NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an Aliens game adaptation, it was an abomination. Plain and simple. 17 years(?) spent developing a game that is actually a step back from the Alien-related games of the 90's. :slap :lol

The fact that they made special footage to show off at E3 because the actual gameplay was horrendous says it all really. :lol
Not in the least.

Meh, i liked the game for what it was. Could it have been better? Yes. But I don't regret the $20 I spent on it.

RE: the game - It wasn't even the worst Aliens game. I think everyone forgets that even in the beloved Arcade game there were ZOMBIE versions of the WY cammandos throwing CHEST BURSTERS at you. The AvP for the Jaguar would leave acid blood that blocked your path essentially icing you out from moving and having to start all over. ACM was no worse than any other disaspointing first person shooter of the last 10 years.

Anyone who wants to attack people who found some enjoyment in it are being DRAMA QUEENS. Let it go and relax. Its like the game was a chick that dumped you and your heart is all broken so you just run around saying how big a whore she was.

RE: Likeness rights - Considering Hot toys couldnt get Hurt either, I am inclined to think he wants more money than Neca is willing to pay. Same as Al Mathews as Apone. Hurt signed off on Dr. Who figures appearently. Al Mathews has been quoted in interviews as saying he welcomes a figure that looks like him so long as he is compensated. The fact the deals don't get done, in my mind, is that Neca is cheap-skating them.

RE: The power loader - I will happily put a generic marine in there. If you guys are a "screen scene or bust" attitude, thats fine. But the power loader is not Ripley's property. Its a piece of equipment used by the USCM. Any grunt would be fine in there from an EU stance so I'll throw in my generic guy I made.
(Also don't read anything into Bishop's boots. They were the Reeboks that were tied in with a marketing deal. Ripley had the boot version and Bishop the sneaker version all movie long. They have nothing to do with the powerloader.)

uru9e5u9.jpg

Just noticed they used an Aliens warrior full body but put an 79 alien dome, hand and feet on this. Odd!

Bri

Actually, that is the new 79 body, but apparently with the old head sculpt.
Might be a variant NECA is going to release.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Asylum member nothingtogein over at the mm.net board gleaned these juicy tidbits from Randy at the booth:

'They have Weaver's likeness, they just don't have the official go-ahead to reveal. Regardless they aren't gonna show any of it at Toy Fair. No Ripley with Power Loader - they said they're gonna hash out a couple versions of her from Alien before they move toward Aliens Ripley, so my guess is we won't see any of that stuff until next year. The first Ripley will be in Series 4.'

Just in case anyone is hyping themselves up.

Asylum member nothingtogein over at the mm.net board gleaned these juicy tidbits from Randy at the booth:

'They have Weaver's likeness, they just don't have the official go-ahead to reveal. Regardless they aren't gonna show any of it at Toy Fair. No Ripley with Power Loader - they said they're gonna hash out a couple versions of her from Alien before they move toward Aliens Ripley, so my guess is we won't see any of that stuff until next year. The first Ripley will be in Series 4.'

Aah I see. Well, as long as we got a Rip I'm good. We just have to be patience just a little bit longer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well awesome if true. Though I wonder what else they could be revealing at Toy Fair if not her (since apparently they haven't shown everything yet)

Here is my custom alien with resculpted cheeks and repainted body:

I think this figure has the potential but new bodie is real crap. Alien can barely stand even on a smooth surface. Besides, old alien body looked more like Bolaji`s costume. Also, new material is crap too - casting quality is terrible. However i like Alien`s new head. I wonder if it can be put on the old body.

Ok, they got the likeneses rights for Ripley, what I don´t get it´s why would leave Aliens ripley for next year when they have announced the Power Loader now... anyway are they going to show 79 Ripley in this Toy Fair?

Ok, they got the likeneses rights for Ripley, what I don´t get it´s why would leave Aliens ripley for next year when they have announced the Power Loader now... anyway are they going to show 79 Ripley in this Toy Fair?

Yeah that doesn't make sense. Also everything, even Dallas and Kane and the dog alien are seemingly being released under the 'Aliens' banner....

Cool custom dude.

I think the mouth section looks a lot like Hot Toys Big Chap.

NECA first Alien is still superior to this new sculpt.
dazapare.jpg

Bri

Meh, i liked the game for what it was. Could it have been better? Yes. But I don't regret the $20 I spent on it.
Exactly.

just let it go... the game sucked, they were deceptive and the game was a huge turd, youre not right :lol
Don't be silly. It may not have lived up to expectations in terms of graphics but there's nothing particularly terrible about it as a game.

