NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool Nostromo crew! Obviously I'd buy the whole set if NECA made them.

On a different topic, I have a tiny order of just 4 Dutch figures (Predator) coming in from BBTS which looks like it was held up in customs. If I now have to pay customs fees on just 4 small NECA figures then I'm afraid this spells doom for my ongoing relationship with that store. I'll probably end up cancelling everything except the HIYA toys APC.

Pretty cool Nostromo crew! Obviously I'd buy the whole set if NECA made them.

On a different topic, I have a tiny order of just 4 Dutch figures (Predator) coming in from BBTS which looks like it was held up in customs. If I now have to pay customs fees on just 4 small NECA figures then I'm afraid this spells doom for my ongoing relationship with that store. I'll probably end up cancelling everything except the HIYA toys APC.

That stinks. It would be nice if BBTS provided more information about how the international shipments are processed and the customs valuations are calculated so that people would have a better idea of the total cost before placing an order.

That stinks. It would be nice if BBTS provided more information about how the international shipments are processed and the customs valuations are calculated so that people would have a better idea of the total cost before placing an order.

I've emailed them about it recently after I got hit with customs on 2 orders unexpectedly - I thought I had a case because they're declaring ''up to $200'' insurance value by default even when the actual value isn't hugely above $100 - but they said there's nothing they can do. Something has definitely changed though. Not so long ago all these orders would have gotten through just fine, no extra charge.

I haven't got the Dutch figures yet so I'll find out tomorrow if I've been hit again. Tracking says they are in customs though so in all likelihood I'm going to be paying an extra 25 euro or something. Just 4 damn figures. If this proves to be the case there's no longer any point in me ordering from BBTS. Might aswell go straight to the NECA ebaystore for just about everything.

My Neca custom with the real thing.

IMG_5874.jpg

Received the holiest of the holy grail of my Alien memorabilia.

IMG_5870.jpgIMG_5873.jpgIMG_5850.jpgIMG_5856.jpgIMG_5842.jpgIMG_5838.jpgIMG_5858.jpgIMG_5840.jpgIMG_5865.jpg

Going to be a challenge reworking the TV room to incorporate this amazing piece among my Sideshow, HotToys and Neca pieces. Hope to get him laser scanned and eventually create a version for myself then sell or perhaps donate to Paul Allens EMP SciFi show or Bob Burns in LA. Just preserving him is my main goal now.

wow, that's disgusting and wonderfully detailed.
one of the saddest scenes in the movie.

Dang! That's a piece of history right there alright! And you couldn't get better reference for your Neca custom. Nice!

Hope no officials opened the box at any point, haha. They'd of got a shock!

Well, i just saw tweets from Mark Rolston and Neca and apparently they have been or will be discussing a possible Drake figure. Randy posted it on the neca twitter feed so that's a great sign!

Also, check out Mark's twitter page, there's several posts about a drake figure and some odd tweets too that i don't quite understand.

Well, i just saw tweets from Mark Rolston and Neca and apparently they have been or will be discussing a possible Drake figure. Randy posted it on the neca twitter feed so that's a great sign!

Also, check out Mark's twitter page, there's several posts about a drake figure and some odd tweets too that i don't quite understand.

:yess::yess::yess:

I'm only surprised that it seems there hadn't yet been any prior contact and negotiations. I mean we all kinda thought Drake would be at SDCC. In any case it looks like something is happening now and that's great.

:yess::yess::yess:

I'm only surprised that it seems there hadn't yet been any prior contact and negotiations. I mean we all kinda thought Drake would be at SDCC. In any case it looks like something is happening now and that's great.

That surprises me too, thinking some of the tooling cost for Vas was justified by a Drake coming out - in Neca's eyes. I could be wrong but wasn't it implied previously that Neca tried to get Mark's likeness rights but could not? This sure sounds like Mark has been making all the effort to get Drake made, not neca. Either way as long as it works out is all that matters to me.

He just joined Twitter and hasn't figured out how to directly message yet. Basically said he looks forward to working with NECA on a Drake figure.

:lol

Job done man. Next can you please get hard at work on Gorman and Dietrich to try and expedite NECA on those two.

By the way thanks for the PMs about options for legs & shoes for Jungle Briefing Dutch. I haven't acted on that yet. I really would like the legs to have articulation consistent with the other figures so the Terminator Genisys figure might be a good one, with the pockets sanded down as you suggested. That sounds doable to me. Also with that you get the right build for Arnie's legs.

:lol

Job done man. Next can you please get hard at work on Gorman and Dietrich to try and expedite NECA on those two.

By the way thanks for the PMs about options for legs & shoes for Jungle Briefing Dutch. I haven't acted on that yet. I really would like the legs to have articulation consistent with the other figures so the Terminator Genisys figure might be a good one, with the pockets sanded down as you suggested. That sounds doable to me. Also with that you get the right build for Arnie's legs.

I can say first hand that my main man Scott (memyselfi) is one of the best if not the best fellow freaks on here. He has helped me out so much i will forever be in his debt:).

Finally found Lambert this morning, TRU only had one on the shelf. Thankfully her paintjob is good, not much to have to clean up. Happy to report that the quality is overall excellent on this release.

NECA Lambert by scarrviper, on Flickr

Why must she be so ****ing expensive. And that damn Space Jockey with its extortionate shipping cost. Unless I'm willing to be wholly ripped off I'm just not gonna have a complete NECA Alien (1979) collection.

Back