NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao, I love how this conversation is going on, even though I'm a member here. Can just ask me!

The cape I made for Psycho is indeed different, it's a better material, a more expensive, limited material in which I could only make a few. He paid for the better material and I've only given that style of cape to a few people. It photographs similar but feels much better in hand. I can't speak on the "futzing" or anything. I just send them the way I'd be happy with receiving them. Anyway the rest I use the same type of material Tony Mei uses, I just cut it more accurately to the film and add in seam lines for every spline as they should be. I try to glue them to the cowl tips for movie accuracy, and just cross my fingers they stay put haha.

Guyver paid a little extra for the new cape and rods for a free replacement figure(his original broke) so that's why he's got the rods, etc. Otherwise it would have been a standard cloth cape as I used on his original and intended to replicate. So makes sense he'd want a better cape haha. I asked DiFabio awhile back if he wanted the extra bells and whistles but he wants to keep it simple. Don't blame him. But if your interested in rods DiFabio just let me know man! I know you wanted an exact matching cape to your battle damage. It's definitely a personal preference thing.

I dont think the rods work with the battle damage version because they weren't on the cape in the movie, while battle damaged. It interrupts the flow of the bloody design that I love so much.

I respected your privacy Wayne, that's why I didn't hint " why don't you guys ask TWayne " :lol

Did Difabio want rods on his, because I didn't get that impression :dunno

Last edited:
I respected your privacy Wayne, that's why I didn't hint " why don't you guys ask TWayne " :lol

Did Difabio want rods on his, because I didn't get that impression :dunno

Haha thanks.

And naw I don't think he does. He wants matching styles of capes with all his Keatons. Just saying if he changes his mind we can talk, but it's all good. He will be extremely happy with his I think.

Haha thanks.

And naw I don't think he does. He wants matching styles of capes with all his Keatons. Just saying if he changes his mind we can talk, but it's all good. He will be extremely happy with his I think.

You're a master at your craft..so I wouldn't dwell on his reaction..if it's negative..it's his loss :wink1:

What were the " Bells and whistles on his cape you were willing to do..I might be interested :wink1:

Yeah, I'm not interested in the rods. I just want it to match the Battle Damaged, TWayne knows what's up.

At the same time, I wanted to try to make my own capes with the same and similar material for different versions (in the film he had different lengths). I'm just having trouble coming up with a nice template before I start cutting the expensive fabric I bought.

I know Tony Mei's looks like this,

Tony Mei.jpg

Albeit a smaller neck hole (it's about 5.50" from the back panel scallop to the neck).

But I'm looking for something more accurate, this is what I came up with,

Panel cape.jpg

I'm stuck at the moment. I'd copy your template TWayne, but I don't want to pull the cape off my Battle Damaged you did for me since it's glued down permanently. Figured I'd make my own.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not interested in the rods. I just want it to match the Battle Damaged, TWayne knows what's up.

At the same time, I wanted to try to make my own capes with the same and similar material for different versions (in the film he had different lengths). I'm just having trouble coming up with a nice template before I start cutting the expensive fabric I bought.

I know Tony Mei's looks like this,

View attachment 318656

Albeit a smaller neck hole (it's about 5.50" from the back panel scallop to the neck).

But I'm looking for something more accurate, this is what I came up with,

View attachment 318657

I'm stuck at the moment. I'd copy your template TWayne, but I don't want to pull the cape off my Battle Damaged you did for me since it's glued down.

Second template looks better and more accurate IMO...

Yea, Tony's is all wrong. He just copied NECAs template, which is totally fine but NECA just phoned it in and also got it wrong haha.

I have a template I use that is almost exactly like your second one DiFabio, I have a physical version of it so the cut of my pattern is even. I put it on the cloth and use a cutting wheel. Then after that I place the empty cowl on the cape and mark off where I need to put in seams and connection points.

So yeah the second one looks really good if you want to start making your own go for it! When I send your package I can throw in one of my spare capes for ya, to compare and get a better idea of where ya want to take it, so you don't have to rip anything off existing customs.

Yea, Tony's is all wrong. He just copied NECAs template, which is totally fine but NECA just phoned it in and also got it wrong haha.

I have a template I use that is almost exactly like your second one DiFabio, I have a physical version of it so the cut of my pattern is even. I put it on the cloth and use a cutting wheel. Then after that I place the empty cowl on the cape and mark off where I need to put in seams and connection points.

So yeah the second one looks really good if you want to start making your own go for it! When I send your package I can throw in one of my spare capes for ya, to compare and get a better idea of where ya want to take it, so you don't have to rip anything off existing customs.

I have to admit when I saw the cape on Psycho's , I'm a little jealous that my BD from you has the old cape..oh well :slap

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'd love a spare, that would be awesome. Thank you! Then I can compare and contrast. I didn't realize how fun making capes actually is until I put in the time and effort. Making the templates, picking out fabric, it's actually really easy. I just need to be more precise with my cutting, these shears aren't working out.

If I get really good, I'm going to blow up my template (or your template for the spare) and try doing a 1/4 cape. I did a quick mock up below but mine came up too short (accidentally copied NECA's short scallops).

You_Doodle_2017-01-23T22_25_37Z.jpg

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'd love a spare, that would be awesome. Thank you! Then I can compare and contrast. I didn't realize how fun making capes actually is until I put in the time and effort. Making the templates, picking out fabric, it's actually really easy. I just need to be more precise with my cutting, these shears aren't working out.

If I get really good, I'm going to blow up my template (or your template for the spare) and try doing a 1/4 cape. I did a quick mock up below but mine came up too short (accidentally copied NECA's short scallops).

View attachment 318663

Looks great :clap is that the 7" or 1/4

Looking good man! Might have to nag you about one ;)

Did you do something with the traps/shoulders? My one and only tiny critique of the figure has been that he looked a little too narrow, and not as stocky as in the movie.

Wow, that cape looks spectacular. I made a replacement cape for mine since the original cape ripped in an accident. It works, but I'd love to make one that looks more leathery. Where did you find your fabric? I might have to attempt this.

Looking good man! Might have to nag you about one ;)

Did you do something with the traps/shoulders? My one and only tiny critique of the figure has been that he looked a little too narrow, and not as stocky as in the movie.

The trick is to attach the cape to the cowl scallops. Makes him look broader as he should be. The scallops kinda pull the cape up a little bit, giving that illusion.

Took these shots recently love how they came out..

IMG_20170129_155153_581.jpg

IMG_20170129_154932_793.jpg

IMG_20170129_154749_808.jpg

IMG_20170129_154606_102.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Made some arrangements, perfected the template, made a plastic template and cut out a new cape. This one hangs even better than the last one, I'm happy with it. I think I'm going to do one for West and Bale next.

cape 4.jpg
cape 1.jpg
cape 2.jpg
cape 3.jpg

That looks awesome, great work.

Is the ab articulation retained or no?

Thank you. No, I had to glue that so he couldn't flex that way anymore. I'm looking to upgrade the cape on that figure. Any suggestions for a good fabric? I tried a Tony Mei cape once, but I wasn't thrilled with it.

I use a Star Wars Black Series Darth Vader cape. It's thick, it hangs well. But...no bat scallops at the bottom! I'm certainly not skilled enough to try to cut it, so I just live with it the way it is.

Back