NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree batman 1989 deserves more respect, its a beautiful film to look at from Fursts sets and batmobile to Ringwoods costumes to elfmans score and personally for me Keaton's brilliant performance (let's not forget Nicholson either).

It just seems cool now to knock the Burton films in favour of the Nolan ones (which I bet get knocked when the Snyder film comes out).

I don't understand why people feel the need to choose, can we not like both? I certainly do.

~ Public Service Annoucement ~

For those who haven't purchased this yet, you'd better do it now. According to eBay, only 98 remain available. I have no idea if this is the final 98 or if the stock will be replenished after those are gone. Still, I recommend ordering now instead of missing out and regretting it.

This is cool, I wonder how it will look displayed with DCD/Mattel figures of a similar scale. Mattel ones will be a little short, but some of the DCD ones might look just right.

To give you an idea, here's my video game version with my DC Collectibles, DCUC Joker (with Killing Joke head), and DCSH Superman and Batman (with Hush head) figures:
DSC07315 small.jpg
DSC07321 small.jpg
DSC07330 small.jpg

I've ordered the blu-ray version, but my friend is also repainting the video game version to movie colors (guess I'll display one with accessories and one with closed fists).

I had no interest in the bluray, but I just had to get it for the figure. I had the original figure from the movie in that packaging, so this retro packaging is nostalgic to me.

I still have the original figure, bought one off eBay a few years back. I couldn't get the 18" figure and i'd settle for a 7" and this would be easier than repainting the Nintendo version, but I can't easily order off eBay so I'm hoping for other avenues to get this, maybe better pricing too though the lowest price now is fairly reasonable consider the figure alone would run $18 at TRU.

Yeah I want this but not sure if its really worth $40 to me. Granted the Blu-ray is part of that cost but selling it secondhand wouldn't be too worth it most likely and I have the digibook from the twentieth anniversary.

The hard sell for me is for another $40 I could just get the 18" which is nicer, I'm torn, part of me would rather this since my collection is havy on NECA figures and this scale.

I'd personally prefer this size or 1/6th scale. I don't have any 1/4th sized stuff and I don't intend to start collecting figures that size too.

There's going to be a day where this film suit is available again, probably even cheaper than this combo.

This tool they have is gold, we all know how NECA loves their repaints, retools and kitbashes. No way will this end at a 1/4, NES and an exclusive bundle. Mattel continues to good around, WB/DC see the demand, only a matter of time before negotiations work their magic.

This was only done because of the blu-ray right?

NECA can only offer this to WB for use as a premium item and cannot legally recieve any profits for this because of Mattel's license right?

Yup. That's correct. They've found loop holes to make what they've done (whacky video game paint, Blu ray bonus).

NECA's making money off this, don't be mistaken, the loophole is that because it's an exclusive with a limited Blu Ray, it doens't conflict with Mattel's license to figures that go into store shelves under the toy isle.

Im confused on whats going on now. I ordered one the other day and today it says on Ebay "This user is no longer registered on eBay." WTF?!?!!

Im confused on whats going on now. I ordered one the other day and today it says on Ebay "This user is no longer registered on eBay." WTF?!?!!

Very curious, as that seemed to be the only official distribution means, the only sellers left now are the scalpers.

If my math is right, only about 2000 of these were produced. About 150 sold before the original auction was taken down then roughly another 1700 sold in the relisted auction.

If that number is accurate, this could turn out to be a rather rare Batman 1989 colllectible, especially if this figure won't/can't be released again for various reasons.

Even if it's released again, it'll be a new package and the retro ToyBiz style will still be limited to this release.

Back