Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it doesn't have the loose sag to it and it doesn't seem to bleach out but it's a lot better than the fruit basket netting it came with. :D

I'm gonna fool around with it to see if there's a way to achieve a more film accurate look.

Almost there.

EAD70DBB-518C-4C24-A27D-1C585E50826E-7567-00000A5874F016C7_zps16c44118.jpg

Great job! I`ve never understood why NECA had done this AvP-style armor texture.

Grayback WIP:

Last edited:
I used my heat gun (be careful it will melt the cheapo plastic netting!) and pried things apart slowly and carefully with an exacto. The legs at the hip have screws in them (on Elder anyway), watch out for that.

Take off his butt skirt first, before you can disassemble the hip piece. The screws are on his back by the belt section, so you have to take off the skirt. Use heat gun like what G-M53 said. Hope this helps you :)

Little update.

Where it was:

_DSC6961_zps8ac483f4.jpg

Where it is:

7baec804-5a85-49a5-9014-4b0a560e47b5_zps562a9700.jpg

And here's a quick test fit if the visor mesh. Gonna need a spray of dark greyish silver, and a bit of dirtying up, but it should look pretty spot on.

Predator-2-Gauze-helmet-lens-2.jpg

456828FF-7250-40E5-A764-CDEF639FEF94-12756-000011C5FCD6A3C5_zps135451af.jpg

And here's a quick test fit if the visor mesh. Gonna need a spray of dark greyish silver, and a bit of dirtying up, but it should look pretty spot on.

Predator-2-Gauze-helmet-lens-2.jpg
it's not a movie suit and it differs from the movie variant vastly, including the level of mech visibility.
but of course you know that.

Yeah. For the most part it can't be seen in the movie, but there are certain scenes where it's either an extreme close up (Harrigan removing the mask) or a bright flash of light where you can see the mesh a bit. I'll be painting this the same way I did the helmet, so unless you're looking at it under certain lighting conditions the mesh won't be extremely obvious, but it will definitely be there like the movie. The picture was mainly to illustrate that the mesh is roundabout the correct size and shape. As close as I could find, anyway.

Did you use ordinary sand paper to sand the mask down? Also how did you fill the space in between the visor gap? Awesome work!

I used a Dremel with various tips and 600 grit sandpaper for smoothing afterwords. As for fixing the visor gap, the whole brow, crown, cheeks and nose were resculpted. The rest of the pits and pock marks (mostly) were filled with putty.

Last edited:
I'll be painting this the same way I did the helmet, so unless you're looking at it under certain lighting conditions the mesh won't be extremely obvious
that's the perfect, really true variant :)

The most annoying thing about making a "movie accurate" P2 is the fact that he changes so much from scene to scene and shot to shot. Just focusing on his bag on his left hip, in the slaughterhouse in the span of about five minutes his bag has a strap with no tassles, a strap with a few tassles, a strap with one tassle, a strap with no bag on it and then no strap or bag at all. It varies back and forth amongst those options from shot to shot, so it's frustrating trying to decide which way to go for the definitive look.

That was a similar frustration with the helmet, but I decided to just try to make it with a compromise between all the scenes, since there were so many helmets used.

The bag situation has me so frustrated I decided to just work on the groin armour, and chop it into segments like it was in the movie instead of the one big hunk of plastic like it is on the toys.

Those tassles were actually strips of delicious beef jerky that the Hunter would snack on during the hunt which is why they kept disappearing.

Bet nobody knew that.

Back