NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a huge helmet! !:confused:

Bri

Perspective on a bad pic w/ cell phone camera aimed down. Its actually fairly proportional (unlike the gigantic hunter green motion tracker:slap).

... There actually is no Hicks figure from NECA where the pulse rifle in combat-use is accurate!

True that. But I don't mind displaying one "idealized". (Not that this is my display! That is my work desk :wink1:) I have 4 total Hicks figures and 2 will be made to be movie accurate. One will probably stay just like that more like a generic marine without the shotgun holster.

TheCrow13... That is AWESOME.

Do you guys think Neca will release "neutral expresion" helmeted marines? First wave was ok but I want my marines in full gear.. and I'm not completelly sold on those screaming faces..

Do you guys think Neca will release "neutral expresion" helmeted marines? First wave was ok but I want my marines in full gear.. and I'm not completelly sold on those screaming faces..

Do I "think" they will do it? Eh, I don't think they will, and I would much rather they focus on new characters at this point. But that said, I wouldnt put anything past neca when it involves releasing figures where they can use 95% recycled parts.

If they did resort to that, I could go for a "$h&t eating grin" Hudson head with the helmet from the drop scene.

Just ordered the 2 pack genocide aliens.I weighed out my thoughts on the play arts and bandai aliens.NECA has it going on for the price and the queen coming :yess:

So I tried to rip the helmet off the old school mcf hicks. Doesn't fit neca figures well. I put it here instead

ycmEH5Z.jpg

cool pic and idea. thanks!

I don't have a ton of experience with action figures, but how can people stand these problems with quality control? I've had a box of several sets of the Series 1 figures in storage and kind of written off the entire Aliens line after seeing a lot of inconsistencies and paint application nightmares.

Well, I just finally decided to open up one of the better-looking Hudson figures this afternoon. And now I'm pissed all over again, lol. Do you guys seriously spend half an hour 'prepping' your figures? Using a hairdryer, working each joint gently, ect.

I'm mean, for a toy this is ridiculous! What's the point of better sculpts and (occasional) paint apps if the figure is so fragile out of the package that you risk breaking it just by 'playing'? I know these aren't marketed as 'kids toys', but shouldn't adults have higher standards, here? I mean the plastic on these things is just... well I could say Chinese, but don't want to stereotype, lol. Before I 'outgrew' action figures :)wink1:) in the mid 90's, I don't ever remember having figures this fragile. It's nuts. I guess times change.

I just wish we could get NECA to change as well. I'm on the verge of boycotting the company altogether. Let them release a Queen. It's not like she'll be able to stand on her own anyways. You think you have problems with the drones? Oy.

(Sorry for the rant.) But maybe someone can help shed some light on this 'adult action figure collecting' business.

Back in my day, figures played with themselves for you, dadnabbit Joda!

I don't have a ton of experience with action figures, but how can people stand these problems with quality control? I've had a box of several sets of the Series 1 figures in storage and kind of written off the entire Aliens line after seeing a lot of inconsistencies and paint application nightmares.

Well, I just finally decided to open up one of the better-looking Hudson figures this afternoon. And now I'm pissed all over again, lol. Do you guys seriously spend half an hour 'prepping' your figures? Using a hairdryer, working each joint gently, ect.

I'm mean, for a toy this is ridiculous! What's the point of better sculpts and (occasional) paint apps if the figure is so fragile out of the package that you risk breaking it just by 'playing'? I know these aren't marketed as 'kids toys', but shouldn't adults have higher standards, here? I mean the plastic on these things is just... well I could say Chinese, but don't want to stereotype, lol. Before I 'outgrew' action figures :)wink1:) in the mid 90's, I don't ever remember having figures this fragile. It's nuts. I guess times change.

I just wish we could get NECA to change as well. I'm on the verge of boycotting the company altogether. Let them release a Queen. It's not like she'll be able to stand on her own anyways. You think you have problems with the drones? Oy.

(Sorry for the rant.) But maybe someone can help shed some light on this 'adult action figure collecting' business.

