NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he's the one who should worry about whether or not he seems professional. It ought to not to have much bearing on you guys and your collecting - unless you feel so strongly about it that you boycott NECA products. However, since I know I'm not gonna do that I like getting regular news.

If anything I've come closer to a boycott of Hot Toys on account of their silence and shameless prickteasing with no payoff time and again.

Well he's the one who should worry about whether or not he seems professional. It ought to not to have much bearing on you guys and your collecting - unless you feel so strongly about it that you boycott NECA products. However, since I know I'm not gonna do that I like getting regular news.

If Bret and Parker turn out near perfect, I'll get them, but I stopped buying their stuff for the most part because I've been burned by their QC and the guy was an ***hole to my wife.

It seems like Randy isn't interested in answering legitimate questions either. I've asked several, and have never gotten a single reply, but I've seen him reply to the same questions a million times over.

Last question I asked was why they decided to start making the wrists of figures hinged instead of ball jointed? I was genuinely curious, because, not only does it seem like a step backward in terms of range of movement in the wrists, but it also seems like it would be more work to manufacture. Especially on predators that already recycle hands anyway. Why go through the trouble to retool the same hand sculpts to be hinged, when the molds for the ball jointed style were already made, and required less plastic and tooling while also providing superior articulation?

Seems like the only "improvements" NECA make are regressions. As we're all aware, those "improved" hip joints did nothing except make the hips loose and one leg longer than the other on every figure.

I might dispute that about the wrists actually. Hinges allow the hands to move to right angle positions from the wrist and the hands can be rotated 360. With ball-joints you can certainly rotate the hands but on many figures you won't get that 90 degree pivot and if you try the hand will just pop off or it's blocked by a jacket sleeve or something. So I wouldn't say hinge wrists are necessarily worse.

Hip articulation is great to have but yeah, I don't understand why it can't be done without bringing this lopsidedness to the stance and why they haven't fixed it yet. It's rather infuriating. For me articulation is as much about being able to have a straight-forward museum pose as being able to do dynamic stuff and when the figure has one leg longer than the other you're forced to go with a statue of David-type pose to disguise it.

That's where I can see Randy really pissing me off - I feel like he would deny it or otherwise (continue to) ignore it.

Last edited:
If Bret and Parker turn out near perfect, I'll get them, but I stopped buying their stuff for the most part because I've been burned by their QC and the guy was an ***hole to my wife.

IF they ever release the damn things, I've not seen anything official on any pre-order or release date for Parker/Brett. I'm glad I'm not a completist, which is the type of buyer NECA seems to want, as their lack of info at times would really piss me off with things they say they are going to make. I guess he's taking cues from Hot Toys.....

Parker and Brett will come. I feel 100% of that. But they will be a testbed for future figures. Please, everyone, buy them. They MUST be successful. Then we will probably get the entire crew of the Nostromo. Imagine it. No one else is gonna do it. No one else will complete the cast. NECA might, if we support it.

Last edited:
The more I hear about this guy, the more it seems like he's on a bit of a power trip and should have someone else engaging customers on social media.

I can understand people being blocked if they are trolling - but asking respectful questions shouldn't get you banned.
I think he tackles so much negativity on social media that he doesn?t differentiate anymore between trolling and constructive criticism. I don?t think I would be able to do it. Too much too fast.

Several times I tried to message him that fans backlash is not a bad thing. People are passionate about Neca products and they want company to do better. It would be so much worse if Neca products were met with indifference.

Parker and Brett will come. I feel 100% of that. But they will be a testbed for future figures. Please, everyone, buy them. They MUST be successful. Then we will probably get the entire crew of the Nostromo. Imagine it. No one else is gonna do it. No one else will complete the cast. NECA might, if we support it.
Neca doesn't want me to support it, it doesn't consider my countrymen human beings and doesn't sell to them. though i often agree with Neca in theory, i still cannot support Neca by buying from it.

