NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're garbage. I'd give the customer that returned it the benefit of the doubt.

What a waste of a terrific sculpt.

I work at Toys R Us, and a customer returned a Superman yesterday because the left leg snapped in half at the knee. I can't rule out that they handled the figure too roughly, but with all of the stories about quality control issues... speaking of quality control, the majority of the Superman figures remaining on the shelf have varying paint slop/paint application issues.

Yeah mine are still good to go, but I want to get one that has less QC paint problems but it seems we can't win with this Reeve version, online ordered breakage issues, TRU breakage. All around paint QC disasters

There's no other sources left. Why did it have to be CRS with the most issues :gah:

I still have two coming but I'm fearing the worst with those :slap

They're garbage. I'd give the customer that returned it the benefit of the doubt.

What a waste of a terrific sculpt.

Seems like a colossal waste of time and gas trying to hunt more down to get a better one, seems the ones at TRU are getting worse and worse.

I'm thinking maybe it's better to give it up and be happy with what I have :thud:

Why isn't Neca recalling these, they must've read the Twitter and FB reports

Honestly I don't think the wave 1 predators had even so many QC breakage problems in so many shipped figures as much as CRS

Last edited:
I going to my nearest TRU in a little while, so hopefully they have some Reeve figures. The prices on ebay seem to be going up, and some of the sellers use publicity photos of the figure, so you still don't know what you're getting. I saw one seller put a disclaimer saying, "when you open it, be careful not to break it" :lol

I going to my nearest TRU in a little while, so hopefully they have some Reeve figures. The prices on ebay seem to be going up, and some of the sellers use publicity photos of the figure, so you still don't know what you're getting. I saw one seller put a disclaimer saying, "when you open it, be careful not to break it" :lol

Hey at least he's warning the buyer

Saw this on Instagram, the guy said all these are for sale at $30
Notice the one on the top right :slap

Seems like a colossal waste of time and gas trying to hunt more down to get a better one, seems the ones at TRU are getting worse and worse.

I'm thinking maybe it's better to give it up and be happy with what I have :thud:

Why isn't Neca recalling these, they must've read the Twitter and FB reports

Honestly I don't think the wave 1 predators had even so many QC breakage problems in so many shipped figures as much as CRS

Yeah, just be happy with what you got. That's what I'm doing.

I'd love to crack open the one I bought and pose it, but after my first one broke, I'm not risking it. I don't care. MIB is better than broken and returned with nothing. I can tell just by looking at mine that my left shoulder and right hip are about to go, like what happened to this poor guy,

image.jpg

Just look at those white plastic snaps. It's like the joints are made of those cigarette candy sticks. :lol I really hope some day they reissue this with a proper release and not this chintzy crap.

I decided I'm buying the 18" quarter scale one to go with my Keaton and Penguin since I'm not opening the 7". I just watched reviews and none of them seem to have paint issues or breakages. **** this 7" one.

Yeah, just be happy with what you got. That's what I'm doing.

I'd love to crack open the one I bought and pose it, but after my first one broke, I'm not risking it. I don't care. MIB is better than broken and returned with nothing. I can tell just by looking at mine that my left shoulder and right hip are about to go, like what happened to this poor guy,

View attachment 224159

Just look at those white plastic snaps. It's like the joints are made of those cigarette candy sticks. :lol I really hope some day they reissue this with a proper release and not this chintzy crap.

:horror

It's frustrating that we feel to buy more than one in order to have one that isn't a pain in QC

Maybe it's better that LCS and other stores like Target, Walmart didn't carry these afterall. How many times would The LCS take back broken ones

I was just going to mention if the 1/4 CRS had any breakage problems because I haven't seen any reports of breaks on online reviews or YouTube either

Maybe I'll wait until Black Friday next week to see if Amazon or ebay will come out with deals on the 1/4

You never know

Yup, that's what I'm doing. Every place has him in stock so I'm going to see if I can snag a deal on him.

And yeah, I watched and read a lot of reviews and none of them mention quality control issues or breakages. As much as I prefer the 7" scale format, I'd rather have a loose, undamaged 1/4 version for $80-$90 free shipping that's a click away than driving around/calling and going through the hassle of getting a decent 7" one for $20-$40 bucks.

Honestly, he looks fantastic on that first video. Better than Hot Toys even. They really nailed his appearance and proportions.

R
Yup, that's what I'm doing. Every place has him in stock so I'm going to see if I can snag a deal on him.

