NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think if there is still enough energy and buzz around the Aliens line Neca may cave in and do an APC or heaven forbid a dropship ? It would be a nice change from releasing just figures and if fans are willing to pay Hot Toy prices for some of the more adult collectables then surely NECA fans wouldnt mind shelling out bigger money for a vehicle in scale with the figures ?

This is exactly what I was thinking about in the shower earlier today!
But enough collectors would have to have that cash set aside for their ALIEN displays. i.e. If my friends like ALIEN but love Star Wars, they're going to spend more on the latter.
I've always spent more on ALIEN merchandise than almost anything else so...

Do you think if there is still enough energy and buzz around the Aliens line Neca may cave in and do an APC or heaven forbid a dropship ? It would be a nice change from releasing just figures and if fans are willing to pay Hot Toy prices for some of the more adult collectables then surely NECA fans wouldnt mind shelling out bigger money for a vehicle in scale with the figures ?
I know I've been pushing the idea of a semi-affordable APC somewhere down the line, but even I have to admit that a dropship in-scale with the 7" figures would be utterly outside the realm of possibility. Remember, that thing has to be able to comfortably fit an APC inside of itself. Only people who build and fly 1/6th scale model jet fighters would ever have space to store/display something like that.

But I do think they should def release the sentry guns and some of the chestbursters in a pack.
Yes.

It goes without saying that generic is better than nothing. But nice pull on the Tech Manual smartgunner. I love that guy!
I made this quite a while ago...
View attachment 240766
Hey yeah, I remember him! And the AvP2 W-Y penal colony guy. :hi5:

I would actually be willing to bet that is what we will get, now that you mention it.

They won't have to tool a new body or legs either. It makes so much sense (for them).

Heck, I'd buy even 3 or 4 (for customizing)
Yeah, me too.

...I highly doubt they'll make generic marines. Windrix is the closest they'll come to that and that had a reason to exist and hasn't sold that well, proof that most people won't go for unknown characters. They must have gotten likeness rights of at least one other actor for series 9.

And if you really must have troops of marines, I hear there's a lot of Windrix available out there.
If Windrix had been a bit more generic, if he'd had a helmet, a pulse-rifle, armour that wasn't transparently Hudson's with new decals and hadn't had sculpted sergeant's chevrons on his arm, I would have bought every last one I could find. As it is, it's simply too much work to justify purchasing more than the two or three that I ultimately ended up picking up.

It isn't that I "must have troops of marines". Being prepared for less-than-ideal releases is not the same as demanding 'generics'.
I simply chose to look at the bright side (new parts for custom builds) while tempering expectations.

As for my points of speculation, all I am saying is 'tech manual' characters are more canon than the 'fan film' & 'video game' characters that have already been featured in the predator line and it would be dirt cheap for them to make. I'm not willing to put money on it or anything, but just saying it could be worse and I would put nothing past them. I'll make the most of it either way.
Indeed.

I could see Hot Toys making an APC in similar scale to their BAT vehicle from Dark Knight Rises. Just a thought.

I know I'm shelling out more cash to NECA right now than any other company, though, so they better have some surprises in-store...

Calling it now: one of the new Marines will be Apone. Pretty sure they didn't go to the trouble of making those long-sleeved arms with sergeant's stripes just for Windrix...

Those recent tweets about retailers calling for less humans more creatures sorta dulled my hopes for this line to be quite as in-depth as I would like.

However I think I could be tremendously happy still if the Aliens line ended up with these as yet unmade figures:

Vasquez (smartgunner)
Vasquez (Operations battle)
Drake (smartgunner)
Drake (flamethrower & BD face)
Apone
Ripley (full jumpsuit & leather jacket)
Hicks (Operations battle)
Hudson (Sub-level 3 battle)

*I hate to leave out Gorman, Newt, the other marines and Burke but they clearly just aren't gonna make everyone.

I've never thought as extensively about figures for the first film but these would be fantastic:

Ripley (with hair semi-tied up - which is, I think, when she is trying to find Jonesy and get to the shuttle)
Lambert (compression suit)
Dallas (Nostromo jumpsuit)
Parker
Ash (with possible BD option?)

*sorta leaves Brett out altogether and Kane & Lambert in Nostromo fatigues, a pity but they just seem even more unlikely than the others

Alien 3:

Dillon

*even Dillon is a major longshot so I can't possibly include anyone else

Last edited:
I cant wait for the 1/4 scale warrior! I was so happy when they first showed the prototype

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Okay i looking for that. But if they do it. They have to make realy good joints. The Joints of the 22" Aliens are not realy good.