Neca doesn't want me to support it, it doesn't consider my countrymen human beings and doesn't sell to them. though i often agree with Neca in theory, i still cannot support Neca by buying from it.
Where are you from again?

Where are you from again?

2015-06-09_18-57-15__32da9f84-0ec0-11e5-8e5c-448a5b8480a3.jpg

Hon, I was born in Russia, enough with inferiority complex. Neca doesn?t sell directly to Russia because they don?t currently have a) local wholesale distribution partner (we can ask for this) b) their eBay store sells only to American customers

Neca doesn?t sell directly to Russia because they don?t currently have a) local wholesale distribution partner (we can ask for this)
so you mean i actually don't have my 1/4 TMNT purchased directly from Neca a few years ago, without any "local wholesale distribution partner", and they didn't stop selling here one day, riiiight.

b) their eBay store sells only to American customers
so how is a-dev going to support them by purchashing if there is no way to purchase if you're not a Necamerian customer?

NECA 1/4 scale 40th anniversary Alien review

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

NECA have managed to outdo themselves by producing hands down their worst quality figure yet. The sculpt is amazing as it was in 2016, however the plastic used is the cheapest quality I've ever seen. It feels like a ?25.00 figure you'd get from Jakk's, not an ?150.00 supposedly ultimate edition. It really is appalling. The assembly is awful, there's gouges in the plastic, scratches all over the dome on the head, the Ox jaw on the right foot is bent to the left, there's a massive gap in the cut joint of the right arm, the waist joint is incredibly loose, the lower torso rubber is trapped under the left leg as the leg isn't fitted properly, there's no rotation in the legs either anymore and to cap it all off the paint is terrible and sloppily applied. I'm flabbergasted that NECA thinks that this quality at this price point is acceptable, they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is going back and I'm not even going to attempt to get a replacement, it's that bad.

The more I hear about this guy, the more it seems like he's on a bit of a power trip and should have someone else engaging customers on social media.

I can understand people being blocked if they are trolling - but asking respectful questions shouldn't get you banned.

I think he tackles so much negativity on social media that he doesn't differentiate anymore between trolling and constructive criticism. I don't think I would be able to do it. Too much too fast.

Several times I tried to message him that fans backlash is not a bad thing. People are passionate about Neca products and they want company to do better. It would be so much worse if NECA products were met with indifference.

You may be right.

But then that's why he should back away and let others handle social media for the company. A team of people would certainly result in less burnout and better handling of customers.

If he's not prepared to do that - it backs up my original observation - he's on a power trip.

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

NECA have managed to outdo themselves by producing hands down their worst quality figure yet. The sculpt is amazing as it was in 2016, however the plastic used is the cheapest quality I've ever seen. It feels like a ?25.00 figure you'd get from Jakk's, not an ?150.00 supposedly ultimate edition. It really is appalling. The assembly is awful, there's gouges in the plastic, scratches all over the dome on the head, the Ox jaw on the right foot is bent to the left, there's a massive gap in the cut joint of the right arm, the waist joint is incredibly loose, the lower torso rubber is trapped under the left leg as the leg isn't fitted properly, there's no rotation in the legs either anymore and to cap it all off the paint is terrible and sloppily applied. I'm flabbergasted that NECA thinks that this quality at this price point is acceptable, they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is going back and I'm not even going to attempt to get a replacement, it's that bad.

*Crosses it off the want list*

Thanks for the headsup. Damn shame.

*Crosses it off the want list*

Thanks for the headsup. Damn shame.

I'm gutted mate. I've just discovered that one leg is shorter than the other too. If it was 40 quid I'd probably think ahh well it's NECA and try and fix it, but for 150 quid I expect it to be damn near perfect. It's 50% more expensive than the 2016 release and the QC is much worse.

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

Wow, that sounds bad. The few video reviews on youtube had me thinking it might be safe to buy, at least based on the reviewers' first impressions. But now I think I've pretty much lost interest aside from a good sale.

Back