NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Alien looks.. oh well, they gave us Brett, Parker, Ash, Kane and Egg, Facehugger and Chestbuster. I can't complain in the slightest, they can do whatever they want.

My thoughts also. We're being well served. It's also a semi-relief when an exclusive isn't a must-have.

Of the first no doubt.. but full cast of Aliens?
Between nurses and doctors, Leuwen, white collars, Simpson and Lydecker, Newt's brother and parents etc. etc. that would be pure insanity..
Even if, to be honest, i'd buy Newt family. And now that i think about it, i want a Daihotai Tractor so bad. To be even more honest, i'd probably buy the entire cast for real. :lol
Too bad these things will never happen.

:lol I didn't think that through. I had in mind only the USCM though.

The tractor was going to happen in the cinemachines line - along with the Sulaco and Nostromo. Bummer that they probably won't release the rest of those.

Speaking of Newt's family I saw a report a couple of months back that the guy who played her dad died of Covid19.

I'd prefer a million times official likeness, but i'd be still totally okay with the Kenner Apone head for example, just put a cigar in his mouth, helmet on his head and we're done. Drake would never work for me with the Kenner head, but for Ferro for instance they could hide her behind her glasses.. i mean, it could be done. But still, hope they'll go the official route for as long as they can.

If it becomes a case of ''OK we've now made everyone except Apone and we just can't get his likeness rights'' then my hope would be that they proceed with a figure and just put the Kenner head on him like you said. Not all of us are adept at customizing our own.

:duff

You gave me good chuckles, fine gentlemen.

An awesome time was had in the Hot Toys Ripley thread a few years back. Applying quotes and full scenes of dialogue from the Alien saga to that whole hopeless situation of Hot Toys and this license.

Waste of plastic.

Someday, there will be a landfill full of Hot Toys Iron Man and NECA Aliens.

Someday.

There seems to be some interest in these glow-in-the-dark figures in the twitter replies. It's just not the kind of gimmick I care for as it doesn't represent anything from the movies. Well, maybe the AvP Pred-o-vision figure did. Still, not something I'd be excited about getting in the post.

The tractor was going to happen in the cinemachines line - along with the Sulaco and Nostromo. Bummer that they probably won't release the rest of those.
I want a full size one sooo bad, would look absolutely killer next to the Hadley's Hope sign. And it would't even be that big actually, especially compared to the APC. Sometimes we forget that NECA produces damn life size pieces.. just crowdfund these things, or make them based on ordered numbers, idk.

Speaking of Newt's family I saw a report a couple of months back that the guy who played her dad died of Covid19.
Oh, that sucks.

If it becomes a case of ''OK we've now made everyone except Apone and we just can't get his likeness rights'' then my hope would be that they proceed with a figure and just put the Kenner head on him like you said. Not all of us are adept at customizing our own.
Exactly, i still hope they can find a way to give us Al Matthews. I ****ing love Apone, Al did an amazing job in Aliens, love every single line he delivered. Great actor.

An awesome time was had in the Hot Toys Ripley thread a few years back. Applying quotes and full scenes of dialogue from the Alien saga to that whole hopeless situation of Hot Toys and this license.
Missed that one, but plenty of gold here still.

Just received the first wave and i'm pleasantly surprised. They all look great.
Ripley is so much better in person that i may actually prefer her to the first version, not only for the better paint application which compensate a bit for the inferior sculpt, i haven't realized until now that her hair are also pretty different, noticeable sculpt improvement when they're side by side.
The new accessories are just awesome and insanely detailed for this scale and i much prefer this version of Jonesy (my favourite one is still Space Suit version, but paint app on this one is incredible considering the scale, maybe i've got a very good one but it honestly looked like an Enterbay or Hot Toys piece in person, the eyes amazed me). But the Jumpsuit is downgraded unfortunately and not only for the lack of painted badge (which you can always hide with the flamethrower strap), color and especially finish are also preferable on the first version imo.

Same for Dallas actually, he looked so awfully glossy in pics but it's not that noticeable at all in person (still, matte FTW), the suit in general is better painted and i love the additional colored details and upgraded name tag.
Overall, i feel he is better than the first version but there's still downgrades, such as the cap being one main color instead of two and the lack of visible pink portion in the upper part of the suit. Also the material used for the 'glass' dome looks a bit more opaque, i'd say it's more screen accurate now but from a distance i think i prefer the old one as it pops more. No sticky paint whatsoever thankfully, a huge problem on earlier colored versions of this suit (Dallas and Kane, Lambert was perfect and that matte finish on her still looks amazing).

