NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I also still display the AvP round floor piece and the fossilized sacrificial facehugger victim set-piece...

Hehe, I did the same when I sold my AVP grid and warrior as well as the base from scar pred. Great decor pieces. A friend of mine has 5 or 6 of those sacrificial chamber victims and I'm a little jelly. I didn't keep anything from the MM5 box set. The eggs were way too small. Cool idea back then tho.

Did you guys see the awful Aliens figures Walmart has clogging their shelves? Ooof...thank god for NECA.

I think the Lanard toys are fun for what they are. They're low price and meant for kids to bang around. Not for me personally, though.

That line feels like it's explicitly aimed at fathers age 30 and above to buy - not for themselves (surely) - but for their kids, to indoctrinate them into Alien fandom. I doubt kids, already turning away from traditional toys in favour of video games and phones, would be interested in these off their own bat.

That line feels like it's explicitly aimed at fathers age 30 and above to buy - not for themselves (surely) - but for their kids, to indoctrinate them into Alien fandom. I doubt kids, already turning away from traditional toys in favour of video games and phones, would be interested in these off their own bat.

Exactly. Lighten up fellas. Sometimes toys are actually meant for kids. We are living in a golden age of fandom where products are not only being made but are established and varied enough to have representation in mainstream staples like WalMart helping to indoctrinating the next generation of fans.

I am far more vexed by the entire super7 line. The intentional half-assery as an emotional play targeting grown men's nostalgia just feels 'off' to me. Again I am glad they are making them as it is a sign the fandom is strong and interest in new product is high, but I just have no interest. Gotta draw the line at "nostalgia for nostalgia's sake" with the intentionally cheesy and poor designs.

Exactly. Lighten up fellas. Sometimes toys are actually meant for kids.
not Neca. these are for serious people.
whoever manages not to break a Neca figure can easily be an expensive dentist or neurosurgeon.

Figures from Alien just aren't at all exiting to me. So is it safe to say they've given up on Aliens? I thought we'd at least see another marine by now.

No way they've given up on Aliens. I assume Drake is still coming unless things went wrong behind the scenes with Mark Rolston that we haven't heard about. They're just operating on a cycle with the Alien franchise. They've probably done all they're going to do with Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection so I'm ruling them out in future. That leaves Alien, Aliens, AvP movies, Kenner tribute line and videogames. We're on Alien (40th ann) and Kenner tributes (Rhino and Drake) at the moment. They'll get back around to Aliens at some point. Assuming Covid19 doesn't ruin everything.

So my ultimate 40th anniversary Big Chap is sitting pretty in my Loot Crate at BBTS... I don?t know if I?ll have the patience to wait...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

So is mine. I got an email saying something else was due in so I'm waiting on that.

Also considering getting the 1/4 scale one afterall, I see it's in stock in a local online store, tempted.

I'm having no luck with with the ultimate big chap. I found 3 at Walmart today. One had really sloppy brown paint all over the torso, one had a really messed up dome, and the third looked ok until I got it home.

As soon as I got it out of the box I knew it had to go back. The dome on the side you can't see in the box was warped really badly. The inner jaw was a mess, the "face" of the dome had visible glue and had this very obvious spot in the middle where you could see right through and see the hole where the dome is glued into place. It looked awful, and was never going to photograph right. Even the base for the egg had pink paint that was chipped off. On top of all that, almost all the joints were all absurdly stiff or frozen solid. If the other QC issues hadn't been there I would have dealt with the joints with a hairdryer.

I've never had so many issues before with trying to find a standard Neca figure with normal quality control. I'm trying to be patient, hoping that one day I'll come across the right one, but so far I feel like I may never have a '79 alien in the collection. I may wind up having the full nostromo crew with no monster at this point.

I used to have so much better luck when it came to Neca figures and QC.

Back