NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20160201_153239.jpg

Congratulation this is a nice one. BonesawT101 :) beautyful lips

If i had this one i wouldnt had did a repaint of it. :)
by the way heres my customnized big chap and a selfmade warrior. it has no armblades but i think the head comes realy close to the aliens alien

IMG_20160201_163158_1.jpg

To Big chap: i reedit the cheecks with tube wire from the other big chap. it doesnt look like an ape anymore. nore movie style. bad to see on my bad camera photos.

Thanks. Now we need a couple more alien 3 figs to make me happy. Dillon for sure!

Seems unlikely, but Dillon would be great. Only sumbitch with the balls to take on that big mother****er bare handed. The figure would need a fireaxe, too, though, and alternate hands and fists. Yeah. Very unlikely.

Seems unlikely, but Dillon would be great. Only sumbitch with the balls to take on that big mother****er bare handed. The figure would need a fireaxe, too, though, and alternate hands and fists. Yeah. Very unlikely.
...I'd go crazy if they made Dillon and Clemens. But yeah, not happening [emoji24]

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

I really hate to be late to the party but could somebody please post pics of both versions side by side? I'm jus a little confused to what the variant is exactly.

Yea cerealkeller I actually was initially kind of hoping for the closed lip variant but once I seen this version in person it blew me away. In some pics imo it looks so accurate to the 79 starbeast. Excellent pics by the way Jaklyn! Ur putting my pics to shame with that display haha

I'll never get the license rights thing.
ALL the Marines are represented, albeit in that particular form, in the mini mates line. Can the do the name but generic sculpts?
Hurt and Holm in the ReAction line, which probably uses the older Kenner license contract I suppose.
Is it the Scale or accuracy of certain characters that don't allow NECA or, in the case of John Hurt, Hot Toys, to go forward?... (and we know he has a Dr Who figure or two, so he does sign off.)
If Kenner via ReAction has the same actors license, why not the big guns?.... and I'll be interested to see which Marines Re Action puts in it's Aliens line...

I'll never get the license rights thing.
ALL the Marines are represented, albeit in that particular form, in the mini mates line. Can the do the name but generic sculpts?
Hurt and Holm in the ReAction line, which probably uses the older Kenner license contract I suppose.
Is it the Scale or accuracy of certain characters that don't allow NECA or, in the case of John Hurt, Hot Toys, to go forward?... (and we know he has a Dr Who figure or two, so he does sign off.)
If Kenner via ReAction has the same actors license, why not the big guns?.... and I'll be interested to see which Marines Re Action puts in it's Aliens line...
...they don't have the actor likeness rights. ReAction figures don't look like anyone, just cartoon generic interpretations. Every actor and movie is a different matter that must be negotiated separately. John Hurt giving permission to use his likeness on one movie doesn't mean he's allowing it for all of his other movies

commandernarra - In short, its all about the face. The 'character' is easy to do. The character name use comes with the movie license and, as you noted, is often done (with cartoonized or soft generic faces). Making the character actually look like the actor(s) is the part requiring individually negotiated deals for face use.

Is it possible to subscribe to threads here? Been watching several but computer is going in for repair for a few days and want to get the emails.

...they don't have the actor likeness rights. ReAction figures don't look like anyone, just cartoon generic interpretations. Every actor and movie is a different matter that must be negotiated separately. John Hurt giving permission to use his likeness on one movie doesn't mean he's allowing it for all of his other movies

Which itself I do find rather bizarre. What's the problem he has with Kane from Alien?

Which itself I do find rather bizarre. What's the problem he has with Kane from Alien?
...that my friend, is a real mystery. If even Hot Toys couldn't get his likeness...

P.S. I wonder how NECA's Kane looks beneath the Facehugger?

I am trying to get the spike in the back....I am cursing God and Neca for almost destroying my hand with no success yet. Any tips? Boiling water I'm guessing? The female end on the spike almost seems warped. Ugh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This question popped up on twitter and from what I remember was his likeness (John Hurt) being used in Doctor Who merchandise was agreed upon before he appeared in the show. Part of the contract I guess. The same thing happens with Marvel/DC and the Star Wars stuff I believe. For older movies/TV the actors likeness isn’t included in the license and some either don’t want or want a lot of money for their likeness.

The ReAction line did have Ash and Kane figures but the card art does not show their faces as they wouldn’t allow their likeness to be used.

Back