens blue/black Queens, and 1 red Genocide Queen. Hopefully they will make the AvP Queen too. I also want them to make a regular Queen with a black and silver/bronze deco like the black genocide Xeno has, and have no blue coloration.
NECA has confirmed on twitter that the AVP Queen is coming in 2017

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NECA has confirmed on twitter that the AVP Queen is coming in 2017

Awesome! I wonder if they will make 2 versions like McFarlane did, one with the the damaged head (and maybe hanging chains) and one with an undamaged head.

Awesome! I wonder if they will make 2 versions like McFarlane did, one with the the damaged head (and maybe hanging chains) and one with an undamaged head.
Not sure but they said it would be a new sculpt as seen in the movie so likely even bigger than the Aliens Queen

Not sure but they said it would be a new sculpt as seen in the movie so likely even bigger than the Aliens Queen

quencompa.jpg

Mhh... i was wondering what the difference is between the queen and the avp queen. Looks like the head is it. AVPs Queen head is ripped.

HOW BIG WILL THIS FIGURE TO BE? WILL IT FIT TO THE UPCOMING 22" ALIEN WARRIOR? A 60" ALIEN QUEEN? Okay..this is hehe..

View attachment 249735

Mhh... i was wondering what the difference is between the queen and the avp queen. Looks like the head is it. AVPs Queen head is ripped.

HOW BIG WILL THIS FIGURE TO BE? WILL IT FIT TO THE UPCOMING 22" ALIEN WARRIOR? A 60" ALIEN QUEEN? Okay..this is hehe..

Huh. If its just the head thats different I dont think they would be that interested in putting out a third Queen. She would have to be quite different from the blue and red versions and by what some fans that are familiar with the AVP Queen are saying she is bigger and more vicious looking so heres hoping it works out.

I hadn't heard that quote about no other sergeants. I guess that would eliminate Apone.

As for Ski and Crowe, as much as I hate to say it, they are likely the two least popular marines. Trotting them out for the anniversary year would fall far short of mass expectations. They need to go big. Drake and Vaz will win SDCC. If they skimp out, they will try to sexy things up with smartgunners in another capacity.

A wild card could be Ferro with the helmet and sunglasses. With 65% of the head/face covered, perhaps they could get around having to pay any likeness fees

I agree at SDCC this year they gotta go big to keep the line in the geek community eye and keep the momentum going and not have the Aliens line die a premature death like their Planet Of The Apes one. To do that they have to get more of the bigger names out there and maybe even some more of the unexpected items or items we thought they would never do.

What do you all think would make a good reveal or show at SDCC for the ALIENS line ?

Mine would be -

- Vas and Drake with their smart guns and all geared out like they were in the start of the film.

- A Dillon from Alien 3 or Ferro or Crow from Aliens to round out those films a bit more. Having Dillon with his axe would make a nice little accessory.

- the packaging of the creature pack. Will they do something as cool and unique as the egg carton packaging for their eggs and facehuggers ? I guess they could come in a kind of military style shipping container with the words " Dangerous Cargo " or " Specimens For Weland Yutani " all over it or of the like.

- Maybe a hint of if they are doing Resurrection figures. A Call or Ripley 8 would be nice to represent that film even as dividing as it is.

- Queen Egg Chamber with the egg sack. Another long shot but it is on a lot of fans wish lists.

- Yes or no on if vehicles are ever going to be in the Aliens line or completely off the table. I wonder how well that Predator vehicle sold ?

- More big name likeness rights confirmation.

Mhh... i was wondering what the difference is between the queen and the avp queen.
lots of. and it was in this thread...

1) everything about original queen.

The Queen

2) comparison list.

AlienQueen

head, neck, legs, arms, shoulders, torso, skeleton construction... well there is nothing left unchanged.

Yes or no on if vehicles are ever going to be in the Aliens line or completely off the table. I wonder how well that Predator vehicle sold ?

Whilst we are talking about Deluxe items, vehicle's, Egg Chamber etc. I was wondering if anyone else noticed the Chair suit diorama it looks like they was going to make for the Prometheus line?

Can't think what else that could be on the right hand side, so sad this line got cancelled... looks like great things were still to come...

DSC_0023.JPG

Perhaps this is what we could expect to eventually have, provided Neca goes this deep into the marines. Kastor's Korner and bigbisont were considerable help with customization of these figures. Still missing Drake, which is probably coming this summer, and Gorman. image.jpg

Whilst we are talking about Deluxe items, vehicle's, Egg Chamber etc. I was wondering if anyone else noticed the Chair suit diorama it looks like they was going to make for the Prometheus line?

Can't think what else that could be on the right hand side, so sad this line got cancelled... looks like great things were still to come...

View attachment 249748

It did appear that they had intended to go pretty deep with that line but because the film did not catch fire with as many people as they wanted it too they decided to cancel it after a very short run. Maybe down the line though they could maybe release some of the Prometheus characters under their ALIENS line since it is technically part of that universe. A Shaw or Mutated Holloway would be quite cool.

Back