NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply put, anything and everything from the first 3 movies. I assume they won't complete the Nostromo crew or the entire marine squad or anyone beyond Ripley from 3 but I would buy anyone.

... I'd buy the whole Nostromo crew, most of the Marines, several prisoners and the crew of the Betty + Distephano and the two mad scientists. Yeah, not happening :(

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

And yet we get the Hateful Eight. I don't understand the marketing strategy of this company. Is it a toy company for kids and or adult collectors? We're told "no playability" for some figures while they release a slew of characters from a violent bloody Tarintino film which no child should want. But then again their horror movie villains are best sellers. I just don't get the logic behind their decisions.

Is anyone else gonna buy the Aliens cinemachines? I will be getting all of the Alien and Predator related ones. I used to have all of the old Galoob vehicles from Alien and Predator when I was a kid. I think the NECA ones look really cool and would look neat as display pieces, and for the size and materials used, the price seems really good.

Is anyone else gonna buy the Aliens cinemachines? I will be getting all of the Alien and Predator related ones. I used to have all of the old Galoob vehicles from Alien and Predator when I was a kid. I think the NECA ones look really cool and would look neat as display pieces, and for the size and materials used, the price seems really good.

I have the 1st set ordered but may only get a couple from the 2nd wave from alien/aliens. Looking forward to the apc, dropship & space jockey the most.

Just happy to get any figure from the first 3 movies, every figure I buy from Alien, Aliens or Alien3 is a figure I never thought I'd ever have in my collection, I'd also buy resurrection figures but they would not be high on my list of wants.

And yet we get the Hateful Eight. I don't understand the marketing strategy of this company. Is it a toy company for kids and or adult collectors? We're told "no playability" for some figures while they release a slew of characters from a violent bloody Tarintino film which no child should want. But then again their horror movie villains are best sellers. I just don't get the logic behind their decisions.

...I just don't get the logic of your comment. Horror movies aren't exactly for kids either

...I'll get almost every Cinemachine from Alien, Predator and Terminator. Still wish they find a way to do a Space Jockey in scale with the figures

Simply put, anything and everything from the first 3 movies. I assume they won't complete the Nostromo crew or the entire marine squad or anyone beyond Ripley from 3 but I would buy anyone.

As would I in a heartbeat. Problem is I'm not sure there is enough of us type of collectors to warrant NECA doing a more robust line from the first 3 films at least. Most it seems just stick with getting Ripley herself and then the Aliens.

... I'd buy the whole Nostromo crew, most of the Marines, several prisoners and the crew of the Betty + Distephano and the two mad scientists. Yeah, not happening :(

I wish they would do an online poll on their websites or even on Facebook to gauge what type of characters they should do next from here on out. If enough people want the rest of the Nostromo crew or the Marines or heck even the more prominent prisoners from 3, it could help. They need more solid number I think.

I think NECA try to accommodate all collectors young and old, long may it continue 😊 I'm old and love buying certain movie figures, I've just bought the Bruce Dern Hateful Eight figure, NECA are doing a great job!

Still wish they find a way to do a Space Jockey in scale with the figures

I reckon they've already got one of these built in their studio, seems like it was going to come out in the Prometheus Line:

DSC_0023.JPG

In fact that definitely is a picture of the prometheus jockey chair

18loupxcidbhijpg.jpg

I dont get it either to be honest with how they pick something they deem worthy to pour money into when some else does not. Hateful Eight and Diego Unchained are two examples where I wondered why the heck NECA even bothered since they are such niche films that dont really need toys to begin with, even for adult toy collectors. Why not put that money into gaining more likeness rights and tooling dollars for the more popular lines for Aliens and Predator ?

I reckon they've already got one of these built in their studio, seems like it was going to come out in the Prometheus Line:

View attachment 250181

In fact that definitely is a picture of the prometheus jockey chair

View attachment 250182

If they have indeed already sculpted it and got it ready to go, maybe they are just waiting for the right time to announce it and gauge the reaction ?

...I'll get almost every Cinemachine from Alien, Predator and Terminator. Still wish they find a way to do a Space Jockey in scale with the figures

Me too. I don't care if they do it in foam (like their life-size props), rotocast or whatever to keep the costs down, just getting one in scale with the 7" figures would be amazing.

Back