NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perception can be weird though. I took a measuring tape and laid 7ft2 out on the floor of my room and it didn't seem all that big compared to 6ft2. I even lay down next to it and looked up to where the top was and I found myself disappointed and I'm only 5ft7 :lol

It was different when I held the tape up in a standing position and saw how much higher than the doorframe it was, seemed pretty big then. And I think shoulder height makes a big impression when you work out where they'd be as compared to the shoulders of a 6ft2 person.

:lol :lol :lol

Yep, you can riot and ransack all your local shops.

My height doesn't massively bother me. I'm still taller than Tom Cruise...and many girls. :lol

I've been studying the 40th anniversary alien (non-bloodied version), and I think what happened is that the material they used for the new dome shrank more than they had planned... On mine the top of the spikes on the cranium actually touch the inner side of the dome, leaving barely perceptible dents.

So....

Screenshot 2020-12-09 111351.jpg

I'll be asking again next year I'm sure...

He's gaawnn! Forget him he's gaawnn!

J/k. I certainly haven't forgotten him and I hope NECA haven't either. I feel like an additional wave of '79 figures has probably moved up in their priorities to push an '86 revisit further down the line though. There's also the AvP Requiem 2.0s, themselves heavily delayed, due to come out.

It'd be sweet if NECA did one more "79 wave and finally achieve an accurate, painted Ripley headsculpt. Maybe with a white shirt outfit or even the underwear outfit (pretty unlikely).

Still annoyed about the scale change with Parker and Brett. Looking back at NECA through the years it is a thing that happens sometimes for whatever reason - figures being big, then getting smaller, then getting big again. But **** sake why did it have to happen within one movie line.

NECA Alien 40th Anniversary wave 4 has been announced, will include Giger Alien, Ripley, and Lambert. Ripley and Lambert will have photoreal face printing.

Eo5iysKXEAAzE0T

Eo5iqJYWEAEMabx

Eo5iv-DXYAAKloA

Eo5iihdXYAAkIml

Guess it was too soon to have sculpts done for Dallas, Kane and Lambert in Nostromo uniforms. Makes sense at least to put those two out again anyway. The Alien...scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point but whatevs.

Listening to the Disney Investor call, there's going to be a new Alien series on FX. Said it's based on earth in the near future and combines the horror/action themes of the first two movies.

I don't trust Disney to do a good Alien series. Or a good Alien anything, as a matter of fact...
I think this is one of those franchises that really should be left alone. I'd like for Scott to finish David's story and that's it. I don't think a series is a good idea.

NECA Alien 40th Anniversary wave 4 has been announced, will include Giger Alien, Ripley, and Lambert. Ripley and Lambert will have photoreal face printing.

Eo5iysKXEAAzE0T

Eo5iqJYWEAEMabx

Eo5iv-DXYAAKloA

Eo5iihdXYAAkIml

The paint apps on the alien could be interesting, but if they don't fix that dome there's no way I'll buy another.

Calling it the Giger Alien, but still using the Rambaldi sculpt they've been recycling for the last several years.

So a true Giger Alien should have that piranha mouth right?

Pity they go to the trouble of doing '79 specific facehugger, egg and chestburster but won't do an alternate head for the Alien. It's their insistence on the damn opening/closing jaw.

Pity they go to the trouble of doing '79 specific facehugger
???
did they?
i thought Konami was the only one who made an original facehugger, all the rest were an A2/AVP mix with a pussybelly.
did i miss something?

QIT9QeF.jpg

See I'm not sure if you're pretending you don't know about the one that came with the Ultimate 'Big Chap' because you don't consider it accurate to the '79 hugger at all or if you genuinely forgot about it and I can just breath a sigh of relief that it is accurate. :lol

Back