And yeah, I watched and read a lot of reviews and none of them mention quality control issues or breakages. As much as I prefer the 7" scale format, I'd rather have a loose, undamaged 1/4 version for $80-$90 free shipping that's a click away than driving around/calling and going through the hassle of getting a decent 7" one for $20-$40 bucks.

Honestly, he looks fantastic on that first video. Better than Hot Toys even. They really nailed his appearance and proportions.

And that's actually one of the better reviews. I've seen others on the 1/4 with bad lighting and camera work but he still looked flawless. I only heard a few nit picks on how long the neck is on the 1/4 version but that's questionable IMO.

The 1/4 seems to have no issues balancing either on its own.

My issue is that I don't have the space for such a huge scale figure but maybe I will make room for this

I might add that in the other reviews, the guy man handled spreading the legs in one motion to show the leg articulation and you could hear the ratchet sound clear as day making it seem like the joints are definitely made to be more sturdy

Check this out

Especially at 6:16

https://youtu.be/NWJuuWflQiA

Last edited:
The 1/4 Reeve Superman is simply amazing, man. Gorgeous figure, no tight or loose joints and he actually stands up well on his own. Between him and Penguin I don't which one I prefer the most as they have such good shelf presence. I doubt you'll be disappointed with him. :)

And as much I wouldn't mind these three 7" versions making their way to the UK (unlike Keaton went for stupid prices from scalpers), I'm perfectly happy with my 1/4 versions as, when it comes to detail, the bigger the better in this case. I kind of regret not picking up their 1/4 Keaton when it was released though. I actually saw a few in Forbidden Planet years back for roughly £99-99 but I just didn't bother. Last time I popped into their London store, Penguin and Reeve were priced at £120 which was shocking to me. Individually I paid about £84-86 for them on eBay with tracking delivery, screw those bloody prices. :horror

Not sure if NECA have plans for a 1/4 Keaton from Batman Returns but that would be something I would snap up instantly. I know on Twitter recently someone asked if they have rights for a Returns Catwoman, and Randy said they do. Hopefully next year we might see something.

Has anyone ordered from NECA directly

How is their QC on 1/4 figures

How do they ship?

UPS, USPS, Fed Ex?

Well, I'm back from TRU, and they only had the statues and 1 Adam West. However, unlike the other stores I went to, they had a sign saying you had to buy the DVD in order to get the figure or the statue. Out of curiosity I asked the girl if I could just get the figure(even though I already have one) without the DVD and she said no, so I told her that I was able to get the figures without the dvd a few weeks ago, and she said they are now making sure people get both, because last Friday a guy bought five figures without the DVD, and apparently the whole point of the offer is to sell those DVDs :lol

Well, I'm back from TRU, and they only had the statues and 1 Adam West. However, unlike the other stores I went to, they had a sign saying you had to buy the DVD in order to get the figure or the statue. Out of curiosity I asked the girl if I could just get the figure(even though I already have one) without the DVD and she said no, so I told her that I was able to get the figures without the dvd a few weeks ago, and she said they are now making sure people get both, because last Friday a guy bought five figures without the DVD, and apparently the whole point of the offer is to sell those DVDs :lol

You could probably just return the DVD,i did that last year with the Keaton Batman.I was able to buy Reeves Superman and Joker today without the DVD,so that must be a YMMV thing lol.

The 1/4 Reeve Superman is simply amazing, man. Gorgeous figure, no tight or loose joints and he actually stands up well on his own. Between him and Penguin I don't which one I prefer the most as they have such good shelf presence. I doubt you'll be disappointed with him. :)

And as much I wouldn't mind these three 7" versions making their way to the UK (unlike Keaton went for stupid prices from scalpers), I'm perfectly happy with my 1/4 versions as, when it comes to detail, the bigger the better in this case. I kind of regret not picking up their 1/4 Keaton when it was released though. I actually saw a few in Forbidden Planet years back for roughly £99-99 but I just didn't bother. Last time I popped into their London store, Penguin and Reeve were priced at £120 which was shocking to me. Individually I paid about £84-86 for them on eBay with tracking delivery, screw those bloody prices. :horror

Not sure if NECA have plans for a 1/4 Keaton from Batman Returns but that would be something I would snap up instantly. I know on Twitter recently someone asked if they have rights for a Returns Catwoman, and Randy said they do. Hopefully next year we might see something.
Yeah that was me who asked Randy if he had the rights to Michelle Catwoman. He also said that Returns Batman will be coming eventually.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

my CR superman has finally shipped today from the ebay warnerbro's store , got all my fingers and toes crossed that I get a good one.

Back