NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what your describing is EXACTLY the kind of figure I found at toys r us the other day. It was the last one left and the ear was squished down, causing the other side to lump up, nearly ruining the figure. I should have taken a picture to compare to yours haha.

Well what I did was decide to open it, and removed the cowl and boiled it for several minutes, trying to get it back to factory standard. It takes awhile to work it back to it's original form and you have to have some cold water handy to make sure it keeps it's form.

So it does go back into the correct shape then? Cuz all I can think about when I look at it is, ahem....."It's not a toomah!"

I'm curious, is anyone getting multiples going attempt to make one a battle damaged version from the end of the movie?

Can't find it now but I saw a really nice Batman Returns custom made from this figure on ebay. It had two portraits, one of them was after he rips the cowl off and the seller customized a whole Keaton head from the bits under the neca cowl. A really neat custom he resculpted the chest armor also to match the BR look.

Can't find it now but I saw a really nice Batman Returns custom made from this figure on ebay. It had two portraits, one of them was after he rips the cowl off and the seller customized a whole Keaton head from the bits under the neca cowl. A really neat custom he resculpted the chest armor also to match the BR look.

I saw that, the video of it is on YouTube. Unfortunately the auction ended days ago for the figure

That custom is quite impressive, though it's the first time a custom's cape looks worse than the NECA factory cape to me.

That custom is quite impressive, though it's the first time a custom's cape looks worse than the NECA factory cape to me.

Yeah that was the flaw I thought they used. I give them the ultimate credit for changing the bat symbol to the BR symbol. You can clearly see it's not so easy a task, especially in the 7" scale.

Any side by side photos of this with Mattel's movie masters or their 6" comic line?

10671361_10152432039471906_4539934600035115944_n.jpg

Man. Look how badly Keaton outclasses the other two. It's not even fair man...like fishing with dynamite.

So DiFabio...is that one ACTUALLY yours, not the press photos which I mistakenly assumed were yours? If so, you still got a good symbol!

I'm curious, is anyone getting multiples going attempt to make one a battle damaged version from the end of the movie?

Yes I plan to this week. Ill be sure to post it here when I'm done. It will be 100% accurate & not just some blood on his face haha.

This was my first attempt at repainting the video game batman last month. (I posted more pics earlier in this thread)
68008-1.jpg

I plan on doing a Batman Returns next month also. Along with a Kilmer Batman and Clooney Batman, built from this base figure. Since the actors had similar body types it should work out perfectly, and there will be consistency with articulation between the group.

Thanks DiFabio. NECA really hid the joints much better than Mattel did with their Batmen, and they were able to maintain a sharpness to their sculpt and paint in mass production that the other ones lost. They look so soft next to it! I guess the NECA Keaton might actually look better posed with some DCD figures or Mattel DCU line since those were a little taller than the Movie Masters too.

Man. Look how badly Keaton outclasses the other two. It's not even fair man...like fishing with dynamite.

So DiFabio...is that one ACTUALLY yours, not the press photos which I mistakenly assumed were yours? If so, you still got a good symbol!

No, that's a pic by someone from thefwoosh forum.

I posted the one I got from WB's store a few pages back. It has a perfect symbol. So does the opener I got from Toys R Us.

Awesome custom work, Wayne. Saw it first at figure realm and was floored. Someone correct me, but ht hasn't revealed their figures yet when the mattel tdk stuff came out? I remember at the time just being happy for 6" scale movie figures, since batman begins didn't have that.

Movie Masters were shown around Winter of 2007/2008. Hot Toys Dark Knight were shown around Spring 2008. So Mattel was first, they were maybe 4 months apart.

Wow, what your describing is EXACTLY the kind of figure I found at toys r us the other day. It was the last one left and the ear was squished down, causing the other side to lump up, nearly ruining the figure. I should have taken a picture to compare to yours haha.

Well what I did was decide to open it, and removed the cowl and boiled it for several minutes, trying to get it back to factory standard. It takes awhile to work it back to it's original form and you have to have some cold water handy to make sure it keeps it's form.

Well try as I may I could not get the cowl into the right shape. I boiled and tried to reshape it for at least twenty minutes, but the left ear still looks deformed and there is still a lump on the left side of his head. After reading all the negative feedback on ebay for the WB seller it looks like they refuse to replace defective figures. I emailed them and still haven't gotten a reply.:impatient:

Now I really wish NECA would do Nolan Batman at this scale.
And the 1966 Batman, maybe Arkham Origins...hell, their 1/4th figures in this scale would be great in general. I'd love a NECA Man of Steel Superman too.

Back