IMG_20160128_102941.jpg
IMG_20160128_103223_2.jpg
IMG_20160128_103237_1.jpg
IMG_20160128_113658_1.jpg
IMG_20160128_113938.jpg

So difference between the 2 Big Chaps i know. First look.

Old Version (left):

You can move the upper leggs. So he can stand more elegant in a crouching position.
I cant move the knees or the feet at the moment. Maybe a hairdryer will help. I will not break it.
The Head is different. The inner head is painted not sculpted. Its scale is a little smaler.
The tongue is longer to pull out. it is difficultlyier to shut the mout. The membran disturbs it a little.

New Version: (right)

You cant move the upper leggs forward. Cause of the rubber skirt around it. But it has this bycicle rack legg funktion so it
can stand very good in position.
The head is very movie like. The inner Head is skulpted with nice Paint. The lips if you have the closed version can realy disturb the hole image. I fix it with a knife. :p

Calling it now: one of the new Marines will be Apone. Pretty sure they didn't go to the trouble of making those long-sleeved arms with sergeant's stripes just for Windrix...
...wanna put some money into it? Apone is one of those that got a straight "not happening" answers :D

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Those recent tweets about retailers calling for less humans more creatures sorta dulled my hopes for this line to be quite as in-depth as I would like.

However I think I could be tremendously happy still if the Aliens line ended up with these as yet unmade figures:

Vasquez (smartgunner)
Vasquez (Operations battle)
Drake (smartgunner)
Drake (flamethrower & BD face)
Apone
Ripley (full jumpsuit & leather jacket)
Hicks (Operations battle)
Hudson (Sub-level 3 battle)

*I hate to leave out Gorman, Newt, the other marines and Burke but they clearly just aren't gonna make everyone.

I've never thought as extensively about figures for the first film but these would be fantastic:

Ripley (with hair semi-tied up - which is, I think, when she is trying to find Jonesy and get to the shuttle)
Lambert (compression suit)
Dallas (Nostromo jumpsuit)
Parker
Ash (with possible BD option?)

*sorta leaves Brett out altogether and Lambert in Nostromo fatigues, a pity but they just seem even more unlikely than the others

Alien 3:

Dillon

*even Dillon is a major longshot so I can't possibly include anyone else

I could see them doing Vasques and Drake as a two pack personally and get them out of the way and also that I always thought of them as coming as a pair rather as singles. Added with a couple of smartguns they would make an impressive two pack overall.

Ripley in the flight jacket and full overalls is a no brainer as it is the look she is in mostly in Aliens, but given how Randy said that although they had Sigourney's likeness rights but could not use it all the time makes me think that they are only saving Ripley for when the line truly needs one. We already really got out Alien and Aliens Ripley and with Alien 3 Ripley on the way that makes the best of her iconic look already done. I personally would love to see her in the flight jacket and full overalls but also as Ripley 8 in Resurrection even though its my least favourite Alien film.

It is true though that they need more big names for the marines to help sell the human characters to retail so Apone seems like a safe bet for a reveal. Spunkmier and Fero might be ones too if they want to fill out the ranks and get some time to keep trying to get the more bigger names to sign up.

I could see Hot Toys making an APC in similar scale to their BAT vehicle from Dark Knight Rises. Just a thought.

I know I'm shelling out more cash to NECA right now than any other company, though, so they better have some surprises in-store...

Curious, what would really surprise you then in the Aliens line? A few more named Marines or a Burke or Newt ? A vehicle even ?

Now that you mention it, putting all that tooling and paint work into one body as a one off special seems rather silly, even if it was for a very noble cause. Shame really that more fans didnt seem to like or buy Windrix since he is truly one of the better sculpted and painted Aliens figures out so far. You can really see a lot of care and thought went into him at all stages.

Isn't it generally supposed that retailers sunk the Masters of the Universe reboot line by demanding new variants of He-Man and Skeletor in each wave?

...wanna put some money into it?
I only gamble with my life, never my monetary assets. :wink1:

Apone is one of those that got a straight "not happening" answers :D
So was Ripley. :lol

I would buy a Vasquez and Drake two-pack in a heart beat; same for Apone. However, that's about as many marines as I would get, combined with the previous releases. I guess I am the "retail typical" fan in that I am more interested in the aliens than human characters.

Regarding an APC, I can't imagine one being produced in scale with the 7" figures, unless it was just a diorama section. I expect retailers would balk at having such a huge brick of plastic taking up space on their shelves (who has room for that sort of thing anyway?). As big pieces go, the 1/4 aliens are a much safer bet to sell. I really hope Neca eventually makes all the Aliens in 1/4 scale.

Question: Does Neca have the licence for Alien Resurrection? They jumped from Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 straight to AvP. I would jump at the chance for a Resurrection alien warrior and Ripley.

