NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yours is coming very soon! :) hang in there bro!

I'm hangin' . . .

hangin.jpg

Last edited:
Psycho's looks like it lays better than guyver1's, interesting if they're the same.
I did the wet treatment to mine will take a few more shots later today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Psycho's looks like it lays better than guyver1's, interesting if they're the same.

Yeah, that might be due in part to the cut of Guyver's cape and the fact that it has the sticks in it for the cape unfurled look. That might explain it.

It's really hard to figure out which fabric is which since the light and camera detects the material differently. Lotta trial and error trying to figure out who used what.

You_Doodle_2017-01-23T17_14_21Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-23T17_14_47Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-23T17_18_27Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-23T17_16_13Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-23T17_27_07Z.jpg

I did the wet treatment to mine will take a few more shots later today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah didn't think about the wet treatment..how did you do it since the cape is glued onto the cape pretty solid, did you detach the glue job , wet and re glue?

Ah didn't think about the wet treatment..how did you do it since the cape is glued onto the cape pretty solid, did you detach the glue job , wet and re glue?

Nah just wetted the inside of the cape.

Just used an spray bottle.

Got it :wink1:

Does yours have back creases like mine, I was wondering why TWayne made the cape fold in the back instead of spread out more when it is draped

However when I spread the cape out in the winged bat formation it spreads out evenly

Can your cape spread into a winged position

I know this what he had in mind with my cape

even told me this is what he was going for, hence the rods

Last edited:
Got it :wink1:

Does yours have back creases like mine, I was wondering why TWayne made the cape fold in the back instead of spread out more when it is draped

However when I spread the cape out in the winged bat formation it spreads out evenly

Can your cape spread into a winged position

I know this what he had in mind with my cape

even told me this is what he was going for, hence the rods

I haven't tried to spead mine out even though I had it quite a while...

Thanks for the info guys, I may pursue a cape like psycho's at some point, it drapes as nicely as a wired Hot Toys cape and really elevates the figure, the version for the spread cape looks seems too rigid for what I'd be after so it's good to understand.

Thanks for the info guys, I may pursue a cape like psycho's at some point, it drapes as nicely as a wired Hot Toys cape and really elevates the figure, the version for the spread cape looks seems too rigid for what I'd be after so it's good to understand.

Your choice..but just comparing mine in person with Psycho's pics I don't really see a difference between both custom capes.

Heres an pic of how it drapes... Keep in mind I did hour and hours of tweaking and use of magnets to get it lay right...

DSC_0277_1.jpg

Heres an pic of how it drapes... Keep in mind I did hour and hours of tweaking and use of magnets to get it lay right...

View attachment 318627

Yup, I know it's hard to take my word for it , but that's the same as mine minus the futzing..at least I know the game plan of futzing it .thanks :wave

I guess the rods are a bonus like TWayne told me :wink1:

Lmao, I love how this conversation is going on, even though I'm a member here. Can just ask me!

The cape I made for Psycho is indeed different, it's a better material, a more expensive, limited material in which I could only make a few. He paid for the better material and I've only given that style of cape to a few people. It photographs similar but feels much better in hand. I can't speak on the "futzing" or anything. I just send them the way I'd be happy with receiving them. Anyway the rest I use the same type of material Tony Mei uses, I just cut it more accurately to the film and add in seam lines for every spline as they should be. I try to glue them to the cowl tips for movie accuracy, and just cross my fingers they stay put haha.

Guyver paid a little extra for the new cape and rods for a free replacement figure(his original broke) so that's why he's got the rods, etc. Otherwise it would have been a standard cloth cape as I used on his original and intended to replicate. So makes sense he'd want a better cape haha. I asked DiFabio awhile back if he wanted the extra bells and whistles but he wants to keep it simple. Don't blame him. But if your interested in rods DiFabio just let me know man! I know you wanted an exact matching cape to your battle damage. It's definitely a personal preference thing.

I dont think the rods work with the battle damage version because they weren't on the cape in the movie, while battle damaged. It interrupts the flow of the bloody design that I love so much.

Back