NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you, it is wrong. Still, I'm sure the bootleg's quality is horrible.

Honestly though, I don't think this would have happened if NECA/WB didn't redistribute these during the summer. They clearly did a new batch (this figure is two years old and was sold out by late 2014/2015) for the summer/fall at Toys R Us despite the blatant "hey, it's just found stock" lie. They opened themselves up for bootlegs as far as I'm concerned.

Not condoning it, just saying. They should have tighter control on the factories they use. Ridiculous that Keaton, Ledger, West and Reeve got bootlegs so quickly.

EDIT:

And atleast there's a clear difference between the bootleg and real/authentic version thanks to the packaging.

Last edited:
Agreed
I also wondered about the " found some more batmans" story.
They are on the shelves at my TRU right now.

I think you are right about the bootlegs popping up right after the incredible warehouse find....they were making more on the hush hush.

Yup, all the Toys R Us stores around here have received new restocks since about May on a consistent basis. Every time the first 4 sell out on the floor, 4-6 more Batman figures take their place. Last month one around here got 6 brand new Reeve Superman figures as well.

The reason I don't buy NECA's story of it being "found stock" is because the original Toys R Us stock from 2014 had the ugly yellow blu ray promotion sticker and plastic hook tab,

Batman1.jpg
Batman2.jpg

The ones from this summer and fall have neither and the box they come in don't even have the blu rays (the point of this figure in general).

Batman-1989-NECA-001.jpg
Batman-1989-NECA-002.jpg

Someone saw the demand and popularity and made a new batch, the bootleg guys following suit.

I saw the bootlegs in person at the weekend and the quality is pretty bad. Looks like a waxy mannequin in an ill fitting Batman suit. No comparison with the genuine article with this one.

Did anyone purchase the bootleg and could provide some in-hand pictures? I'm considering getting one since the original never showed up here. I wanna know how it compares. I once bought a ultra-articulated Darth Vader bootleg off Aliexpress and while the details looked good, it was extremely flimsy.

Did anyone purchase the bootleg and could provide some in-hand pictures? I'm considering getting one since the original never showed up here. I wanna know how it compares. I once bought a ultra-articulated Darth Vader bootleg off Aliexpress and while the details looked good, it was extremely flimsy.
TB2ApgvXMfC11BjSszcXXc44pXa_!!2453342356.jpg

I saw it but didn't buy it, next to the original it's very crappy. It looks better in the pic I posted than it does in hand.

Goddamn, I should've been paying closer attention to this thread. I figured I'd missed out and that was that, but it's nice to know these are still available. This is a great figure.

There are quite a few at the TRUS in my area.
I don't mind picking one up and mailing it in the states if anyone wants one.
Just pay cost/tax and actual shipping.
I live across the street from the PO so it's not much trouble.

Been trying to find it all morning, but does anyone have or know where the pic of one of these completely disassembled is? I have a couple ideas and wanted to take a look at how this figure is parted out.

Been trying to find it all morning, but does anyone have or know where the pic of one of these completely disassembled is? I have a couple ideas and wanted to take a look at how this figure is parted out.
Check with difabio, I know he was doing custom of these so I think he has a picture of a fully disassembled batman.

Yup I got a BD from him as well..but it was done before he decided to make a new cape custom idea..oh well :lol

All good... He does a great job at repaints.... Gonna have him repaint my mezco BVS Batman so he has an five o'clock shadow and new custom cape that drapes more naturally.

Big props to TWayne for my revised custom with new custom cape :bow:bow

Got any pics of the texture of the cape curious if it's similar to the BVS cape so maybe he can use that, also could you take a pic from the back of how it drapes?

Here you go Psycho

Back draped

Texture back (Sorry about the bad lighting)

inside texture (the rod is to help create the spread wing look

Side

Now to answer your question to comparison use of the BVS mezco cape

it might work

I'll try to shoot some better more natural lit pics for you in the morning

Back