NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my wave 3 from walmart. These were shipped by NECA not walmart so they came in great condition, they even had a piece of cardboard protecting the j-hook.

I wish I could of found wave 1 boxes in this good of condition.

Ash is a great little figure with a very nice likeness to Ian Holm, my only gripe is I wish the hands held the accessories better.

Kane is the same as before with the headsculpt being the only thing new. The face printing came out really well on the John Hurt likeness.

The Alien will be staying in the box, it looks to be the same as the Ultimate Big Chap but I can't compare them as he is in storage right now.

I've the ultimate big chap and the bloody big chap, and I noticed that the "bloody" has a dome with a very good paintjob... better than the ultimate. I hope that this version is close to the "bloody" version (obviously without the blood).

Received my wave 3 from walmart. These were shipped by NECA not walmart so they came in great condition, they even had a piece of cardboard protecting the j-hook.

I wish I could of found wave 1 boxes in this good of condition.

The j-hooks on the boxes are so hit and miss. BBTS doesn't seem to consider them important enough to bother protecting, even when you selected 'collector grade'. Sure the rest of the box will be nice and unscuffed but I've gotten a few figures now with the J-hook bent over, creased and even torn. Meanwhile I've gottten figures at standard grade with no damage to the j-hook. :dunno

The j-hooks on the boxes are so hit and miss. BBTS doesn't seem to consider them important enough to bother protecting, even when you selected 'collector grade'. Sure the rest of the box will be nice and unscuffed but I've gotten a few figures now with the J-hook bent over, creased and even torn. Meanwhile I've gottten figures at standard grade with no damage to the j-hook. :dunno

I had the same here with my orders from them. I wish Neca would of kept using the plastic ones so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

The plastic ones come off after a while if you actually use them so I guess that's why they changed it.

Anyway it's a pity when they arrive damaged - I'm loving the boxes for all the Ultimates. Not majorly fond of the Alien 40th anniversary ones though. Just too flimsy overall.

damnit, people care about stupid hooks of stupid boxes that are supposed go to trash bins anyway - and they have to have to pay only $30 per figure.
all is available to me is paying $50-60 per one chinese knockoff on ebay and hoping it won't disintegrate in my hands.
:gah:
Thanks, I ordered a set. Can't believe these are $30 now....crazy.
yeah, i know, it's like next to nothing! of course the stupid hook is the main problem with such a price.

Man, people are in a foul mood today. Both here and in real life.
dunno about others, but, for example, i would buy the whole damn neca tmnt line if i didn't have to pay triple. and people say stock prices are too much in tmnt thread.
and here... the hooks are the problem, right! for figures unavailable other than through scalpers. :gah:
i said "**** off neca" to their TMNT line because of their selling politics, now i'll just try to close the A1 crew, and then "**** off neca once again". they can put their unavailable figures of nonexistent quality (and still too expensive for $20-30 for those who can buy multiples) up their neca asses for all i care.

I hear your complaints and share them to some extent given that I also have to import most of my figures or rely on totally unpredictable more local stores. I still like an uncreased J hook though. :monkey3

I hear your complaints and share them to some extent given that I also have to import most of my figures or rely on totally unpredictable more local stores.
do you have to pay $80-150 per figure and $50 shipping? that's what it would cost me if i purchased everything i want through USA sellers on ebay as the only source available at all.

No, I've been using BBTS for more than a decade. They get most of NECA's figures. If we're talking about SDCC figures or the Walmart/Target Alien waves then yeah there's a certain exclusivity to those and I've had to go to ebay - the domain of markups and Global Ripoff Shipping Program.

Is it just an unfortunate coincidence that the figures you happen to want are all exclusives?

About exclusives... it an incredibly stupid idea to make figures that are an integral part of a line exclusive.
I mean, if the exclusives were variants, like say Ripley with hair up or Parker with ripped t-shirt, I'd fully understand, but to make the main characters exclusives is beyond idiotic.

If these are exclusives no way in hell I will see them here in Canadian Walmart. Hopefully they will be available after the exclusive as I have seen other Walmart Exclusives show up at my local Collectable store

About exclusives... it an incredibly stupid idea to make figures that are an integral part of a line exclusive.
I mean, if the exclusives were variants, like say Ripley with hair up or Parker with ripped t-shirt, I'd fully understand, but to make the main characters exclusives is beyond idiotic.

The 40th anniversary waves being split between different retailers hurt this line I think.

Hasbro is one-upping them though with them making GI Joe army builders exclusive, a lot of people pissed about those.

Is it just an unfortunate coincidence that the figures you happen to want are all exclusives?
looks like that. i used BBTS a couple of times, a not-so-little shipping bill is fully covered by orginal prices versus ebay prices.
but i didn't see Tokka and Rahzar there. was lucky to make two very first preorders when resellers still sold them for $100 instead of $300.
i didn't see Kane and Ash there. if i knew they won't be sold like Parker and Brett, i wouldn't even start with Parker and Brett.
and there were other cases of Neca series i thought about getting but didn't even bother, knowing that i'd have to hunt down some items from the line like a crazy collector.

The 40th anniversary waves being split between different retailers hurt this line I think.
yes, exactly!

I think the Ripley wave and the Ash wave being sold as US store exclusives is a first for the Alien line, am I right? It's a bummer. Was this something to do with the pre-Covid Toys 'r Us closures?

Anyway, I looked on ebay for the Ash wave and only saw Chinese sellers so far - which I don't really trust due to the amount of bootleggers - although, sometimes I do wonder if the quality of those is any less than the real deal.

Anyway, I looked on ebay for the Ash wave and only saw Chinese sellers so far - which I don't really trust due to the amount of bootleggers - although, sometimes I do wonder if the quality of those is any less than the real deal.
my guess is they should on the same level anyway, at least the first wave - a chinese factory making more copies than were purchased by Neca - and selling them right from the factory. how else could they get them so early?
so the only "real deal" is they didn't go to neca and then to USA scalpers but can go directly to buyers.

Back