NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would rule and Aliens is the best movie ever. That McFarlane Hicks was one of the worst that company ever put out. Very sad figure. Fans need an accurate Queen for sure.

I hated the pose and the arms were unnatural but I liked the detail of it. Underrated likeness too IMO.

I'd seriously buy a NECA Dog and Queen at any scale right now!! Everything else can wait, lol

There has always been a sense of disappointment with the dogs alien in figure form. I think the main reason is because there is actually two separate creature designs (Man in suit design and CG dog design). Neca (if made) can stay loyal to the dog alien and sculpt him as the “man in suit”. But then many would be disappointment because it would not be the sleek “on all four” CG version. And vice versa.

Just my two cents.

Doggy was puppet, not CG.

I believe the only CG in the movie is the Doggy's head cracking at the end.

I'd prefer it to be like the SS Doggy Maquette..the 1/3 scale one.

That would rule and Aliens is the best movie ever. That McFarlane Hicks was one of the worst that company ever put out. Very sad figure. Fans need an accurate Queen for sure.

A Ripley from Aliens would be awesome... too bad Sigourney would probably never approve.

Hah, a chase variant - splattered with android blood.

Doggy was puppet, not CG.

I believe the only CG in the movie is the Doggy's head cracking at the end.

I'd prefer it to be like the SS Doggy Maquette..the 1/3 scale one.

There were definitely some shots of him that reeked of post-production editing. Take a look at when he's on the ceiling, or crawling down in front of that one prisoner who sacrificed himself to lure the creature into the storage tank. There's also the more-famous scene where Ripley hides behind that medical table after Clemens' death and the Alien rises up in front of her before the close-up shot of its tongue.

Either it was CG or it was puppetry (possibly stop-motion) that was then digitally added in. I'm a big fan of the "man in a suit" look myself. If they could combine the bulk of the suit body with the overall animalistic shape of the legs, we'd have absolute figure perfection.

I personally would like to have the Dog on all fours (Doggy style) but, I would definitely buy both versions (man in suit), if they ever made them.

This is the dog alien:

tumblr_l70c9h27am1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

1247yhz.jpg

This is a man in costume:

A3+4.jpg

must respect the proportions of the dummy...

The only downsides with my dog alien were, that there was no stand included to keep the figure from falling over all the time - so I had to borrow one from another figure.

That, plus the left arm broke very easily, but I managed to cut the rubber open and do some surgery on the internal skeleton. Luckily the rubber sews up nicely, and leaves hardly any trace. Now it's just like new.

Still one of my fave Xeno figures though.

Dog alien of HT is the best among all of their products (Alien franchise).
only flaw: the spur of the tail is too thin

Really? For me, the main flaw is the same one all of them have: the mouth sculpt. The profile view is just weird and the teeth are completely inaccurate.

If we could get this, but with the dog-like legs, it'd be an insta-buy. No hesitation whatsoever.

Back