Never had the Alien prototype version before but i like this new one, materials feel great in hand, good paint app and it really is traslucent. I've never been the biggest fan of NECA Big Chaps displayed next to the Kotobukiya, but this is a welcome addition.

The new packages are lovely.

All in all i'm very happy with them (got an absolutely perfect bunch, as usual with Cosmic Group imported pieces), now i can't ****ing wait for Brett, Parker, Ash and the new Kane (and then regular versions of him, Dallas and Lambert), and the Diorama which i hope is still happening.
Then the Alien line will be finally on par with the Aliens one.. speaking of which, where's my Apone and swappable heads Gorman and Drake? And Ferro, and Spunkmeyer, and Dietrich, and Wierzbowski and Crowe? And Hicks headset and BD versions? And APC and diorama pieces? Still so much to do!

Thanks for the review!
All in all, I think I'm going to skip on these.

Thank you for all the reviews over the years, abake.

Can't blame you for skipping them, i too hate rereleases. In this case however i'm pretty satisfied thanks to Ripley's accessories.

NECA probably looked at the Hot Toys Ripley and decided they had to match them on the accessory front. Hot Toys meanwhile should look at NECA and match them on the 'produce some damn figures with the license you're holding' front.

I want a full size one sooo bad, would look absolutely killer next to the Hadley's Hope sign. And it would't even be that big actually, especially compared to the APC. Sometimes we forget that NECA produces damn life size pieces.. just crowdfund these things, or make them based on ordered numbers, idk.

It would. Yeah I'd buy it now that you hype it like that. I don't think it would ever be considered even for a crowdfund project though.

I can only assume the reason the license hasn't been forfeited to another 1/6 company is because HT is cozy with Disney, who now own Fox's properties.

Hot Toys should start by making a damn accurate alien...

c3pJN95.gif

Third time lucky. I finally managed to get a decent ultimate big chap! Not perfect, there's a gap at the back of the dome on the left hand side. Apart from that the jaw is fine and closes properly, the joints work through a bit stiff, and the paintwork is great. :yess:

Gagging to get my hands on wave 2 of the anniversary figures.

Third time lucky. I finally managed to get a decent ultimate big chap! Not perfect, there's a gap at the back of the dome on the left hand side. Apart from that the jaw is fine and closes properly, the joints work through a bit stiff, and the paintwork is great. :yess:

Gagging to get my hands on wave 2 of the anniversary figures.

About damn time! :clap
Congrats man, it's a really nice figure.

One thing I've come to appreciate about this one (when it doesn't have too many QC issues), is that it doesn't look cheap. Unfortunately, most NECA aliens do look a bit cheap because of the sloppy paint apps, but this guy looks really nice next to the Kotobukyia and the Mafex figures.

So, cricket sounds in the Predator thread yesterday, will the Alien thread be the same

EdskK33XgAMNpMH.jpg
EdskK32X0AA6QDH.jpg
EdskK33XoAEc7p5.jpg

Can't wait for these.

I'm not expecting any totally new reveals for Alien today. I think we've seen everything for the 40th anniversary and I don't think they'll reveal any plans beyond this year yet. I'd be nice to get confirmation they're making Drake (movie version) with a teaser image or something but I don't see that happening.

I was hoping they would be in the clamshell packing like all other "past" ALIEN figures. Oh well lesson learned figures are to open and play with.

So, cricket sounds in the Predator thread yesterday, will the Alien thread be the same

Probably, since the 'reveals' for Alien appear to be on the same trajectory as the 'reveals' for Predator, with nothing much beyond what we already know about. Unless... today is the day they confirm the corridor diorama? An egg set could be a possibility, and while less exciting than a full diorama, it would at least show something new. And then we could all complain about there being too many open eggs relative to the number of closed eggs that we all would prefer :lol

To be fair the predator news was pretty lackluster.

I am looking forward to Brett and Parker. However, I've yet to find the target exclusive Ripley. I've been checking for 4 weeks now, and today there was finally a restock but no alien 40th figures. Plus I still have yet to find a good ultimate big chap.

Back