NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ebay purchase history on this item (when I click on it) shows that the seller is gone.

I know im protected and everything, but that's not the point. Is my order secure? Anybody else experiencing the same?

Did anyone else notice the WB seller listing them had no prior history, something strange about that. I'm sure they were legit sales but why would a new seller popup, WB doesn't already have an eBay store?

Yeah, now there's no history of the items or seller.

Randy said they were all sold out, but he wasn't in charge of the sales, that's Go Hastings and WB. I wonder if they closed shop because those international buyers kept negging their feedback (which I thought was wrong). I wouldn't worry.

I didnt order from that ebay seller cause I wasnt confortable witht the reputation. New seller with 0 feedback. Also at least we still got the Video Game figure which can reasonably be repainted made it easier for me to wait and see if this will come up somewhere else to buy.

NECA's making money off this, don't be mistaken, the loophole is that because it's an exclusive with a limited Blu Ray, it doens't conflict with Mattel's license to figures that go into store shelves under the toy isle.

How does NECA get any profit? Is WB just going to sell those 2000 or so discs for free then? That wouldn't make sense, at least to me it wouldn't. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, I' just trying to get clarification of this situation. I think if the majority of this is WB product they would get the majority of the profits off of any deal.

Yeah, now there's no history of the items or seller.

Randy said they were all sold out, but he wasn't in charge of the sales, that's Go Hastings and WB. I wonder if they closed shop because those international buyers kept negging their feedback (which I thought was wrong). I wouldn't worry.

The seller is still there just under a new account name. I just signed in and while there is no listings, the seller is still on ebay. Still this turn of events has me :pray:

warnerbros_exclusives on eBay

How does NECA get any profit? Is WB just going to sell those 2000 or so discs for free then? That wouldn't make sense, at least to me it wouldn't. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, I' just trying to get clarification of this situation. I think if the majority of this is WB product they would get the majority of the profits off of any deal.

The seller is still there just under a new account name. I just signed in and while there is no listings, the seller is still on ebay. Still this turn of events has me :pray:

Sure WB will come out on top but do you think NECA will get nothing? The comment was saying NECA wouldn't make anything from it, no way in hell they're getting nothing.

Hey, you're the guy that reviews the Kenner Batman figures right? Welcome to the boards.

The seller was a new partnership between Hastings and WB (those who paid through paypal can even see the Hastings name in the payment info).... And Hastings is under the same main company as NECA, so I wouldn't worry about them being legit-

ICv2 - NECA/WizKids Owner Buys Hastings

And I agree with DiFab... Ebay probably yanked them down due to the ridiculous negative feedback that international buyers were hitting them with for not shipping internationally (which they knew prior to making a purchase). That just wasn't cool at all, and shows a huge flaw in ebay's selling policies.

Sallah

Hey, you're the guy that reviews the Kenner Batman figures right? Welcome to the boards.

Yeah, the one and the same! Thanks for the support. I'm still trying to find that Forever Batcave. :)

Sure WB will come out on top but do you think NECA will get nothing? The comment was saying NECA wouldn't make anything from it, no way in hell they're getting nothing.

Makes sense. By my calculations with a 26.99 selling point and with WB's own shop selling this for 22.99 minus the figure and allowing that the added 4 bucks extra is going towards NECA for the figure, that would give the toymaker (so far) about 8,000 in sales. I Hope that WB paid off NECA beforehand for use of the factories because that could very well be a 4 dollar profit after those expenses are tallied. Let's hope they get more units out there.

Ebay probably yanked them down due to the ridiculous negative feedback that international buyers were hitting them with for not shipping internationally (which they knew prior to making a purchase). That just wasn't cool at all, and shows a huge flaw in ebay's selling policies.

Sallah

Same thing happens with Amazon. Allowing 1 star reviews on pre orders really can hurt their sales and paint the manufactuer or distributor in a harsh light.

Update from NECA-

Batman eBay Update!

A lot of NECA fans have been posting about problems buying the Batman Blu-ray+Promo figure on the Warner Bros eBay store, so we got in touch with the guys running the store and have an update. Please read through the whole thing -- there's some good info in there. (Psst: if you need the Cliff's Notes version, it's this: Don't Panic, eBay messed things up again but their team is on it.)

1. eBay's system experienced a glitch where international shoppers were allowed to click "Buy It Now" even though the WB Store does not offer international shipping. The glitch did not extend to PayPal, which would not let those customers pay for their purchases because they were not located in the United States. Those unpaid orders had to be cancelled.
Sorry eBay got your hopes up, fans!

2. We're doing our best to keep you informed, but the best thing you can do if you have a problem is contact the WB Store on eBay
(warnerbros_exclusives) for the full details. They are legit, we promise!

3. If you are located in the United States and you already ordered and paid, your order will be honored.

So nothing to worry about. :) I still need one more additional figure past the ones I bought on the bay, so hopefully more retailers get announced soon...

Sallah

I'm sure they will. Can't imagine it ending at 2000 pieces. Wouldn't surprise me if Toys R Us got in on it.

It'd be cool to walk into a store that has the Multiverse 4" Batman, NECA 8-bit and the regular blu ray combo figure simultaneously in the same store. It'd make the 90s kid DiFabio in me nostalgic, even moreso. I'm just waiting for the day where we get Kenner tribute TDKC figures or Gentle Giant style Jumbo figures. The sky is the limit.

Oh lord I would be bankrupt. A Gentle Giant Crime Attack Batman I just couldn't resist that. On top of everything else, you'll find me in the gutter soon enough. Look for the only homeless man with a giant Batman toy collection.

Update from NECA-

Batman eBay Update!

A lot of NECA fans have been posting about problems buying the Batman Blu-ray+Promo figure on the Warner Bros eBay store, so we got in touch with the guys running the store and have an update. Please read through the whole thing -- there's some good info in there. (Psst: if you need the Cliff's Notes version, it's this: Don't Panic, eBay messed things up again but their team is on it.)

1. Screw you overseas fans!

2. Not in America? Then **** off!

3. Hey, and stop making trouble for Americans, nobody gives a **** what you think!

4. It's not like the 1989 Batman has any connection with the UK!

Cool, thanks for that Warner Brothers and NECA! **** you too!

I think that's more WB and ebay. Don't fault NECA.

I'll fault NECA until they announce that this will be available outside America, assuming they know of the existence of countries outside America. No mention of it at all in that 'statement' like we're ****ing invisible or just don't count. I found it frankly offensive that they didn't even see fit to mention overseas fans.

Maybe I'll send them an atlas. ****s.

NECA/Randy repeatedly said they were trying hard to make this available to the UK and other people outside the US. There's an issue with the Blu Ray disc region codes and WB's reluctance to do so.

I'm sure NECA would love to put out a mass produced Batman for everyone, but they can't since their hands are tied.

Geez...

NECA has stated multiple times that they are looking for international outlets for theses... but they can't force retailers to buy them ya know? And they aren't set up to create an overseas store just to sell one exclusive figure/ blu-ray combo. They need a retailer willing to partner up and carry it overseas.

Do you honestly think they would like to leave money sitting on a table and they are doing this just to mess with people? No, of course not. That is silly. But they are at the mercy of whatever deals WB sets up for distribution on these (with them being region encoded) and which retailers buy in.

Sallah

Back