NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s a Takeya inspired alien. In don?t own one, but they?re pretty small and not terribly accurate to Giger?s sculpt. Very nice though.
If you?re looking for accuracy, it?s either the Mafex or the NECA, with the former being more accurate.
As for 1/6, there?s really only the HT, but it?s not very accurate either, and the Medicom, but it?s not quite 1/6 scale.

Final product shots of the new 40th wave are out.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/06/18/neca-alien-40th-anniversary-series-1-figures-toyark-photo-shoot-391098

I’m really not liking the new Ripley head.

Alien-40th-Series-1-Figures-054.jpg

That?s a Takeya inspired alien. In don?t own one, but they?re pretty small and not terribly accurate to Giger?s sculpt. Very nice though.
If you?re looking for accuracy, it?s either the Mafex or the NECA, with the former being more accurate.
As for 1/6, there?s really only the HT, but it?s not very accurate either, and the Medicom, but it?s not quite 1/6 scale.

I had this figure and yes it's small. Wasn't happy with the scale size.

My replacement Ultimate big chap turned up today. And this time was a complete QC disaster. Misaligned jaw, left tube on the jaw snapped in the box as it was way too short, left hip joint exposed, really loose left leg, loose left arm, stuck right arm, loose waist, misaligned dome and a really crappy paint job with thick paint on the head where it should have been light air brushing.

So back in the box it went and a return request sent to Amazon. I feel for the seller as well as I had waited until he had them back in stock before ordering a replacement.

Last edited:
Holy Christ. I love NECA but boy it can be an absolute crapshoot with their Aliens.

To be fair I've had very few problems with their other figures, but the Aliens are atrocious for some reason. I guess it's the thin, skeletal design, and the way they jam the feckers into the packaging.

Damn, you really can't catch a break with NEC's aliens, huh?
I've never had a figure with such bad QC issues, I guess I'm really lucky.

Yeah it's a bummer man, but at least my MAFEX is perfect and I'm lucky to own a Kenner with all original parts complete with box and poster. Always look on the bright side :)

Reaching out to the UK collectors on here - any recommendations on where I can pre-order a single Brett? I usually use Comics & Cocktails (I've already ordered Parker from them) but they're sold out on Brett. As far as I can see the remaining usual UK suppliers are only offering the 3-pack as a fixed bundle. The only other UK place I can currently offering Brett on his own is a site called Figureland, who I've never even heard of before. Anyone know they're OK, or have any other recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

Back