NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tankman can you confirm if the new 18" Alien will just be a new paint app or will there be more differences?

They really need to fix the jaw.

Because the mold was lost when the factory went under. The old figure will suck compared to this new one. Way better articulation and improved sculpting. When I get back to Alien 1 you want to finally put your old McFarlane figure where it needs to go. You know the attack. LOL. The legs are so much better now and I wish I could do this to our 18 inch figure. I'm looking forward to our Aliens line being one of our best efforts.

People said the quality on the AvP Warrior was better then the Aliens.
I only just about the Aliens one 2 months ago!

You're welcome. I'll try to find more images for you. And thank you for sculpting these amazing figures!

Also I wanted to ask, will the new Warrior have the same headsculpt as the older one, or will it be a brand new sculpt for the head? Thanks!

I think the head is really good as is. I'm redoing the lower body and I want the spine and upper spike the be more accurate. I want the head to be able to bend back a lot more and tuck between the tubes on the back much like the Aliens we see in the movie.

I think the head is really good as is. I'm redoing the lower body and I want the spine and upper spike the be more accurate. I want the head to be able to bend back a lot more and tuck between the tubes on the back much like the Aliens we see in the movie.

You should make that middle back spike removeable.

Yeah these are the ones and I need the shot of the back and I remember being about to see the details of the spine. I think fans will enjoy the new warrior and I'm hoping to fix up the Alien also. Thanks a lot and you think you might be able to find more. All this stuff helps a lot.

That was painted by Jim Lawrence.

Here are some more...

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence4.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-3.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-2.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-1.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence5.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-5.jpg

Others of the actual suit:

27720001e2.jpg

suitalien4.jpg

suitalien5.jpg

suitalien3.jpg

suitalien2.jpg

suitalien1.jpg

And, honestly, I know several people are complaining about the Alien figure not being able to close its mouth...but neither could the actual suit.

There was always a gap between the bottom and the top teeth due to the large, sharp teeth on the side.

So, to make an "accurate" Alien, it SHOULD NOT be able to close its mouth all the way.

Alien_-_Sigourney_Weaver__The_Alien.jpg

0025.jpg

0011.jpg

4128280288_367e3f28bd_o.jpg

That's cool! And I also agree the Warrior headsculpt is perfect as is. I can't wait to see the articulation on the new figure!

You should make that middle back spike removeable.

That was painted by Jim Lawrence.

Here are some more...

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence4.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-3.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-2.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-1.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence5.jpg

ALIEN-paintedbyJimLawrence-5.jpg

These are the ones thanks a lot and the spike idea is a good idea. I'll make sure the figure will be like that or the spike will be very flex like.

I was thinking about having two different leg styles. Alien 1 and what to do for Aliens. Go thicker or maybe do it kind of like those cool artist computer designs I saw a few mouths ago. Someone on here did a cool kit of it and I really liked the look. Sideshow went thicker with a long leg thick look which is cool also. What to do is the Q?

...dat ass

I was thinking about having two different leg styles. Alien 1 and what to do for Aliens. Go thicker or maybe do it kind of like those cool artist computer designs I saw a few mouths ago. Someone on here did a cool kit of it and I really liked the look. Sideshow went thicker with a long leg thick look which is cool also. What to do is the Q?
Are you speaking of this?

bad_company.jpg

Because the mold was lost when the factory went under. The old figure will suck compared to this new one. Way better articulation and improved sculpting. When I get back to Alien 1 you want to finally put your old McFarlane figure where it needs to go. You know the attack. LOL. The legs are so much better now and I wish I could do this to our 18 inch figure. I'm looking forward to our Aliens line being one of our best efforts.

So when you say you're resculpting the lower body, does that mean we'll also get new hip articulation? Can you say what kind? Some ball-joints or something not as fixed as the old figure would be nice.

I may be out of the Predator game, but it doesn't look like anyone else will cover the Aliens and Marines for a while. I'd be hard-pressed not to build a little army if the figures turn out as well as, say, your Duke Nukem and Evil Dead pieces. Best of luck, Kyle! :rock

I couldn't do that. For me its buy all of it (Predator line AND Aliens) or none of it. However I'm sure you're being sensible about it and have your reasons.

I think Aliens just lends itself more to the smaller figure lines. There's a diorama-like vibe to collecting a bunch of Warriors, Marines, and -- hopefully down the road -- the Queen, which makes it easier to stomach making room for 7-inchers.

Predators seem more like individual display pieces for some reason. That's just me, though.

I prefer the more slender, spindly look of the ALIENS creatures limbs, more like the puppet versions they used in certain scenes. The ones in those CG renderings look awesome, almost a perfect representation to me.

So when you say you're resculpting the lower body, does that mean we'll also get new hip articulation? Can you say what kind? Some ball-joints or something not as fixed as the old figure would be nice.

I may be out of the Predator game, but it doesn't look like anyone else will cover the Aliens and Marines for a while. I'd be hard-pressed not to build a little army if the figures turn out as well as, say, your Duke Nukem and Evil Dead pieces. Best of luck, Kyle! :rock

The hip is way better now and the straight cuts will be history. These will be very cool.

That does sound good. A little hive diorama going on would be cool.

With the McFarlane figures and the NECA ones I have I've pretty much got a hive already - although, to be honest its not very satisyfing. Its just a cluttered shelf jammed-full of identically posed (and many broken) figures with a few eggs around the place (most of them hatched).

Unless you actually have a recreation of the sublevel 3 environment or the Queens chamber its still just a shelf with figures on it.

At this point I'm just buying the figures for the figures sake and not bothering with any thoughts of dioramas.

Yeah I not bothered about Dio's with NECA figures.
New Warrior sounds awesome with new lower body!

The blades on the arms were a little too fragile on the Aliens Warrior so I hope that gets a little more toughened.

Unless you actually have a recreation of the sublevel 3 environment or the Queens chamber its still just a shelf with figures on it.

Talking of that, that SS dio needs to happen. I won't be able to afford it but I'd be happy seeing the pics of it.

Maybe NECA could make us some eggs and facehuggers etc.

Back