... they have the license for all Alien movies. Resurrection figures will be coming next year with the Newborn following possibly in 2018

Okay i looking for that. But if they do it. They have to make realy good joints. The Joints of the 22" Aliens are not realy good.

View attachment 241000
View attachment 241001
View attachment 241002
View attachment 241003
View attachment 241004

So difference between the 2 Big Chaps i know. First look.

Old Version (left):

You can move the upper leggs. So he can stand more elegant in a crouching position.
I cant move the knees or the feet at the moment. Maybe a hairdryer will help. I will not break it.
The Head is different. The inner head is painted not sculpted. Its scale is a little smaler.
The tongue is longer to pull out. it is difficultlyier to shut the mout. The membran disturbs it a little.

New Version: (right)

You cant move the upper leggs forward. Cause of the rubber skirt around it. But it has this bycicle rack legg funktion so it
can stand very good in position.
The head is very movie like. The inner Head is skulpted with nice Paint. The lips if you have the closed version can realy disturb the hole image. I fix it with a knife. :p

uploadfromtaptalk1453998603613.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Now that you mention it, putting all that tooling and paint work into one body as a one off special seems rather silly, even if it was for a very noble cause. Shame really that more fans didnt seem to like or buy Windrix since he is truly one of the better sculpted and painted Aliens figures out so far. You can really see a lot of care and thought went into him at all stages.

Pretty sure they originally did all that work in the hopes of getting likeness approval for Apone... but when that fell through, they used the parts for Windrix instead. Kinda like making lemons from lemonade. Since the likeness rights didn't happen, take those new body parts they had ready to go and apply them to a good cause.

Sallah

Pretty sure they originally did all that work in the hopes of getting likeness approval for Apone... but when that fell through, they used the parts for Windrix instead. Kinda like making lemons from lemonade. Since the likeness rights didn't happen, take those new body parts they had ready to go and apply them to a good cause.

Sallah

Can't they just release a Master Sergeant named Alone who looks kinda like Apone and happens to have a flamethrower, pulse rifle, binoculars and a holster on his chest armor? I'd buy that:) Hot Toys did what they did and I was fine with that at 1/6 scale so at this scale the likeness issues would be less notable.

Can't they just release a Master Sergeant named Alone who looks kinda like Apone and happens to have a flamethrower, pulse rifle, binoculars and a holster on his chest armor? I'd buy that:) Hot Toys did what they did and I was fine with that at 1/6 scale so at this scale the likeness issues would be less notable.
...yes, but how many people would buy a fake marine? I wouldn't, and I'm not sure how many will apart from those who want an army

...wanna put some money into it? Apone is one of those that got a straight "not happening" answers :D

OK, I'd tolerate not getting Apone if we can still get Vasquez & Drake (+ variants) and remaining variants of Ripley, Hicks and Hudson. Even better would be if we could switch out Apone for Gorman (operations battle) but that won't happen.

I could see them doing Vasques and Drake as a two pack personally and get them out of the way and also that I always thought of them as coming as a pair rather as singles. Added with a couple of smartguns they would make an impressive two pack overall.

Ripley in the flight jacket and full overalls is a no brainer as it is the look she is in mostly in Aliens, but given how Randy said that although they had Sigourney's likeness rights but could not use it all the time makes me think that they are only saving Ripley for when the line truly needs one. We already really got out Alien and Aliens Ripley and with Alien 3 Ripley on the way that makes the best of her iconic look already done. I personally would love to see her in the flight jacket and full overalls but also as Ripley 8 in Resurrection even though its my least favourite Alien film.

It is true though that they need more big names for the marines to help sell the human characters to retail so Apone seems like a safe bet for a reveal. Spunkmier and Fero might be ones too if they want to fill out the ranks and get some time to keep trying to get the more bigger names to sign up.

Didn't hear that about any limitations on how many Ripleys they can make. Can't think of why that'd be the case, weird.

As regards the Vaz & Drake 2 pack - sounds cool in theory but I'd be worried about the quality taking a step down as it has on 2 packs in the past for some reason.

Isn't it generally supposed that retailers sunk the Masters of the Universe reboot line by demanding new variants of He-Man and Skeletor in each wave?

I dunno, not a line I follow (but did as a child in the 80s, just didn't keep that one going)

I think there can certainly be over-saturation with main characters though. You see it with Star Wars aswell, ****ing Darth Vaders out the wazoo, even kids only need so many of him. I do feel it can choke a line to death when you see nothing but rows and rows of the same damn character on the shelf. There must be a happy medium or, if there isn't one to be had, then the line needs to take a break I suppose. I hope we're not there yet with the Alien and Terminator franchises.

Back