NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aliens Series 1: Corporal Dwayne Hicks showcase is up: https://www.basementoftatlock.com/2013/07/aliens-series-1-corporal-dwayne-hicks.html

Also, here a few pictures from the showcase:

aliens-series-1-hicks-09.jpg

aliens-series-1-hicks-01.jpg

aliens-series-1-hicks-07.jpg

Excellent pictures. Love the first one the best! :D

Bri

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out better lighting. I had some bleeding problems with the filters I used, but I am getting some softbox lights and a macro lens. So, hopefully the pictures keep getting better.

I'm glad you liked them. :)

Got my Genocide packs today and I must say: if you're at all apprehensive about buying these because you don't know what to do with a red Alien, buy them anyway.
The red ones are nicely done and you'll find something to do with them, maybe just pepper them in with the other figures for some contrast.
As for the black ones... they completely blow the Series 1 Warriors out of the water. NECA used drybrushing again (no surprise there), but the color is a more-suitable metallic copper/silver and the drybrushing is actually balanced. There are no areas where the paint is slopped on or the figure is coated in that color.
Teeth and the inner-tongue are the only areas that appear sloppy but even with the first Alien Warrior back in '09, I had to go through tons of them to get one that looked perfect. That was definitely an exception and not a rule. Cheek tendons are improved though.

I'll open these in a bit and take some pics for you guys. So far, I'm liking what I see.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures dude! I might grab this when it hits the UK.

Bri

Got my Genocide packs today and I must say: if you're at all apprehensive about buying these because you don't know what to do with a red Alien, buy them anyway.
The red ones are nicely done and you'll find something to do with them, maybe just pepper them in with the other figures for some contrast.
As for the black ones... they completely blow the Series 1 Warriors out of the water. NECA used drybrushing again (no surprise there), but the color is a more-suitable metallic copper/silver and the drybrushing is actually balanced. There are no areas where the paint is slopped on or the figure is coated in that color.
Teeth and the inner-tongue are the only areas that appear sloppy but even with the first Alien Warrior back in '09, I had to go through tons of them to get one that looked perfect. That was definitely an exception and not a rule. Cheek tendons are improved though.

I'll open these in a bit and take some pics for you guys. So far, I'm liking what I see.

Same here, I just picked up my set today and I love the Black Warrior Alien, hopefully later on they will release it as a single carded figure. I'd love to army build all black Aliens.

A couple of repaints. Sorry my pics are tapered legged pleated slacks. :(

A L (l) E N S
IMG_20130726_131931-1.jpg

IMG_20130726_132005.jpg

IMG_20130726_131949.jpg

IMG_20130726_131937.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pics.
I hope Neca make a bluish-brownish mix version like on the warrior 2009. With drybrished colors.

One thing I just noticed about the red Alien, it is cast out of red plastic with a black wash done to it. The bare red plastic has a nice insectoid look to it.

Sorry it took so long, but here are some crappy shots. The body paint apps are hugely improved, really happy with these. I love the black Aliens which have a more classic Gigeresque look to them. Red ones are cool too, I think their bright base color and black wash really bring out the gorgeous details of the sculpt -- and, as Jace said, they look very insectoid as a result. As random as they seem, they're still gorgeous and I have no problem pitting them against my Marines. Or, if I end up getting the Queen, using them as her royal guards. :rock

There are tricky joints on these, some of which seem to have been stuck by the gloss coat but they can eventually be loosened. Most of the time. :lol My only real issue is that one of the black Aliens has a knee joint where the plastic on the bottom of the thigh (top of the joint) is bent outwards a little, so the peg that holds the joint together doesn't completely push through the hole. I've had other figures like this and the joint is still moveable and doesn't feel like it'll come apart. Really the only consequence is it makes the top of that knee looser than other joints. It's also worth mentioning some of the jaws are a tad loose and the legs can get warped as usual, though not to the point where it would really piss me off. No glue issues, no chipped plastic, no slopped-on paint = good enough improvement over the brown Warrior. Hoping they put the black ones out individually because I fear this particular paintjob is the only one they can't mess up. Excited for the 1/4 next year, suuuuuure would be nice if NECA took this black paint scheme to that one...

2dt7rds.jpg

2gt3u5t.jpg

ousheo.jpg

30s7j3q.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. Yeah though, I hope they do put out the Black Warrior individually too, I would army build them like hell.

I didnt bother to pre-order those and still don't think its worth the cost plus shipping, but after seeing the pics, I think these are def now 'must buys' if I cross their path on a store shelf. The red guy certainly looks better than I would have expected.

Those do look good actually. But black Aliens and red Aliens...I guess Vasquez was wrong, they are ants. This must really piss off the 79 Alien purists who hate the whole 'bug' thing.

Those do look good actually. But black Aliens and red Aliens...I guess Vasquez was wrong, they are ants. This must really piss off the 79 Alien purists who hate the whole 'bug' thing.

i've always thought of them being insect/ reptile mix.

Nice pics. Yeah though, I hope they do put out the Black Warrior individually too, I would army build them like hell.

I’m hoping for the same. :pray:

I’ve held out on this line so far because I want to make a hive dio and have been waiting on news/confirmation of the colouring of the queen. Those black aliens would be perfect! I will get the Hudson two-pack but the blue alien with Hicks doesn’t work for me.

Does anybody know if there has ever been an APC released in scale or round about to these figs?

I don't mind the design really. The whole point of the alien though is that it's "alien". Not "alien bug".

These red & black aliens do look good.

Back