NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89 Batmobile looks great even though its just a huge piece of plastic, the APC will be the same me thinks.

I had the Hot Toys '89 Batmobile in mind when I made that post - yes it looks great, but its design helps. It's aesthetically beautiful. The APC is not really.

Just held the Hicks figure up to the 89 Batmobile, a NECA APC would need to be bigger than even that :horror Taller, probably longer and wider too.

Then I guess I'd want a combination vehicle/playset....which would obviously be much larger and more expensive than NECA's usual output. If I were thinking of the APC with your idea of a diorama I'd feel a need to have a wider LV-426/colony environment to display the APC within because a massive APC just sitting on a shelf....I'm not sure it'd be worth it.
Sounds like you're looking for something more like the Nostromo corridor diorama NECA had at last year's Toy Fair, only showing the APC interior.

The APC is a bit bland visually, a brick on wheels, I feel it would need a wider context to really look good.
I dunno, man. I think this looks pretty cool:

sandypic010221093480_zps1e11d690.jpg

Couldn't find the tweet but I've asked them before about the sentry guns and they said along these lines:

"probably not, as not many people know about them as they were only in the director's cut" they've also said "No because the Marines / figures cannot actually interact with them (not User controlled)"

This was about a year and a half ago though so things might have changed - but still cannot believe the response I mean who collects these figures and hasn't seen the director's cut, and who wouldn't want them even if they are just static "accessory pieces" that sit in front of the marines - although they could easily have side to side rotation.
That is a pretty suspect reason for not wanting to produce the Sentries, but then again, I'm getting the sense that NECA can be a bit capricious as a company. Wasn't Randy Falk initially talking about messing with the AvP Predators' proportions because he didn't like how they looked onscreen, before backing down in response to the outcry from collectors?

The APC is a bit bland visually, a brick on wheels, I feel it would need a wider context to really look good.
after numerously playing avp2 game (singleplayer of course) it had so much context for me (together with the dropship) that i hunted them down from aoshima. the only available items then not looking like micromachines toy.

if there already was Neca variant, it'd be as accurate but much cheaper i think.

but no, i wouldn't want it in 1/6 or even 1/12 scale o_O

The Cinemachines line should be awesome and though not to scale will give us accurate representations of the vehicles we want. They confirmed today the Sulaco will be happening!

Luckily I picked up the old galoob APC & dropship back in the day, they are much bigger than the cinemachines but it would be sweet to get an APC vehicle/playset for the 7" figures.

Hell, I would be happy if they did a re-release of the Blue Warrior int he upcoming Aliens wave. I missed out on that one and had to pay inflated secondary market prices recently. I know I would buy at least 2 more blue warriors.

I dunno, man. I think this looks pretty cool

Indeed that's the only other custom I had seen of an APC to similar scale. However I now know a couple of people that have started and are in progress of building an APC to Neca scale. Some of you might have already seen some of the progress, or be familiar with this guys work - but for those that haven't here's a few of his latest in progress pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Got to say he's doing a great job, and makes it look so easy. Go over to his twitter page to have a better look and maybe give him a little praise

https://twitter.com/brandonrflores

Something about these two figures I really like. I have re-posed my dog alien more than any of the others and the isolation alien has turned out to be just as fun to mess around with.

View attachment 240393

Nice Picture. I have the Alien Isolation Xenomorph too.
I had no idea how to put in on this thing wich comes with the figure.
Your Picture is an inspiration for that.

IMG_20160125_112045_2.jpg

Next Alien will be the Dog Alien :)

My alien cant shut up" allways hanging the tongue out. :-/

Do you think if there is still enough energy and buzz around the Aliens line Neca may cave in and do an APC or heaven forbid a dropship ? It would be a nice change from releasing just figures and if fans are willing to pay Hot Toy prices for some of the more adult collectables then surely NECA fans wouldnt mind shelling out bigger money for a vehicle in scale with the figures ?

Do you think if there is still enough energy and buzz around the Aliens line Neca may cave in and do an APC or heaven forbid a dropship ? It would be a nice change from releasing just figures and if fans are willing to pay Hot Toy prices for some of the more adult collectables then surely NECA fans wouldnt mind shelling out bigger money for a vehicle in scale with the figures ?

I think they might but they have been adamant that it's just to large and so not feasible to do in-scale with the 7" figures. They can now also argue that if you want an APC, Dropship / vehicle you can now buy it in the Cinemachines line. So with this new line now happening, there's really not much pushing them to do one in scale with the 7" figures.

About the AvP Alien Queen - Just how different is she from the normal Queen or the Genocide Red Queen ? Enough to warrant a third one in the line ?

The fact that it is so different / requires a new sculpt actually makes it less likely to happen - although they have said that they might do it sometime in 2017.

I'll take generic Marines over no Marines...

