NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlier delivery was another reason I went with BBTS despite the customs fees that will get added on.

I don't mind the wait to be fair but I'm looking forward to reading your opinions on her.

They did an excellent job with ED-209 and from what I have seen they did good with the Spider Gremlin so please let the Queen be a hat-trick. :pray:

I have high hopes , all my alien giger style aliens came out good. No wonky joints but no super articulation . My concern is the weight of the queen is going to cause her to fall. Her head is the concern

She comes with a stand so should not be too big of a problem.

Earlier delivery was another reason I went with BBTS despite the customs fees that will get added on.

I worked out estimated cost of £26 total for customs and fees so thats quite a bit. Not sure if I want to pay that much more even thought I been waiting forever for decent size and accurate queen. Plus hassle of returns if its damaged.

Very Minor Nitpick. In regards to recent releases such as ED-209, Spider Gremlin, Trophy Wall and possible Alien Queen. I wish NECA would return to window packaging for their “Deluxe” box sets like years past (ie. Exorcist, Jason vs Freddy, Halloween (night he Came home) etc. I love NECA and I continue to purchase their products “but” I have no desire to open and display the figures anymore. (interest in owning with no interest in opening). Now that I am in my 40’s my displaying habits have changed . I prefer to display 1/6th scale figures one per shelf in my Detolf cabinets. I no longer like the clutter of 7inch figures.

That being said I would still love to own these figures with a window display to see the actual product. I guess why I bringing this up is because these “deluxe” figures are demanding a much higher price point. Gone are the days when box sets cost $30-$40 and you could buy two (one to open one to keep MOC). These prices are high enough to rule out a secondary purchase. It also means digging into my 1/6 Hot Toys/Sideshow funds . So when you can’t see the actual product and you have no intention to open package it becomes hard to drop the funds.

Just some thought on this 4th of July!

ma9nqe.jpg

Where have you seen it for 85 to 90?

I was just basing the price off of what i would retail it for after getting the price from the UK distributor. I always have to factor in all the extra expenses of running a shop onto my prices too. I see FP.com are preselling it at £90+postage

I was just basing the price off of what i would retail it for after getting the price from the UK distributor. I always have to factor in all the extra expenses of running a shop onto my prices too. I see FP.com are preselling it at £90+postage

Ah ok.
I might have to grab her from you if your price beats FP.

Anyone who ordered the alien queen from moviereplicasdirect got their order cancelled?
Nope, like Namkia said, so far so good. Unless I misread their pre-order policy, I don't think anyone who got it for $26.99 has anything to worry about but I guess we'll know for sure at some point between now and October.

Nope, like Namkia said, so far so good. Unless I misread their pre-order policy, I don't think anyone who got it for $26.99 has anything to worry about but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I wouldnt say they (we) have "nothing to worry about". While the pre-order policy didn't state any "easy outs" for them to bail without fear of backlash, it did include several outs which can always be fudged if they really wanted to. I am betting they are just biding their time and weighing the pros and cons while they estimate the financial ramifications of it all. If they decide the backlash of bailing on those pre-orders will be more costly to their rep than selling the figures below cost on the day-1 pre-orders, then we will get them. If they decide they can weasel out of it without too much suffering on their end they surely will try. They may do something in the middle to try to save face but avoid the loss where they do ask for more money, but offer savings another way.

But the figure is a ways off so they have time to evaluate. Who knows? Not me, but there is plenty of time for them to see what they can wiggle out of. Just because we didn't get an immediate cancellation email doesn't mean they aren't evaluating ways to wiggle out of it.

I wouldnt say they (we) have "nothing to worry about". While the pre-order policy didn't state any "easy outs" for them to bail without fear of backlash, it did include several outs which can always be fudged if they really wanted to. I am betting they are just biding their time and weighing the pros and cons while they estimate the financial ramifications of it all. If they decide the backlash of bailing on those pre-orders will be more costly to their rep than selling the figures below cost on the day-1 pre-orders, then we will get them. If they decide they can weasel out of it without too much suffering on their end they surely will try. They may do something in the middle to try to save face but avoid the loss where they do ask for more money, but offer savings another way.

But the figure is a ways off so they have time to evaluate. Who knows? Not me, but there is plenty of time for them to see what they can wiggle out of. Just because we didn't get an immediate cancellation email doesn't mean they aren't evaluating ways to wiggle out of it.

Couldn't agree with you more, I have learned that nothing is final until you actually have said figure in hand, more than likely they will wait until last minute to either honor the pricing or tell us its not going to happen

Wow do u guys really think there going to loss hundreds of dollars . I really think that it's total understandable that they made a mistake and don't want to have there business ruined or someone fired

Wow do u guys really think there going to loss hundreds of dollars . I really think that it's total understandable that they made a mistake and don't want to have there business ruined or someone fired

You make it sound like the 3 of us are getting our pitch-forks and torches ready to go demand our cheap monsters or we burn the place to the ground. One guy asked if all the orders were cancelled right away and 2 guys (self included) said no, the decision will likely not be finalized until much later in the process after weighing options.

If I came across as a guy about to riot if denied, it was not my intent. I agree it was an understandable mistake as other "Ultra Delux" figures NECA had released were in the $30 range. I can understand how someone in a rush to be first on the market could assume the price point incorrectly. That doesn't make everyone who pre-ordered it with the wrong price 'jerks', does it? Actually, wait.... Does it?! :dunno It actually might...

In any case. Im just saying its not crazy to think the decision could swing either way. I still think some face-saving move where they cancel it, but offer a discount and free shipping is coming. Time will tell.

I would say see what happens, if they honour that price, great, but if they don't, it's surely understandable and I don't think you or I, or anybody, should arbitrarily exterminate them. All of us here know that that price was a mistake in the first place.

The bottom line is this queen is going to be an awesome figure (hopefully they work out their QC issues) and it's an instance buy for me regardless of the price point. If the ones that pre ordered it at the $26 cost get it for that price fantastic, if we don't o well we will still walk away with an amazing figure when its all said and done!!! :)

Disappointed that no one recognised the movie quote in my post above. Although, it was an edit, could have been missed.

Anywho, really looking forward to the Queen now that we've seen her. Not sure what I'll do with the McFarlane one once I've got NECA's in hand.

Back