NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Aliens creature pack yesterday and while everything looks good the stasis tubes are way too big and the 3 metal rods on the outside of the tank are a bit of a pain. I'm glad we got them but they aren't knocking my socks off either. The chestbursters are cool and we've all seen the facehuggers before. If the tanks would have at least have been in scale I would love them.
...but then they probably wouldn't have the light up feature. They look very nice, but the size is putting off. I'm still debating if I should get them

Sent from my Moto E

No, they were loose too. I broke down and bought a Dog Alien awhile back and just opened it up a day ago. It's head flops around like a dead fish and it's left leg is so loose, it really does need that stand. NECA, you got me again. :rolleyes2

Tell me about it:slap My 'Grey variant' arrived with a crack on the front left side of the dome! I didn't even bother with opening the packaging.Time to waste more money sending it back:gah:

...but then they probably wouldn't have the light up feature. They look very nice, but the size is putting off. I'm still debating if I should get them

Sent from my Moto E

That could be the case but it's more the overall height of the tubes that bothers me. I'm tempted to cut the tube down but then I'd have to adjust the 3 metal rods as well so I doubt I'll do anything with it. Somebody asked if they could be used with the 1/6 scale and I would say height wise they are probably close to 1/6 scale but the tube may not quite be wide enough to fit a 1/6 facehugger in unless you squeeze it together. Not sure though since I didn't have a 1/6 fh to try that with.

Last edited:
That could be the case but it's more the overall height of the tubes that bothers me. I'm tempted to cut the tube down but then I'd have to adjust the 3 metal rods as well so I doubt I'll do anything with it. Somebody asked if they could be used with the 1/6 scale and I would say height wise they are probably close to 1/6 scale but the tube may not quite be wide enough to fit a 1/6 facehugger in unless you squeeze it together. Not sure though since I didn't have a 1/6 fh to try that with.

I'll document the 1/6th aspect thoroughly and post results. I even have the ~1/6th huggers ready to roll to swap out.

What is the deal with people having these already, btw? NECA's shipping calanders says we are 3 weeks away from them being rolled out, let alone having them in hand. I guess that is just for U.S. stores? The asian market has them already?

I'll document the 1/6th aspect thoroughly and post results. I even have the ~1/6th huggers ready to roll to swap out.

What is the deal with people having these already, btw? NECA's shipping calanders says we are 3 weeks away from them being rolled out, let alone having them in hand. I guess that is just for U.S. stores? The asian market has them already?

NECA got some in last week early and they sold out on their E Bay site I think in a day or two. I think they are still a couple weeks away from retail.

... speaking of loose joints, does anyone how to fix that problem without using the super glue trick? the knees on my AVP can't hold a crouching pose and the head of one of them can't look up

Sent from my Moto E
I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard good things about using Pledge Future Floor Finish to tighten up a joint. Apply a layer to the ball/pin of the joint, let it dry overnight, then pop it back in. If it's still loose, add another layer.

I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard good things about using Pledge Future Floor Finish to tighten up a joint. Apply a layer to the ball/pin of the joint, let it dry overnight, then pop it back in. If it's still loose, add another layer.

I was just about to suggest Pledge Future Floor Finish, it works great and one bottle will last you forever.

Just got my creature pack in and it's pretty cool. The statis tube are kind of fragile but overall are cool. If you collect alien stuff it's worth it but if you don't you could pass. Here's a quick pic.
uploadfromtaptalk1467911539740.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Not bad. Glad they applied some paint themselves, rather than casting in glow-in-the-dark plastic and calling it good.

I wasn't a fan of the glow alien as I thought was too gimmicky. Then someone pointed out it was actually a "predator vision" alien. Not sure it makes me want to own it or anything, but I guess if that is how they looked on film, then who am I to criticize?

...most likely not getting this because I already have my custom battle damaged Grid (translucent dome looks better anyway), but this looks cool :D

Cm2EBjwWgAAcNaF.jpg

Cm2EClyWAAA87Fz.jpg

For UK / Buyers Info: just got Aliens Series 8 cases in-stock: especially for sealed collectors

1: Clamshell packaging broken on corners of 8 / 14 pieces (might be a universal issue, clamshell packaging has lowered in quality over the past few waves). Be aware of this as sellers tend not tell you clamshell is broken! So if you are an in box collector ask / check first!

2: Grey Dog Alien is the worst excuse of a re-release ever! it's bad enough they are re-releasing the original brown one in this wave but to make matters worse you can barely tell the difference between the two.

The Grey Dog has sloppy paint apps and the Grey dry brushing looks like a mere afterthought. Do not believe the promo pics! does not represent the final figure at all.

Anyone got the Grey and firmly disagree with this?

3: Commando's tend to have a strange circular mark on the clamshell in front of the mouth guard (no idea why) 3 / 4 had this problem. Not a big issue but something to consider looking out for if you're an in-box collector as this might also be universal.

4: The Commando and Ripley look great and are definitely nice additions to this Aliens line

Back