...besides, how cool would this guy be?

latest
:wink1:

It goes without saying that generic is better than nothing. But nice pull on the Tech Manual smartgunner. I love that guy!
I made this quite a while ago...
20141104_190110.jpg

I would actually be willing to bet that is what we will get, now that you mention it.

They won't have to tool a new body or legs either. It makes so much sense (for them).

Heck, I'd buy even 3 or 4 (for customizing)

...I highly doubt they'll make generic marines. Windrix is the closest they'll come to that and that had a reason to exist and hasn't sold that well, proof that most people won't go for unknown characters. They must have gotten likeness rights of at least one other actor for series 9.

And if you really must have troops of marines, I hear there's a lot of Windrix available out there.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Randy knows that it's the 30th Anniversary and i'm sure they are trying to make the best of it, but all we know that we are getting so far for it is:

1/4 scale Warrior
Series 9 Aliens Anniversary wave.

It's not like they haven't made the Queen, Power Loader or Ripley yet. So what could they do that would be a real hit for the fans to mark the 30th Anniversary. Well they confirmed that we will be getting two new marines - that aren't ones they've done before so we can rule out Hicks / Hudson variants and they also confirmed we will be getting the Smart Gun this Year.

So we know that at least one of these two Marines will be a SmartGunner and that they will most likely be part of Series 9, so there will also have to be a non-marine figure to finish off the 30th Anniversary wave of figures.

So I guess what i'm saying is that if we don't get Vasquez, Drake or a fan favorite than what will we really be celebrating? and this is what Randy and the team would of been thinking months ago... there's no way they wouldn't do a killer Aliens wave for the Anniversary.

Randy is not giving anything away though, he knows what he's doing by replying to every tweet as "we can only do, who we have likeness rights for in our license" - this response gives nothing away and in fact makes it sound like "no we're not" - a good way of surprising everyone when we do eventually get them.

They didn't have Sigourney Weavers license but that didn't stop them, what someone needs to ask them is "are they going to get ... Likeness" not "Are they going to make Vasquez etc."

It isn't that I "must have troops of marines". Being prepared for less-than-ideal releases is not the same as demanding 'generics'.
I simply chose to look at the bright side (new parts for custom builds) while tempering expectations.

As for my points of speculation, all I am saying is 'tech manual' characters are more canon than the 'fan film' & 'video game' characters that have already been featured in the predator line and it would be dirt cheap for them to make. I'm not willing to put money on it or anything, but just saying it could be worse and I would put nothing past them. I'll make the most of it either way.

Randy knows that it's the 30th Anniversary and i'm sure they are trying to make the best of it, but all we know that we are getting so far for it is:

1/4 scale Warrior
Series 9 Aliens Anniversary wave.

It's not like they haven't made the Queen, Power Loader or Ripley yet. So what could they do that would be a real hit for the fans to mark the 30th Anniversary. Well they confirmed that we will be getting two new marines - that aren't ones they've done before so we can rule out Hicks / Hudson variants and they also confirmed we will be getting the Smart Gun this Year.

So we know that at least one of these two Marines will be a SmartGunner and that they will most likely be part of Series 9, so there will also have to be a non-marine figure to finish off the 30th Anniversary wave of figures.

So I guess what i'm saying is that if we don't get Vasquez, Drake or a fan favorite than what will we really be celebrating? and this is what Randy and the team would of been thinking months ago... there's no way they wouldn't do a killer Aliens wave for the Anniversary.

Randy is not giving anything away though, he knows what he's doing by replying to every tweet as "we can only do, who we have likeness rights for in our license" - this response gives nothing away and in fact makes it sound like "no we're not" - a good way of surprising everyone when we do eventually get them.

They didn't have Sigourney Weavers license but that didn't stop them, what someone needs to ask them is "are they going to get ... Likeness" not "Are they going to make Vasquez etc."

I dont like the Idea of an 1/4 Alien Warrior. My 1/4 Big Chap is enough. MY 2 Neca Warriors looking good beside their Queen. I dont need an standalone alien warrior 1'/4 . Big Chap alone is okay but an Warrior needs his hive.
I dont have any Humans in my collection. I was looking for the 1/4 Dutch from Predator but i dont like the joints of the ellbows. I think they had to cover it with something.
What im Missing or wanted to have in a new Serie:

-A 1/4 Predalien ( Alien Predator Hybrid)
-A Human with Chestburster action
-A Lifesize Facehugger ( not that plush one)
-A Lifesize Chestburster (not the Plush one)
-A Praetorian
-A Alien Queen Throne ( With the Big Wings. That was the most imposing Scene i ever watched in a Movie.)
-Some Alien Nest Diorama Stuff to put your aliens on it.

And at least an non Alien wish from NECA Serie would be for me Sil from Species in 1/4 or maybe in 7"
That would be Perfekt.

I cant wait for the 1/4 scale warrior! I was so happy when they first showed the prototype

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back