Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get accurate netting ?

From my pond :nana:
Well, techically my local pet store hehe. :rotfl
I will have to finish mine first before I can start selling some. Dont worry, its all cleaned and scum-free. I'll let you guys know when i have installed mine first and have the result! :1-1:

From my pond :nana:
Well, techically my local pet store hehe. :rotfl
I will have to finish mine first before I can start selling some. Dont worry, its all cleaned and scum-free. I'll let you guys know when i have installed mine first and have the result! :1-1:

For me too pls :) I really need netting for my Preds.

How does one paint under the netting? My repainted head looks weird against the factory paint body now! lol.

How does one paint under the netting? My repainted head looks weird against the factory paint body now! lol.

Not sure if there is a good way. Your best bet is to remove the netting. The good news is that the figure disassembles very easily and the netting can be put back on.

The neck joint attached to the torso seems very tough as does the thigh joints! Just brute strength on those? LOL

Use a hairdrier to soften the plastic, that will help. The neck is glued, so you will have to force it. The groin is held together by 3 screws, remove those and the legs will be free. The top part of the legs is held in with screws.

Use a hairdrier to soften the plastic, that will help. The neck is glued, so you will have to force it. The groin is held together by 3 screws, remove those and the legs will be free. The top part of the legs is held in with screws.

a diagram would be useful, many would want to mod the figure if they knew how to dismantle it:)

I just cut the netting off mine. I will have to find an alternative sometime soon. Has anyone found an accurate netting yet?

How to disassemble your Predator:

Remove backpack, skulls, etc - easy peasy.

Remove Head - Pull straight up

Remove Hands & Feet - pull out, heat may help.

Shoulders - Remove left shoulder armor, breaking the glue, a hair drier may help. Pull arms straight out.

Elbows - Pull straight out. There is a plug at the elbow which can be removed by pulling hard. I believe I used an Allen wrench to pull it out. This will free the netting on the left arm elbow. The netting is glued to the top of the shoulder. Pull the netting up over the arm to paint, but do not totally remove unless you are planning on replacing it.

Torso - Remove the three screws hidden under the back of the skirt. Pull groin apart (ouch) and set legs to the side. Remove the armor, it is glued, but can be pried off fairly easily. Remove plug from bottom of torso, this will free the bottom netting. Remove the neck, this joint can be very tight, so heating will help. The netting can now be removed from the torso and reused if desired.

Legs - Remove the two screws that hold on the shorts/frills. Pry off from top of leg. Knees are just like the elbows, pull apart, then remove the plug holding the netting.

I have been roaming around Pet Smart this past few days, I did not find any accurate netting for him, might
check out some swap meets to see if they have some. Please if somebody found it let us know. I want to custom mine, but not til I get an accurate netting.

1/8" netting seems to look right! A few google searches and the spacing seems more accurate than most! Pond netting has been mentioned before right?

Check out my WIP repaint on my masked P1 so far :)

DSCF2150.jpg

DSCF2151.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

Repainted the whole bio and modified the lense gap

Last edited:
Back