NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone

I am a new member and i will like to seek your advise on the following:

I had just bought a NECA aliens queen about the 2 weeks ago.

Just realized that 1 of the "attachment" for the Queen is warped.

I had tried both the hot water and hair dryer method but it is not helping.

The warped piece will be straighten for 15 min or so before returning to it original shape.

Attach is the picture, please advise on what should i do next and thanks for your help.
Attachment.jpg

Hi Everyone

I am a new member and i will like to seek your advise on the following:

I had just bought a NECA aliens queen about the 2 weeks ago.

Just realized that 1 of the "attachment" for the Queen is warped.

I had tried both the hot water and hair dryer method but it is not helping.

The warped piece will be straighten for 15 min or so before returning to it original shape.

Attach is the picture, please advise on what should i do next and thanks for your help.
View attachment 171401

I would bend and put it in s book or something over night. Or bend it the other direction and hold till it middles out. It not going to break, that's why people heat stuff up to be safe. It's that bendy plastic so no worries there

Assuming there will be 3 in the Isolation wave, what will those be besides iChap?

Yes, I will be calling him "iChap".

I imagine it will probably be:

1. Isolation Xenomorph

2. Flight suit Amanda

3. Amanda in white Compression suit

Yeah that's what I was just thinking.

They will sculpt a new head, arms and backpack on '79 Ripley's body for Amanda.

Then just repaint accordingly.

Let's hope it doesn't hurt the future of the line...
My thoughts exactly.
Though after A L I E N S Ripley & CPL, A:R Xeno, & new AvP:R Xeno, I'm probably gonna be all set on Alien toys anyway.

I'm trying to think of the remaining movie figures that NECA will actually make could be. We know they will make the rest of the movie Xenos, which the ones left are: A:R Alien, AvP Alien (with grid variant), AvP:R Alien and AvP:R PredAlien.

The non-Alien figures I could think they would likely make would be: Alien regular clothes Dallas, Aliens Ripley with Jacket, Alien3 Ripley, A:R Ripley and WY Mercenary. As far as the Marines go, we know they have the Smartgun already sculpted, but they seem pretty silent on whether or not they are actually going to make a Vasquez or Drake to go with it. It's possible they will just make a generic Smartgunner Marine for it. And as far as the other Marines go, well, they seem not to be in to much of a hurry to make more Marines, or to acquire the likeness rights. And aside from a regular Dallas, I can't see them making any more Nostromo crew members, Alien3 Inmates, or A:R humans.

I know they said around series 8 or 9 will be the start of the Kenner-inspired figures, so it seems like they may already have the remaining 2 or 3 unannounced series: 6,7, or maybe 8, already planned out. Unlike the Predator series, where they are the same 2 or 3 basic bodies with alternate armor pieces, hands and heads that can have a ton of waves and go on and on, the Aliens series has specific characters with a specific look, and are specific actors that need to have likeness rights acquired to produce.

I think that is a solid and 'likely' list. If they go with Vaz and do 2 versions of her (which re-used parts are key for their business model, so I think Vaz is a smarter play than Drake for them), that would be 12 figures. That is another 4 waves right there which will carry them into the ....ugh...kenner tributes.

A load of Alien things have been mentioned on twitter lately and just thought to share a couple:

1) Alien Isolation wave will not include a "Working Joe" as "would require 100% new sculpt & tooling which we cannot do atm".

2) I asked: "As far sales go atm, can us Aliens fans expect the line to have long legs like Predator?"

Randy's Reply: "yes"

So a bit of bad news, with a great bit of good news. In regards to the Working Joe I reckon we will see it one day probably in an second Isolation wave, but this first foremost counts on the line having long legs.

Thank you very much for sharing, VLAGAS! :clap

I love the game very much and I would buy the complete line of Xeno, Amanda and Joes to represent the most important characters. But this does not sound good.

I get the impression NECA only tries to make the existing Xeno1979/Ripley more profitable by upgrading. This is perfectly OK because they have to make profit, the emphasis lies on "only".

I keep waiting as I do not want to end with a half complete set. From the moment they confirm a Working Joe - no matter what version - I will be back for it.

My thoughts exactly.
Though after A L I E N S Ripley & CPL, A:R Xeno, & new AvP:R Xeno, I'm probably gonna be all set on Alien toys anyway.
I'm not going to be happy until we have all the Sulaco Marines, or at least a few generic army-builders/video-game Marines. Everyone and their dogs make xenomorphs. USCM action figures are somewhat harder to come by.

I'm trying to think of the remaining movie figures that NECA will actually make could be. We know they will make the rest of the movie Xenos, which the ones left are: A:R Alien, AvP Alien (with grid variant), AvP:R Alien and AvP:R PredAlien.

The non-Alien figures I could think they would likely make would be: Alien regular clothes Dallas, Aliens Ripley with Jacket, Alien3 Ripley, A:R Ripley and WY Mercenary. As far as the Marines go, we know they have the Smartgun already sculpted, but they seem pretty silent on whether or not they are actually going to make a Vasquez or Drake to go with it. It's possible they will just make a generic Smartgunner Marine for it. And as far as the other Marines go, well, they seem not to be in to much of a hurry to make more Marines, or to acquire the likeness rights.
They've been asked about generic USCM or A:CM-inspired figures recently, but their attitude appears to be "nope, beloved crew of the Sulaco (whom we apparently have no plans to actually make figures of for the foreseeable future) or nothing".

I think that is a solid and 'likely' list. If they go with Vaz and do 2 versions of her (which re-used parts are key for their business model, so I think Vaz is a smarter play than Drake for them), that would be 12 figures.
Hey, they could easily get two figures out of Drake the same way... ;)

NECA needs to make more marines. I'm incredibly happy they are making the Alien and Aliens versions of Ripley. As a die hard Aliens fan and a devoted NECA collector, I want NECA to make two more versions of Hicks - Headset Hicks and Acid-Splashed Hicks, a Dark Horse Comics re-imagined Hicks from the original Aliens Comic run, Drake, Vasquez, Gorman, and Apone. Of course, I want the whole Nostromo crew in their regular attire, especially Dallas in his captain's attire and Parker. On the bottom of my Aliens movie characters list are Dillon, Bishop II/Michael Weyland, and Johner. I hope NECA really dives into making all the Kenner Aliens characters, humans and xenomorphs, and characters from the great Dark Horse Aliens and Alien versus Predator comics.

Hey, they could easily get two figures out of Drake the same way... ;)

Call me crazy, and I know all the fans keep bringing it up as an option, but I don't see acid-face drake being a hot seller. Also call me a heretic, but even as a die-hard I would find that figure a bit boring. It would have paltry accessories and virtually zero displayability except standing directly next to the exploding head blue warrior.

What I could see them doing is the regular smart gun versions of each character (no doubt marked up as a "deluxe" like they did with Bad blood) then maybe do a 2-pack of their non-smart gun states. As a 2-pack people are less likely to complain about lack of accessories and the coolness of Vaz in that state would drown out the relative boringness of acid Drake in that state. At least that is how I would do it if I were them.

NECA needs to make more marines.

Amen.:duff

Back