NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang it! now i have to get the 1/4 superman.you guys are suck!jk yeah its 79.79 free shipping not bad at all.My keaton 1/4 is coming in a few days so they will look great together just like my 7 inch versions

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 144
Just saw that too, I'm glad Neca addressing the problem and letting us know it was factory error. Plus he assured us the new batches are much better quality.

I hear the sound of eBay auctions being altered to claim they are second batch ;)

I assume just having a first batch one is not grounds for replacement - this is gonna be about the breakages.

End of the day, I bet there will still be the same paint issues and occasional incorrectly attached capes in the new batch - all that was tweeted about was injection defects - but if it stops the breakage then that will be a good job done :)

yeah, my supe's left leg broke, but his face had black paint scratches all over, as well as, paint chips and just an overall poor paint job. they may fix the breakage issues, (but doubt it, NECA has a history of breakage across all their lines) but will they paint the figures better if they make them with better plastic :pray:

I've got mine today and it is flawless. I've given it the hot water treatment to free the joints but I'm still nervous about moving it too much. Really the best Reeve likeness I've ever seen. Beats HT IMHO.

A case of wait and see I guess. But nice that they've tweeted that they intend to do better :)

As much as they are willing to make a new batch, I'm about tapped out with this CRS version.

I have enough now and they are fine ( joints wise ) unless they totally impress me with this new batch, better paint, improved details, I'm burnt out with this. I'm happy with mine, besides it's costing me too much trying to find a perfect one. :thud:

Kudos to whoever gets the new batch though:wave

Anyone knows if there is rotation at the knees? The 1/4 scale has it but I'm too scared to try on the 7"

Yeah, rotation in the knees, but not below (boots), only rotation in the feet, so don't try to force movement for fear of snapping. If you don't want another hot water dunk, the hair dryer works just as good. :lecture

If anybody can hook me up with a couple of nice examples of the Reeve shipped to the UK please let me know as you guys are the only hope short of the ebay scalping currently in full swing...

From what I have read it seems to me they may not actually be producing any more Superman figures, but that the first figures produced in the production run were the ones with the joint injection errors. This tweet:

"Thanks and tbh most of the production was fine they just pulled some shady BS on the first batch. We're replacing"

This says to me that the figures produced after the first batch were OK, it's just the first figures produced had the brittle joints. I just received the last one I ordered from eBay just yesterday and although I have not opened it to check the joints, the paint job on the face is horrible. By the time they actually shipped the figure it had to have been from one of those later batches, and the paint was even worse than the ones I got weeks ago.

Maybe I'm wrong and they are producing more, but it seems like they are just using some figures from these later batches as replacements for those figures that did break.

From what I have read it seems to me they may not actually be producing any more Superman figures, but that the first figures produced in the production run were the ones with the joint injection errors. This tweet:

"Thanks and tbh most of the production was fine they just pulled some shady BS on the first batch. We're replacing"

This says to me that the figures produced after the first batch were OK, it's just the first figures produced had the brittle joints. I just received the last one I ordered from eBay just yesterday and although I have not opened it to check the joints, the paint job on the face is horrible. By the time they actually:shipped the figure it had to have been from one of those later batches, and the paint was even worse than the ones I got weeks ago.

Maybe I'm wrong and they are producing more, but it seems like they are just using some figures from these later batches as replacements for those figures that did break.

Can you post some pics of your bad paint job so I can see if your theory is plausible

I wonder if your theory coninsides with what I discovered that the WB orders or at least mine might be part of a different batch since I stated the paint seems more cleaner and fresher then all the ones I got from TRU.,

The ones at TRU have the S a shade darker and the sculpt paint looks a tad paler :slap

Last edited:
Can you post some pics of your bad paint job so I can see if your theory is plausible

I wonder if your theory coninsides with what I discovered that the WB orders or at least mine might be part of a different batch since I stated the paint seems more cleaner and fresher then all the ones I got from TRU.,

The ones at TRU have the S a shade darker and the sculpt paint looks a tad paler :slap

I'm not home right now, so I can't take a pic just yet, but I'll see if I can take one later tonight.

Here's a bit more detailed analysis I did of the tweets and what they might actually mean:

I kinda get the impression that they may not be producing more, but are only using figures from later in the production run without the joint issues as replacements through their customer service. And customer service on twitter just posted that they got the replacement figures and were gonna start shipping them out, so If those are new, they have already been made. They don't seem to indicate they are "replacing" broken figures by making them available for order again.

The first tweet I could find concerning the issue:

"Very rare occurrence. If this is DC/Superman related it's due to a factory error & we are replacing all damages "

So far he only mentions replacing damaged figures, which I assume means replacing them through their customer service and the stock that their CS has, not replacing them by making more.

Then someone asks:

"are the replacement figures gonna be slightly more durable?"

Then NECA replies:

"Nothing wrong w the durability. It was injection defects they shipped anyway after rejection. New ones are A++ "

I would assume by "new ones" he means the replacement figures. Now some onedid reply that it was good NECA was making more, but NECA never replied to that to confirm nor deny they were making more.

And then the last tweet I could find on the subject was after someone thanked them, NECA said:

This says to me that the first figures produced had the joint injection issues, but all of the rest of the production run was mostly fine. So if you ordered your figures late, you probably already got a 2nd or 3rd batch figure. And that basically they are just going to replace the first batch error figures with some correct later batch figures through their customer service. He doesn't really seem to say that they are producing a new quantity of figures, only that they are replacing the broken ones, but even then he does not say they are making more to replace the broken ones.

Maybe I'm wrong and they are making more, but from what I have read and how I understand it, it seems like they may not. Even of they do, it looks like the joints were the only issue, and not because of bad plastic, but because on an injection error. So I imagine the quality of the rest of the plastic will remain the same and the paint apps will be pretty much the same as well.

that's all well and good, but will the paint apps still look like #$%*. will the capes be glued on crooked, or will the hands peel. not to mention, NECA has been around forever, and this is not their first breakage problems. I wanted to collect their aliens, predator, robocop, and terminator lines, but they are all plagued by breakage to this day, so I passed. after this many years in the game, these should be non issues for them. after this Superman fiasco, I cancelled my Home Alone figure preorders. I'm not giving them anymore of my money. i will just be happy with my superior Hot Toys Supes. Hell, my Mattel 3 3/4" "Happy meal" figure is starting to grow on me after this BS :rotfl

that's all well and good, but will the paint apps still look like #$%*. will the capes be glued on crooked, or will the hands peel. not to mention, NECA has been around forever, and this is not their first breakage problems. I wanted to collect their aliens, predator, robocop, and terminator lines, but they are all plagued by breakage to this day, so I passed. after this many years in the game, these should be non issues for them. after this Superman fiasco, I cancelled my Home Alone figure preorders. I'm not giving them anymore of my money. i will just be happy with my superior Hot Toys Supes. Hell, my Mattel 3 3/4" "Happy meal" figure is starting to grow on me after this BS :rotfl

Good call buddy! Spend your money on something better, like the new Batman Gotham Knight by SCC! Oh, wait oops!:lol

All of mine are fine. :cool:

12310570_10206850835922809_8693837977170227470_n_zpsexyvz6uk.jpg

Reeve is my favorite Superman. Never know if there will ever be another good Reeve figure out in this size so I got extra ones just incase I needed them. I put the 3 extra ones back in the boxes after freeing up the joints with a hair dryer.

My search for Reeve has turned up fruitless, damn it all :thud: anyone want to help?

Back