Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost there.

EAD70DBB-518C-4C24-A27D-1C585E50826E-7567-00000A5874F016C7_zps16c44118.jpg

^ got a question for you sir, is the mask all in one piece when you took it off? Also any tips on how you do it?

I think you should make a mold out of that custom and sell it to us. Just sayin :D

Yeah. It's all in one piece except for the visor. The black part of the visor is part of the head sculpt. When you pull off the helmet the "visor mesh" stays on the head. Basically just heat it up (I find boiling water works better than the hairdryer), ease a screwdriver under the top part and slowly work your way down each side prying. Once you get the top and sides loose the chin part should pop right off with a bit of pressure.

If I can figure out how to make a decent mold I'll probably cast up copies if anyone is interested. I'm also working on resculpting the net gun. Got the perfect mesh for the lenses which I also plan to redo for the helmet.

I'd be interested on one bro. I'm planning to repaint mine as well, so would be great to have a more accurate mask. I'm sure I'm not the only here who wants one.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't disassembled the new P2 body so this is helpful. By the way, can you post a picture with front angle of the mask?

Thanks!

I'll take some pics of the other disassembled parts, and how I got them apart later tonight.

Here's a few pics in the sun. Almost done with the paint. Just a bit of touching up and some oxidation to go. Still not glued down, so the chin is sitting a bit wonky on the head.

001_zps3e9e24b5.jpg

003_zps8d2302df.jpg

002_zps6c1625de.jpg

Wow! That looks phenomenal bro! Great job man.
What paint did you use on it? Also, are you casting the piece? I'd like to have one.

Looking forward to your BTS pics of him.

P.S
Forgive me if I keep calling you 'bro' not sure really if you're a dude or a girl. :peace

Alice.
That looks amazing. You're making me want to actually buy this figure and give customizing it a shot.

To anyone wanting a copy of the mask, I'll definitely be making copies available in the future. I want to learn to make a mold and cast them myself, because, as I've been painting it up, I've notice a few things I want to tweak.

Whenever I can get the casting process going I'll offer painted and unpainted copies. I'm also working on reculpting the net gun, so I may offer sets if anyone is interested in that as well. Ideally, I'd like to get finished with my paint-up before I turn my attention to casting copies, so it may be a few weeks before it's even on the table, but rest assured it will happen. And given the chance that I end up being terrible at making copies myself, Elder_Predator2 has offered his services.

Anyway, a little on the progress. I know the mask isn't 100% movie accurate, but that's simply because there were so many different masks used in the movie from scene to scene, hero masks, stunt masks etc.. Most of the mask was sculpted using the hero mask as reference, but also a detail here or there that made up what I felt looked the closest to the overall appearnce throughout the movie were cobbled together. If you go over my mask with a fine tooth comb and a measuring stick you'd be able to find plenty of "inaccuracies" but I did what I thought captured the essence of the character while also looking good on the figure itself. Here's where I'm currently at with the armour paint-up. Still a bit to go. Some smoky, bluish black to be applied in places and some oxidation to be added.

null_zps8a46c75c.jpg

Here's one in a bit of natural light. I can't seem to get a perfect pic, but the tint is a bit darker to the naked eye, and the coppery bits only really appear when you're looking at it head on. As the head rotates the copper shimmers and disappears as it does on the movie helmet i.e. the copper only shows through heavily when light hits it straight on. Any part that's not being hit by light looks like the dark, blackish brown. So it's a bit reactive to light instead of being a straight, static copper or brown.

current_zpsc60f1c69.jpg

Beautiful job Alice!

Well here's my Elder head so far. Still have lots of spots to add, touch ups then the final gloss coat. I've since filled the terrible gap between the eyes and on the cheeks.

DSCN1469.jpg

Last edited:
My eBay netting came today all the way from China and it looks great! :D

Back