Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not super happy with how mine is turning out.

376358f8-f198-4f91-afd7-458eb34508ed_zps6cfa71e3.jpg

Why? It looks promising.

I guess maybe it's just that, to me, the in between steps look odd. With the armour, even when things look odd, I know what steps are left and how it will change as I go on. With this, since I've never painted a pred before, I'm kinda winging it, so I'm not sure exactly how to get where I'm going with it.

I'm having the same thoughts on my Elder repaint, I'm not very satisfied with I have so far, not even worth posting pictures actually. I'm planning to redo everything, hopefully turns out better.

Good luck on yours Alice, its my first time painting a Pred as well. Harder than I thought. :)

I guess maybe it's just that, to me, the in between steps look odd. With the armour, even when things look odd, I know what steps are left and how it will change as I go on. With this, since I've never painted a pred before, I'm kinda winging it, so I'm not sure exactly how to get where I'm going with it.

Come on, I`ve seen how you rescuplted the mask. I have no doubts that your paintwork will be similarly good.

I'm having the same thoughts on my Elder repaint, I'm not very satisfied with I have so far, not even worth posting pictures actually. I'm planning to redo everything, hopefully turns out better.

Good luck on yours Alice, its my first time painting a Pred as well. Harder than I thought. :)

Good luck to both of you!

Last edited:
I'm having a ball repainting my Elder. I've spent a lot of time already but it's gonna be worth it. :D

I'll preface this by saying I HATE enamel paint. With that out of the way, since I'm too broke to buy the paint I need I used some enamel I had sitting around from a past project.

Here's where I was yesterday afternoon:

8C7680A8-845B-4A59-A560-09D89CB5418C-13729-000012F141720B10_zps9a4616f4.jpg

And here's where I'm at today:

e911f302-0764-4742-bcd2-c5a163fedbb4_zps85ede937.jpg

Last edited:
I'll preface this by saying I HATE enamel paint. With that out of the way, since I'm too broke to buy the paint I need I used some enamel I had sitting around from a past project.

Here's where I was yesterday afternoon:

8C7680A8-845B-4A59-A560-09D89CB5418C-13729-000012F141720B10_zps9a4616f4.jpg

And here's where I'm at today:

e911f302-0764-4742-bcd2-c5a163fedbb4_zps85ede937.jpg

That looks great to me, Imma post some of mine when I get around to it.

OK first off, Alice, that looks amazing. I don't know what you were worried about. Secondly, it appears you work opposite from what I do. I don't paint that often and I'm really not that good at it. But I usually go with the darker colors first and then dry brush the lighter ones in.
Now I'm thinking my approach was all wrong. Thank you for the wip pics as I'd like to try a similar project soon.

Well, there's no one specific way to go about it I guess. I know that people that dry brush sometimes work dark to light, but since I don't really care for dry brushing I tend to stay away from it. I'm not as happy with the end results of dry brushing as I am with washed, which is what I do.

Working light to dark also makes for easier coverage for the lighter colours, since trying to cover a dark colour with a light colour, specifically white, usually results in the darker colour bleeding through.

Did this tonight before realizing, "Duh, this is all gonna be covered by armour anyway."

Going back under the airbrush tomorrow, because I'm still not happy with the way the chest is turning out.

2ae1e97b-687a-4214-a936-5af637290a4f_zps912c9747.jpg

Well, there's no one specific way to go about it I guess. I know that people that dry brush sometimes work dark to light, but since I don't really care for dry brushing I tend to stay away from it. I'm not as happy with the end results of dry brushing as I am with washed, which is what I do.

Working light to dark also makes for easier coverage for the lighter colours, since trying to cover a dark colour with a light colour, specifically white, usually results in the darker colour bleeding through.

Did this tonight before realizing, "Duh, this is all gonna be covered by armour anyway."

Going back under the airbrush tomorrow, because I'm still not happy with the way the chest is turning out.

2ae1e97b-687a-4214-a936-5af637290a4f_zps912c9747.jpg

I gotta say that looks great! What colors did you play with on his skin tones, like the redish color?

Back