NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA 1/4 scale 40th anniversary Alien review

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

NECA have managed to outdo themselves by producing hands down their worst quality figure yet. The sculpt is amazing as it was in 2016, however the plastic used is the cheapest quality I've ever seen. It feels like a ?25.00 figure you'd get from Jakk's, not an ?150.00 supposedly ultimate edition. It really is appalling. The assembly is awful, there's gouges in the plastic, scratches all over the dome on the head, the Ox jaw on the right foot is bent to the left, there's a massive gap in the cut joint of the right arm, the waist joint is incredibly loose, the lower torso rubber is trapped under the left leg as the leg isn't fitted properly, there's no rotation in the legs either anymore and to cap it all off the paint is terrible and sloppily applied. I'm flabbergasted that NECA thinks that this quality at this price point is acceptable, they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is going back and I'm not even going to attempt to get a replacement, it's that bad.

Damn dude, that sounds terrible...
Can you post pics?
You should post this in the Facebook groups and tweet NECA about it. It's the only way they'll pay attention.

ELr8QE7XYAIKrvc.jpg

They put ''Big Chap'' on the packaging :slap

It was never called that in the actual movie for good reason. Stupid name.

Damn dude, that sounds terrible...
Can you post pics?
You should post this in the Facebook groups and tweet NECA about it. It's the only way they'll pay attention.

I'll try bud, but I don't have a smart phone and am currently bereft of a PC. I'm using an ancient Kindle fire and an Xbox to get online. I'm also not on Facebook and avoid Twitter like the plague, in fact the only forum I post on is here because I'm a raging Alien addict. I'm staring at the figure now thinking "maybe I can hairdryer the Ox jaw back into shape, maybe if I heat up the joints I can get the legs even, maybe the paint won't look as bad in daylight, the red and white paint on the foot isn't too bad" I'm an abused spouse who just can't let go. The box is freaking awesome though. But a hundred and fifty freaking quid! What makes it worse is that the Ultimate Dog Alien I got recently was perfect and I had hoped NECA had turned a corner on their QC, but no it's still a crapshoot.

468cff2b9889ccbd40b713b5661a3bb7.jpg

Just received a Resurrection Warrior from a seller on eBay, the fingers are popped out of the joint while still in the packaging. I?m currently debating between going through the hassle of sending it back or just opening in the hope it?ll simply pop back into place. Has anyone else had this issue, if so is it easy to fix? Thanks in advance...

468cff2b9889ccbd40b713b5661a3bb7.jpg

Just received a Resurrection Warrior from a seller on eBay, the fingers are popped out of the joint while still in the packaging. I?m currently debating between going through the hassle of sending it back or just opening in the hope it?ll simply pop back into place. Has anyone else had this issue, if so is it easy to fix? Thanks in advance...
Heat it before trying! should be easy.

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

I think he tackles so much negativity on social media that he doesn't differentiate anymore between trolling and constructive criticism.

Negativity? Well, then...

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

NECA have managed to outdo themselves by producing hands down their worst quality figure yet. The sculpt is amazing as it was in 2016, however the plastic used is the cheapest quality I've ever seen. It feels like a ?25.00 figure you'd get from Jakk's, not an ?150.00 supposedly ultimate edition. It really is appalling. The assembly is awful, there's gouges in the plastic, scratches all over the dome on the head, the Ox jaw on the right foot is bent to the left, there's a massive gap in the cut joint of the right arm, the waist joint is incredibly loose, the lower torso rubber is trapped under the left leg as the leg isn't fitted properly, there's no rotation in the legs either anymore and to cap it all off the paint is terrible and sloppily applied. I'm flabbergasted that NECA thinks that this quality at this price point is acceptable, they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is going back and I'm not even going to attempt to get a replacement, it's that bad.

...tough.

OK thanks, I?ll go for it.

Gah - sort of got the hand joint fixed (the socket part wasn?t formed properly but by pushing the heated plastic over the peg it holds in place) but then while trying to articulate the neck back, the head snapped clean off! It turns out the neck hinge disk is completely sealed in place by a lot of paint.
As others have pointed out, the QC on these is very poor. This is the first time I?ve ever had a joint snap on me.

DO NOT BUY THIS FIGURE!

Well this sux. Got one shipping from BBTS. Not even my usual thing but thought it'd be cool to have re classic iconic Alien. I'll check more reviews but if it's *&^% will be going back for store credit. Too bad as the original seems to have had a lot of praise. Hate it when companies pull this *&^% just 'coz they think peeps will take anything. But will look over first.

Well this sux. Got one shipping from BBTS. Not even my usual thing but thought it'd be cool to have re classic iconic Alien. I'll check more reviews but if it's *&^% will be going back for store credit. Too bad as the original seems to have had a lot of praise. Hate it when companies pull this *&^% just 'coz they think peeps will take anything. But will look over first.

Don't panic mate, you may get a good one. The main issue you can't get away from is the plastic used is low quality. The legs are hollow and the upper body very heavy compared to the legs, so a stand is a must. They've used that funky clear plastic that has a purple tint in certain light for the dome and lower jaw, hence the painted lips. The sculpt is amazing so if you get one with decent paint, no warping and no scratches on the dome you may be pleasantly surprised. Being the colossal twat that I am, I actually kept mine. I spent hours on Sunday trying to De-warp the Ox jaw with a hairdryer. Every time I think I've got it sorted it curls round again. Lord knows how they managed to get it in that state in the first place, it boggles the mind. Why did I keep it? I have some deranged form of Stockholm Syndrome. Besides that Amazon no longer pick up returns and I couldn't be arsed trying to return it. I'm actually pretty pissed of with myself right now. The box is hella cool though!

Too true mi Amigo! I'm just heating with a hairdryer and holding. Which is maybe why the plastics warping back? Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Too true mi Amigo! I'm just heating with a hairdryer and holding. Which is maybe why the plastics warping back? Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Yeah - the sudden shift from hot to cold "shocks" the plastic into a fixed position - hold it in the correct position before running under the cold water - but careful not to burn yourself. I often use tweezers to avoid burns.

It can still sometimes take 2-3 attempts to get perfect - but it will work eventually.

Let us know how it goes.

Gah - sort of got the hand joint fixed (the socket part wasn?t formed properly but by pushing the heated plastic over the peg it holds in place) but then while trying to articulate the neck back, the head snapped clean off! It turns out the neck hinge disk is completely sealed in place by a lot of paint.
As others have pointed out, the QC on these is very poor. This is the first time I?ve ever had a joint snap on me.
sorry to hear that mate. was sweating when I started reading you and though it was the hand the one that snapped. [emoji28] Neca shame on you for the poor qc!!!

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Thanks. The peg that snapped is pretty substantial so I'm thinking I can drill a very small hole on both sides and insert a pin before glueing in place. As long as I can free off the joint of the extra paint (and don't use too much glue) I should be able to recover the range of motion. I like a challenge [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Dammit. I'm so weak.
I ended up ordering both 40th Anniversary aliens at my LHS...
Well, at least this way I get to inspect them and see if they are halfway decent, instead of just some blind purchase of internet.

Dammit. I'm so weak.
I ended up ordering both 40th Anniversary aliens at my LHS...
Well, at least this way I get to inspect them and see if they are halfway decent, instead of just some blind purchase of internet.

We're all weak, I too will be buying the ultimate Alien. Sadly I will be blind buying off the internet though.

Back