NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to keep complaining about this latest wave (love them just quality wise) but the grey Dog Alien is loose after reposing him once. Like the legs cannot support him even using the stand it comes with, along with the torso and head just flop around. Wish Neca could make the joints more secure. These are such fantastic sculpts and it's just frustrating when the quality is so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know of any third party stands that can hold the queen?

I'm using a Kaiser that's a little bigger than a 1/6 scale stand and put the top of the adjustable silver part under her two smaller arms. It basically just rest on the stand. Maybe not the safest but it works.

Thanks. Well check them out. Need sturdy stand as plastic top on neca stand snapped. Very dissatisfied that for such heavy figure they used plastic clip.

Alien Resurrection wave is to be 3 figures - obviously that's going to be Ripley, Alien Warrior and Newborn. Randy didn't say that but it's pretty safe to assume.

Alien Resurrection wave is to be 3 figures - obviously that's going to be Ripley, Alien Warrior and Newborn. Randy didn't say that but it's pretty safe to assume.

NEWBORN – Hands down one of the BEST designs I have seen in the Alien / Predator universe!! The range of facial expressions they were able to capture in that puppet was amazing! From sad to angry I don’t think we have seen its equal to date!! I know many hate the design but I for one thought it was amazing and highly look forward to seeing this in NECA form!

Wow, Randy retweeted a pic of someone's Stasis tubes with the lights on and, I think, the tubes filled with water. It makes the facehuggers look bigger inside the tubes. Really cool

NEWBORN – Hands down one of the BEST designs I have seen in the Alien / Predator universe!! The range of facial expressions they were able to capture in that puppet was amazing! From sad to angry I don’t think we have seen its equal to date!! I know many hate the design but I for one thought it was amazing and highly look forward to seeing this in NECA form!

Makes me wonder if the Newborn will have alternative headsculpts. Does the design even allow for that without it looking weird with an ugly seam/gap?

Aliens series 8, 1/4 Warrior and Kenner Ripley just started to hit the UK.

Is it true the joints on the dog aliens are a little loose in this series?

...I'd love alternate sad/angry faces but I doubt they are willing to spend even more tooling on him and also it might be complicated designing on what kind of articulation he has for the neck/head. Anyway, they doing it and hopefully a year from now we'll be lucky to finally have a proper figure of him :D

Sent from my Moto E

Wow, Randy retweeted a pic of someone's Stasis tubes with the lights on and, I think, the tubes filled with water. It makes the facehuggers look bigger inside the tubes. Really cool

I saw that. With the water and the light they look a little paler too which is awesome.

Also, if you want to make them look a little dead and rotting, brush a some liquid latex on the Facehuggers and then rub it a bit when it dries to get that skin-peeling look.

I don't think they were as tight as one would like on the original release either.

No, they were loose too. I broke down and bought a Dog Alien awhile back and just opened it up a day ago. It's head flops around like a dead fish and it's left leg is so loose, it really does need that stand. NECA, you got me again. :rolleyes2

... speaking of loose joints, does anyone how to fix that problem without using the super glue trick? the knees on my AVP can't hold a crouching pose and the head of one of them can't look up

Sent from my Moto E

I got the Aliens creature pack yesterday and while everything looks good the stasis tubes are way too big and the 3 metal rods on the outside of the tank are a bit of a pain. I'm glad we got them but they aren't knocking my socks off either. The chestbursters are cool and we've all seen the facehuggers before. If the tanks would have at least have been in scale I would love them.

Back