NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of the A:R/AvP Slugheaded Aliens so I will likely pass on those. Although I fully expect NECAs ones to crap on the McFarlane ones from a height, tiny heads on those figures.
You're a slughead.

You can already see one in this image:

attachment.php

where?

Look above the Giger alien's head, and slightly to the right. You'll see it's tail. The figure is unpainted and you can only see the back of it.

Not a fan of the A:R/AvP Slugheaded Aliens so I will likely pass on those. Although I fully expect NECAs ones to crap on the McFarlane ones from a height, tiny heads on those figures.

Yeah, usually I get 6 of each alien, but with the AvP aliens I will probably only get 1 or 2.

Look above the Giger alien's head, and slightly to the right. You'll see it's tail. The figure is unpainted and you can only see the back of it.

Looks like the one they released first....a long time ago.....when Avpr actually came out

Hi abake can you please post some high res pics of the Aoshima Alien ? Also do you know where I can buy a couple of the Aoshima aliens ? There looks to be a Geocities review of you reviewing the figure, but I can not see it from Australia. Any chance you put it up in Youtube where every Alien fan can access it ? Thank you.

Gotta be careful when posing the Aoshima alien....like medicom, it utilized some of the same soft PVC type joints paired with abs and some of those are the weakest joints on any figure, particularly in the shoulders.
I've owned two that have broken out of the package ( warrior and big chap) likely having some existing splits in the joints out of the factory.
Luckily my final piece didn't have the same problem, but I refrain from posing the shoulders too much....ironically some of the early square enix fires had similar issues.

As an aside, I particularly like the way they approached the head....though stylized, there's something really organic about the construction of it....

I had the Aoshima Warrior Alien. It was okay for the time, but i always thought the hands were too large and the chest too broad. Plus, I didn't care for the extra shoulder/torso articulation. As soon as NECA come out with their first Warrior, I sold it off, but kept the Facehugger.

The facehugger is nice....so is the chestburster....and the human cocoon, and jonesy.....I think I still have jones....

So what are you all hoping for in series 5? They are gonna announce/show the full wave at toyfair, but what are your wants to be in it? We already know we are getting final battle Ripley, so that leaves 2 slots open.

Some possible figures to fill those slots I would want would be:

Black Warrior Alien (need at least one Alien in this wave since series 4 is all humans, and even though I have 6 of the genocide 2-packs, I would still buy a TON of these)

79' Alien Re-release (A LONG time ago Randy said they would be re-releasing this, and after series 4 it would be good for people who missed out the first time, or who don't want to get it in the eventual AvP 2-pack 2.0)

Weyland Yutani dog-catcher (I know NECA said they are going to be making one some time ago)

Ops Control Hicks (With headset, calm closed mouth sculpt, newt tracker device, and maybe a Facehugger or Egg)

That's all I can think of for now. And I honestly don't know how they are gonna release the eggs and Facehuggers. Hopefully they will be easy to obtain and plentiful.

I think the Geocities page is gone, not sure, but here's the comparative review I did including the Aoshima alien:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/36061-amigos-mcfarlane-aoshima-neca-aliens-review.html?highlight=three+amigos

I doubt the Aoshima alien is still up for sale anywhere, your best bet should be ebay. They also released an Aliens version.

Thanks Abake.

Also did any one get the Play Arts Kai Alien Lurker ? It looks pretty good from the pics I saw on the net.

Dog alien is the best and my favorite so far from the Alien franchise. The articulation is simply mind boggling.

MvGsGKX.jpg

So what are you all hoping for in series 5? They are gonna announce/show the full wave at toyfair, but what are your wants to be in it? We already know we are getting final battle Ripley, so that leaves 2 slots open.

Some possible figures to fill those slots I would want would be:

Black Warrior Alien (need at least one Alien in this wave since series 4 is all humans, and even though I have 6 of the genocide 2-packs, I would still buy a TON of these)

79' Alien Re-release (A LONG time ago Randy said they would be re-releasing this, and after series 4 it would be good for people who missed out the first time, or who don't want to get it in the eventual AvP 2-pack 2.0)

Weyland Yutani dog-catcher (I know NECA said they are going to be making one some time ago)

Ops Control Hicks (With headset, calm closed mouth sculpt, newt tracker device, and maybe a Facehugger or Egg)

That's all I can think of for now. And I honestly don't know how they are gonna release the eggs and Facehuggers. Hopefully they will be easy to obtain and plentiful.

Their latest Giger alien already is a re-release... I doubt they will go for a third round.
Randy was probably referring to the 1/4 scale version.

Their latest Giger alien already is a re-release... I doubt they will go for a third round.
Randy was probably referring to the 1/4 scale version.
Randy said we'd see Big Chap again, probably in a pack of some sort.

Back