NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's got huge shoulders.
Just wondering if they did anything to the head. The prototype makes the head look very thin and the profile of the dome seemed completely off (too round/blunt). Can't tell from this photo if that's been fixed. The mouth here does still look off though- looks like he's got a huge lower jaw compared to the rest of his head.

Sean

It's clear that you want to continue this conversation in your somewhat angry manner despite me having your previous post removed (and clearly you didn't like it), so okay, I'll try to answer the best I can.
Why would I like your apparently having free reign to taunt me for my opinion and not be able to respond?

In my opinion, the first three Alien movies follow the story of Ripley, the Alien, and the company that pursues the Alien. Alien: Isolation doesn't have to be a part of this canon.
I could say the same thing about Colonial Marines, but few critics would see that as a compelling argument against dumping on it anyway.

After all it isn't about Ellen Ripley, it's about her daughter Amanda trying to find out what happened to her. That's the plot, simply put. Any person in the same scenario, having grown up not knowing what had happened, would likely jump at the chance.
Again, I can play this game too:

After all it isn't about Ellen Ripley, it's about the Colonial Marines trying to find out what happened to the Sulaco. That's the plot, simply put. Any person in the same scenario, not knowing what had happened, would likely jump at the chance.

Actually, "this isn't about Ellen Ripley" should be hung in big, bold, easy-to-read letters over the workspace of anyone working on any future Aliens projects in general, come to think of it. The Aliens universe is too big and interesting to be permanently handcuffed to one woman.

Alien: Isolation doesn't I feel have to really answer any questions; it really comes down to what the original Alien movie is. A struggle to survive. That's it. And it was a joy to see that Alien return to the cold, calculating 8ft tall killer it's supposed to be. I can't say I really had a 'taste' as after all after the crap that was Aliens: Colonial Marines my expectations weren't all that great. As I played the game, I wanted the main character to survive and that is what kept me going. I've played through a few times, now.

As I progressed through the game, I probably spent a huge part of it like many fans being amazed at the attention to detail the developers made. The environments. The ships, the costumes, the derelict. Extremely well done and I'd gladly part with another $60 for another Alien game that would give me the same enjoyment. And I was a tough critic having spent literally hours analyzing behind the scenes photos and drawings from the film; if you look at my blog, you will see that I have created blueprints of the Nostromo (printed in the ALIEN:Vault book), the Sulaco, the APC and Powerloader (the last two available as prints included with Hollywood Collectible Group's APC and Powerloader statues) plus a couple of other projects I have cooking and take extensive research.

Of course, I'm not saying the look of the game should be an indication of how well it plays. But I do feel Creative Assembly did a wonderful job with both, and I'm more than happy to give credit where it is due.
You know, you can just *say* that you can't actually explain how Isolation's plot is supposed to make any sense in continuity with the films. No need to be so verbose about it.

I hate to say this but the lips look horrible.
I do not care how accurate they are... and if they wanted to do lips, couldn't they at least paint them silver? looks awful

Looks like Duck face
I don't like em either. They should be, like, folded or furled. It'd be nice if they were removable.

I love the look of the lips. It makes for a very unique big chap figure! I can understand why some people wouldn't like it though. I have a feeling that they will be removable.

Oh cool that was me that they responded to. Kind of disappointing but I still love the look of the figure and wpuld have left the lips on anyways.

it looks weird with the big lips but still cool.looking at the pics it looks removable for me.(if not i'll make it removable)
wondering how you gonna fully open the mouth with the inner jaw with those lips.
i preordered it with LED predator.
DSCN73274 (2).jpg

if it was silver i wouldn't be as grossed out, the color makes it look like when a toy gets old and starts to get stained and stinky

it looks weird with the big lips but still cool.looking at the pics it looks removable for me.(if not i'll make it removable)
wondering how you gonna fully open the mouth with the inner jaw with those lips.
i preordered it with LED predator.
View attachment 196662

Okay, wow. This shot sold me. Awkward or not, this screams Big Chap more than any of NECA's other attempts. Glad they're translucent, otherwise they would annoy me much more. All I needed was this profile angle. :rock

I don't mind the color either. The original costume had several colors and the current state of the costume shows off the yellowing even more. It's like having an earthy-looking replica of the suit.

Plus I'm sure the Alien Warrior will have its teeth bared like they've always been.

I really hope the 1/4 scale aliens will sell enough to get a 1/4 scale Dog Alien. With a sculpt as good as their normal dog alien plus the huge size it would be stunning :pray:

I like how they've done the lips, certainly unusual to see on an Alien figure. I think there was a large scale bust that attempted to do the same thing but it ended up looking like a monkey.

I'm on overload here, I have so much alien figures now they need there own 6 ft shelf. And all this stuff is still being made. It needs its own shelf if I get it all.

Not sure on how to display it all. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one

The original puppet head of Alien by Rambaldi look like a monkey (words of Giger).

That is true. They've recreated the translucent lips which definitely helps; if they would have ended up opaque, it would have looked very strange. It'll be interesting to see what they do on an 'Aliens' warrior, as those too had the lips (Dropship cockpit and Burke scenes).

I really would like the option of open/snarling lips.
The v2.0 small scale sculpt is pretty cool in that respect, the snarling lips look great.

Back