NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the forthcoming figures I can't wait, Parker and Brett are a dream come true, but we need Dallas, Lambert and Kane in their crew gear too.
We also need Apone, Crowe, Dietrich, Spunkmeyer, Wierzbowski, Ferro and Drake...

Been seeing a lot of reviews of the "ultimate" Big Chap, pretty hit and miss in the paint apps department, but otherwise no big QC issues.
I'm cautiously optimistic with this one...

Been seeing a lot of reviews of the "ultimate" Big Chap, pretty hit and miss in the paint apps department, but otherwise no big QC issues.

I too share your optimism. Looking forward to getting this.

Back in high school, I got into a nerd fight with a classmate over the term "chestburster." He said, "it came out of the guy's stomach!" I said, "then why do they call it a chestburster??" I also pointed out the broken ribs of the Space Jockey (back then, though, I don't think it had a name).

"Well, it looked like his stomach."

What's the difference between this new version and all of the other NECA versions I've bought? Wondering if it's worth it to look out for one.

Yeah, there's quite a few upgrades in the engineering of the joints: there's no bicep-swivel anymore, replaced by swivel at the (newly) double jointed elbows, the articulation at the waist has been improved, the joints at the hip seem to have been retooled (the earlier version had the right hip sticking out more than the left hip, giving the alien oddly wide hips), the knees have a newly tooled articulation that allows for swivel as well as the double joint that was present in the earlier version, and the articulation at the ankles seems to have been improved too.
The "face" seems slightly different, with the same lowered upper lip as the earlier version (different from the prototype translucent version that has bared teeth), but larger/more prominent teeth.
And, of course, the new paint apps, especially the fully transparent dome with blackened front and back.

So, overall, it seems to be a decent upgrade.
I'm not a fan of the overly blackened front of the dome and the large teeth, but I hope my LHS gets this.

20200330_115710.jpg
20200330_115808.jpg
20200330_115152.jpg
20200330_115417.jpg

There are really some small sculpt differences
The cheeks
The chin
the lips
the dome edge on on the lips (this could be a quality issue )
The bright tongue is more movie accurate but looks a little to off
They have should make it slimy a little transluzent, shiny
in that way they made the incredible newborn skin
48773663348_975322db40_b.jpg

Nice pics!
That's the 1/4 scale, right?
It seems to me the lips/cheeks are the same, just painted.
Your earlier version seems to have a QC issue, with the lower jaw jutting out like that. But you got lucky with the new one, the paint apps at front of the dome look great!
Funnily enough, the misaligned dome on your early version looks more accurate that way... in every picture I've seen, the dome always covers the tubing on top of the upper lip.

Nice pics!
That's the 1/4 scale, right?
It seems to me the lips/cheeks are the same, just painted.
Your earlier version seems to have a QC issue, with the lower jaw jutting out like that. But you got lucky with the new one, the paint apps at front of the dome look great!
Funnily enough, the misaligned dome on your early version looks more accurate that way... in every picture I've seen, the dome always covers the tubing on top of the upper lip.

Yes its the 1/4
Forget what i have written before. Its just repaint.
I just checked my figures with my own eyes again instead of this poor quality handy photos of mine.
So no resculpt here. Yes i love the new reapint. Thx.
xmY3Jlg.jpg
Yes the tip overlaps the tubing is for me the movie accurate This little bastard from ArtFX is for the most movie accurate version of big chap in my collection.

P1000458.jpg
P1000475.jpg
P1000447.jpg

Its just i love the scale 1/4 and i think neca is better then Hot Toys. They look just hilarious in my opinion
maxresdefault.jpg
I only love the flexible material for the mouth they have used.

To movie big chap itself
I guess it has got its look from limited techniques these days. All the materials they have to use. the heavy mechanics with water pumps
and condoms as lip strings to pull them. I guess today giger would have build his alien differently.

I agree about the ArtFX, that little statue is a true gem. I still like my Neca 1/4. Although, I need to work out how to do a chain dio. Maybe somewhere in the hardware store at work. No room at home.

The Hot Toys figure was laughably bad from day one. It helped with my decision to abandon their line and just stick with NECA. That said the '79 Alien is consistently NECA's weakpoint - better than Hot Toys by a mile but never as good as their own other sculpts. IMO they need to ditch the opening jaw feature and sculpt individual separate heads for the ''Big Chap''.

I only want the Ultimate figure for the egg, facehugger and chestburster. The Alien looks OK but not much of a noticeable improvement on the last couple of releases. Just going on pics, I don't have it yet.

I don't own any high-end statues, but other than the Mamegyorai piece, I think this is the best sculpt out there... (meaning the ArtFX)

I think the Art FX is a fantastic piece, but in terms of accuracy the MAFEX is the most erm... accurate. The head, dome and body shape are a little off on the Art FX. Apparently they were both done by the same artist a certain Mr Fumoto I think? If you had the paint job of the Art FX on the MAFEX and the dome on the Rambaldi head fit properly you'd have the ultimate A L I E N figure.

Back