NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping an eye on Entertainment Weekly for the big announcement. Pretty sure that’s where I read it was coming from? Have the hash tag open too… :impatient:

Keeping an eye on Entertainment Weekly for the big announcement. Pretty sure that’s where I read it was coming from? Have the hash tag open too… :impatient:

I'm even tweeting EW to get on it, but I think a bot runs their account.

Yeah but that NECA page I linked said its giving us a clue. Its either a diorama like how NECA made the Predator Trophy or whatever Jonesy the cat is looking at, another alien from 79.

Yeah but that NECA page I linked said its giving us a clue. Its either a diorama like how NECA made the Predator Trophy or whatever Jonesy the cat is looking at, another alien from 79.

I'd be surprised if that's the news a major outlet would carry

I'm even tweeting EW to get on it, but I think a bot runs their account.

Yeah it looks that way all their tweets look similar.

And concerning the dio Neca were tweeting about it last night. Most aren’t fit for retail but they are looking into releasing some I doubt the Alien one is the big news.

Hot off the press wire:

ALIEN 35TH ANNIVERSARY
As part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the ground-breaking movie ALIEN, NECA will release the first-ever action figures of main character Ellen Ripley that feature the likeness and approval of actress Sigourney Weaver, who was nominated for an Oscar® and Golden Globe® for ALIENS in 1987. Initial plans include a figure of Ripley in her Nostromo jumpsuit from the original 1979 film, to be followed later by a Ripley figure based on the 1986 movie ALIENS, directed by James Cameron. Prototypes will debut later this summer at San Diego Comic-Con.

The celebration will continue through the year, with a special 35th Anniversary figure appearing in each series of Alien 7" action figures. Visitors to the booth got a rare peek at Series 3, scheduled for July; Series 4 is slated for autumn.

NECA also revealed a spectacular summer treat for fans: two Deluxe 35th Anniversary releases, both completely in scale with the main action figure line. The massive Alien Queen Ultra Deluxe Boxed Action Figure will arrive in July, shortly before the release of the iconic Power Loader exoskeleton, which is famously used by Lt. Ripley to battle the Alien Queen in one of the most thrilling scenes in the 1987 movie.

Plenty of reuse potential so I hope they milk it to death, great news though and well done NECA

Now get chipping away at Weller!

In Alien series 12, maybe they'll do a Thermal Vision Ripley to get one more use out of the mold! ;-)

:fireworks So now its official! :fireworks

I can see them milking it and I also hope they do! couldn’t have been cheap securing those rights so jumpsuits, space suits, leather jacket from Aliens plus final battle Rip many options. :panic:

Hot off the press wire:

ALIEN 35TH ANNIVERSARY
As part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the ground-breaking movie ALIEN, NECA will release the first-ever action figures of main character Ellen Ripley that feature the likeness and approval of actress Sigourney Weaver, who was nominated for an Oscar® and Golden Globe® for ALIENS in 1987. Initial plans include a figure of Ripley in her Nostromo jumpsuit from the original 1979 film, to be followed later by a Ripley figure based on the 1986 movie ALIENS, directed by James Cameron. Prototypes will debut later this summer at San Diego Comic-Con.

The celebration will continue through the year, with a special 35th Anniversary figure appearing in each series of Alien 7" action figures. Visitors to the booth got a rare peek at Series 3, scheduled for July; Series 4 is slated for autumn.

NECA also revealed a spectacular summer treat for fans: two Deluxe 35th Anniversary releases, both completely in scale with the main action figure line. The massive Alien Queen Ultra Deluxe Boxed Action Figure will arrive in July, shortly before the release of the iconic Power Loader exoskeleton, which is famously used by Lt. Ripley to battle the Alien Queen in one of the most thrilling scenes in the 1987 movie.

Awesome. All of those things are awesome :clap Bit of a shame we don't get to see Ripley this week, but never mind - it's confirmed, and they kick things off with Alien. That's what I wanted to hear.

Back