NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up Ripley and Bishop Series 5 today. Both are average nothing stellar here. Exchange rate is killing the prices. Picked up series 4 for $25 CAN a few month back, now Series 5 are $30 CAN! Still I needed these two for my MOC Neca collection. Glad I own a Aliens Ripley!!! NEXT UP.....Neca AVP

IMG_20150814_205906725.jpgIMG_20150814_205827904.jpg

...my plans for getting only figures from the movies got screwed up when NECA released this beauty. So happy to finally having it in my shelf.

All right guys who have got Series 5 Aliens Ripley, please post pics and opinions please :) ?

Since no-one has posted it yet I found these two Video reviews a couple of days ago, this guy always seems to get them first:

Series 5: Bishop

Series 5: Ripley

Christ that is one ugly ball-joint head on Ripley. That's Hasbro-level awfulness in the execution of that joint, WTF. There's a ****ing chasm between her jaw and her neck. Just look at 3:28 :horror

43ffaec70bcd636e49bc40caa917e4f4.jpg

She does have a large neck gap. But I think she is more accurate than the jumpsuit version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

^ cool Alien 3 diorama

Maybe the joint is just as bad on the '79 Ripley but the longer hair hides it, I'll have a look at that when I go home.

^ cool Alien 3 diorama

Maybe the joint is just as bad on the '79 Ripley but the longer hair hides it, I'll have a look at that when I go home.
The jumpsuit hides it better. But the face sculpt is off and I can't pin it. This new one gets much closer. And thanks I made that diorama very quick with stuff lying about. I have more shots of it I can share. Home depot has all kinds of weird **** you can paint and make look like a futuristic basement. uploadfromtaptalk1439743725295.jpg

Unfortunately we've had earlier Aliens waves with reasonable to good likenesses (Hicks and Hudson/Bishop) but poor quality in mass production and later waves with not so good likenesses (any of the Ripley's IMO) but pretty decent quality compared to the earlier waves.....now if we could just get good likenesses AND quality at the same time.....

Unfortunately we've had earlier Aliens waves with reasonable to good likenesses (Hicks and Hudson/Bishop) but poor quality in mass production and later waves with not so good likenesses (any of the Ripley's IMO) but pretty decent quality compared to the earlier waves.....now if we could just get good likenesses AND quality at the same time.....
I think the 1/4 scale alien will be the top alien figure ever made put of all companies period. If they do what they're planning with the warrior next year we could get the alien 3 creature 1/4 scale. Having those 3 will be the best figures neca will ever make.

Now if we can get an official date for the 1/4 scale release. I am pleased with kane in the 7th scale and the new Ripley aliens. I wish we had a kane and Dallas in their regular clothes. Or even kane in the white medical suit.

Back