NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess Neca found something they can do worse than terminators.
plus only kittens and a few specific breeds have blue eyes.

Yet still better than Hot Toys effort.

Ultimate Ripley from Alien?

Probably. I remember someone asking if they should overpay on ebay for the previous release of Ripley and he said nope, wait for the 40th anniversary line.

Maybe Ripley is being released in 1/4 scale - although if that's the case I reckon it'll be the first and last one. I can see a Nostromo Ripley being a slow seller at that size. An Aliens version would probably do better because of the guns. Also not sure how the headsculpt would look upscaled, it's not NECA's finest likeness.

^perhaps more probable - not sure there's a big enough difference in size between the cats for one to be 1/4 and the other to be 1/10

See personally I'm wary of criticizing how Randy conducts himself on twitter because the alternative is Howard Chan's way of doing things - total silence/zero communication. The rare interview Chan does give can be assumed to be 90% bull***t unless he's talking about Marvel. Hot Toys announces stuff, gets their customers excited, and then just changes their mind and cancels without any word of explanation. They're an @sshole company, frankly. NECA usually (always?) comes through and if they don't you'll at least get some information as to why.

See personally I'm wary of criticizing how Randy conducts himself on twitter because the alternative is Howard Chan's way of doing things - total silence/zero communication. The rare interview Chan does give can be assumed to be 90% bull***t unless he's talking about Marvel. Hot Toys announces stuff, gets their customers excited, and then just changes their mind and cancels without any word of explanation. They're an @sshole company, frankly. NECA usually (always?) comes through and if they don't you'll at least get some information as to why.

Plus they?re in NJ a hop skip and a jump for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet still better than Hot Toys effort.

Probably. I remember someone asking if they should overpay on ebay for the previous release of Ripley and he said nope, wait for the 40th anniversary line.

They're quickly running out of time for anything from their '40th Anniversary line' to actually be released in the 40th anniversary year, unless they mean, 40th anniversary of Aliens.... :D

I just want Parker and Brett dammit....

I've just ordered the 1/4 scale anniversary Alien from Amazon. He should be here in a couple of days. Hopefully this will be as good as the ultimate dog Alien. NECA don't fail me! :pray:

Randy blocked me on twitter for bugging him about the Greta Gremlin they showed off at Comic Con in 2015 and 2016. That's fine. He didn't want to keep seeing that. Okay. He ALSO blocked my wife (an even bigger Terminator fan that I am) for asking why they weren't fixing the placement of the "torso" on the diecast HK tank prototype while they were promising to correct the position of the head and gun turrets but only after responding to her with something like "Know it all fans don't know ****!" I don't like Hot Toys general lack of communication, but I prefer silence over belligerence.

Randy blocked me on twitter for bugging him about the Greta Gremlin they showed off at Comic Con in 2015 and 2016. That's fine. He didn't want to keep seeing that. Okay. He ALSO blocked my wife (an even bigger Terminator fan that I am) for asking why they weren't fixing the placement of the "torso" on the diecast HK tank prototype while they were promising to correct the position of the head and gun turrets but only after responding to her with something like "Know it all fans don't know ****!" I don't like Hot Toys general lack of communication, but I prefer silence over belligerence.

The more I hear about this guy, the more it seems like he's on a bit of a power trip and should have someone else engaging customers on social media.

I can understand people being blocked if they are trolling - but asking respectful questions shouldn't get you banned.

Sounds like I'd get banned if I joined and tried to bring this to his attention

d7cee95a-neca-toys-predator-series-18-70.jpg

Back