RE: the game - It wasn't even the worst Aliens game. I think everyone forgets that even in the beloved Arcade game there were ZOMBIE versions of the WY cammandos throwing CHEST BURSTERS at you. The AvP for the Jaguar would leave acid blood that blocked your path essentially icing you out from moving and having to start all over. ACM was no worse than any other disaspointing first person shooter of the last 10 years.

Anyone who wants to attack people who found some enjoyment in it are being DRAMA QUEENS. Let it go and relax. Its like the game was a chick that dumped you and your heart is all broken so you just run around saying how big a whore she was.
Indeed. It certainly wasn't the best FPS of all time, but licensed games rarely are, and in any event what I laid down my money for was the opportunity to blast xenomorphs with a pule rifle and that's exactly what I got.

RE: Likeness rights - Considering Hot toys couldnt get Hurt either, I am inclined to think he wants more money than Neca is willing to pay. Same as Al Mathews as Apone. Hurt signed off on Dr. Who figures appearently. Al Mathews has been quoted in interviews as saying he welcomes a figure that looks like him so long as he is compensated. The fact the deals don't get done, in my mind, is that Neca is cheap-skating them.
Given the fact that they couldn't be bothered to include helmets with the single-packed versions of Hicks and Hudson, that seems plausible, though, then again, they did get Biehn's and Paxton's likeness rights (and Henriksen's and apparently Weaver's now too) in the first place.

RE: The power loader - I will happily put a generic marine in there. If you guys are a "screen scene or bust" attitude, thats fine. But the power loader is not Ripley's property. Its a piece of equipment used by the USCM. Any grunt would be fine in there from an EU stance so I'll throw in my generic guy I made.
I wish NECA would make a generic Marine. Just someone with undecorated armour, a helmet and a couple of weapons for different display options.

If they aren’t allowed to show the Ripley figure yet that could explain why the Powerloader was there, Gets people excited and talking about what could come, like it did. Alien would come first filling out anniversary spots and all that. I get why but only Lucky Star for me. Trying not to get too excited until we hear it officially…

You're comparing a 2013-released X-box 360/PS3 console game that's had 17+ years in development and Gearbox hyped up like there was no tomorrow, claiming "It's the real sequel to Aliens harharhar", to a 90's arcade game. See the problem with that?

It's not a matter of opinion - the game was literally only thrown together as cheaply as possible to sucker Aliens fans into forking over $60.

I take it you didn't follow the news surrounding the game and must have missed the fact that Sega/Gearbox were sued twice because of it, and the fact that they showed fake footage at all of the gaming conventions because they knew if they showed the real thing no one would buy that POS game.

Can't forget that awful storyline where not only does Hicks survive, but apparently Weyland-Yutani are the ones responsible for saving him by replacing his body with another random person's in the EEV. That already sounds like some ridiculous 15-year-old fanboi's fanfiction, but what makes it 100x worse is the fact that there's no explanation for why W-Y didn't move about 3 feet over from Hicks' body and do anything about Ripley. :rotfl :slap

You like the game? That's fine. But you have to understand that there is nothing redeeming about it and it's only purpose was to rip-off the fans.

It's just annoying to see some guy going on a little crusade to defend something "in the name of the franchise!" despite the fact that it, and the people who created it, have pretty much admitted at this point that they don't give a **** about your franchise and put no heart or soul into the game. They just wanted to make a quick buck.

It'd be kinda like buying a $250 Hot Toy figure and receiving a $15 NECA figure and defending Hot Toys' decision to rip you off because you were still satisfied with the NECA figure. :rotfl

You're comparing a 2013-released X-box 360/PS3 console game that's had 17+ years in development and Gearbox hyped up like there was no tomorrow, claiming "It's the real sequel to Aliens harharhar", to a 90's arcade game. See the problem with that?

It's not a matter of opinion - the game was literally only thrown together as cheaply as possible to sucker Aliens fans into forking over $60.
It'd be kinda like buying a $250 Hot Toy figure and receiving a $15 NECA figure and defending Hot Toys' decision to rip you off because you were still satisfied with the NECA figure. :rotfl

anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

I'm excited about all the new stuff, so much so that I went to Toys R Us and bought the new '79 Alien and Aliens Warrior. Sadly, the Warrior's leg snapped at the hip as soon as I moved it and the '79 Alien has really loose joints. They're pretty neat figures, but I like being able to stand them up on their own.

Back