Quality control with "Adult Collectible" action figures in general has been an issue even since the early days of McFarlane toys, where their figures would break if you looked in their general direction:rotfl

NECA has said time and time again that working with the factories in china is very difficult. The fact that there aren't more QC problems is a small miracle.

In NECA's case, i'm sure it comes down to the quality control of the factory producing the figures for that series specific run. With Predators series 3 we had issues with breakage, but since then, the reports of breakage have died down. Their Dutch figures came out amazing with great paint apps and no breakages.

But unforunately it seems like the QC for Aliens series 1 wasn't as good. We will have to wait and see how their series 2 figures come out, and we may get a general idea of how the QC is going to be on this specific line of figures.

In general as far as collecting these go, These are probably the only, and the definitive figures we are going to get of these creatures and characters, at least within a reasonable $15 to $20 price range. That's why i keep collecting despite some QC issues. I have little interest in a 6-inch alien for, like, $80 from a higher end company.

If you follow them on twitter, you can tell NECA really does care about putting out a good product, it's just sometimes things get screwed up.

All of that is just my opinion of course, i'm 29 now and have been collecting figures all my life, and would like to think I have some basic knowledge of how the toy industry works. So there's one collectors opinion on it.:wink1:

Quality control with "Adult Collectible" action figures in general has been an issue even since the early days of McFarlane toys, where their figures would break if you looked in their general direction:rotfl

NECA has said time and time again that working with the factories in china is very difficult. The fact that there aren't more QC problems is a small miracle.

In NECA's case, i'm sure it comes down to the quality control of the factory producing the figures for that series specific run. With Predators series 3 we had issues with breakage, but since then, the reports of breakage have died down. Their Dutch figures came out amazing with great paint apps and no breakages.

But unforunately it seems like the QC for Aliens series 1 wasn't as good. We will have to wait and see how their series 2 figures come out, and we may get a general idea of how the QC is going to be on this specific line of figures.

In general as far as collecting these go, These are probably the only, and the definitive figures we are going to get of these creatures and characters, at least within a reasonable $15 to $20 price range. That's why i keep collecting despite some QC issues. I have little interest in a 6-inch alien for, like, $80 from a higher end company.

If you follow them on twitter, you can tell NECA really does care about putting out a good product, it's just sometimes things get screwed up.

All of that is just my opinion of course, i'm 29 now and have been collecting figures all my life, and would like to think I have some basic knowledge of how the toy industry works. So there's one collectors opinion on it.:wink1:

Thank you for taking the time to type out your thoughts on the matter. I agree that these are probably the only definitive figures we are going to get of these creatures and characters, so I guess I have to decide just how badly I 'need' 7" versions of Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn on my shelf.

Since I can't get NECA figures locally and must resort to online buying, I could easily (and have in the past) spend a ton of money buying multiple sets of figures just to get the 'best' ones. To be blunt: It kinda sucks, lol.

Yeah, First World problem. :rolleyes2

Thank you for taking the time to type out your thoughts on the matter. I agree that these are probably the only definitive figures we are going to get of these creatures and characters, so I guess I have to decide just how badly I 'need' 7" versions of Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn on my shelf.

Since I can't get NECA figures locally and must resort to online buying, I could easily (and have in the past) spend a ton of money buying multiple sets of figures just to get the 'best' ones. To be blunt: It kinda sucks, lol.

Yeah, First World problem. :rolleyes2

I feel your pain. It appears to be a problem that is never going away. As people have said, certain waves will come out perfect, and then others will flat out suck. Not sure why it changes so much, surely if you find a factory that did well, you'd just stick with them?

I'm lucky enough to have a store nearby, because I wouldn't bother ordering online with Neca products ever.

So, question.
I ordered the Hicks vs Alien from Toysrus.com, because I knew I was going to be busy the next few weeks and could not get out there. My order came in and all good, but the Alien only had the exploded head, no body shot damage. Did any of y'all get one like that or what?
picture.php

That is him straight from the package. He's on eBay because I didn't plan on keeping him anyway, just wanted the helmeted Hicks, but I was curious to see if anyone else saw/got this "variation"

Back