NECA 1:4 TERMINATOR in 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agentofchaos

Super Freak
Reaction score
This might be old news as I don't visit the NECA threads regularly on here and I don't know if there is another thread about this - I searched but didn't find anything. If there is then mods please merge.

Looks like NECA is planning to release a 1/4 Terminator in 2012. They tweeted the following on Dec 23rd at 7:54am in response to someone requesting a talking 1/4 Tech Noir Terminator.

"we can't use Arnold's voice but we're definitely considering a 1/4 scale Terminator for 2012. Never been done"

Who's in? Tankman if you're seeing this please give us more details!!!

I guess I'd be in but I expect for most high end collectors a NECA 1/4 Terminator will be fairly useless considering the EB one(s?). If NECA are intending to carry on with that scale though it sure is a pretty obvious choice. It also might provide useful parts should customising be an option with 1/4.

Is Enterbay planning on releasing a Tech Noir 1/4 Terminator as well? I haven't kept up with much news with 1/4 as I intend on sticking to 1/6 scale. The EB T2 version however is by far the best one in the market in any scale I think. If they released a BD one...I may have to break my scale rule however...

Back to NECA though - I think it makes sense that they would come back to this license after the 1/4 Predator releases being widely popular. Also gives that 18" Endo some company (though an improved sculpt and paint app would be a welcome re-release as well)

I dunno about a Tech Noir as theres been no mention of the T1 license with Enterbay. Most of us reckon its a T2 BD they have planned.

NECA aren't very specific in their answer to that question - they didn't confirm or deny a Tech Noir. It could be the ol' T2 Pescadero Escape figure they're talking about scaling up to 1/4....or perhaps the Cyberdyne Showdown. As far as the endo, at this point I feel like "Chrome it, improve the detail in the legs and arms, and change the head or GTFO!" I don't like that old endo sculpt anymore, I'm sure it was good for its day but its past it. And yeah, I'm sick of all these endos with flat silver paintjobs.

Appreciate the update a-dev! :hi5: That's great news! :panic: I hope EB give us a teaser of that soon. gotta start visiting the Enterbay threads :panic:

And couldn't agree more on the NECA Endo! :lecture :exactly:

even though their P1 was a success, it's still not even close to 1/4 scale and the sculpt was the biggest selling point for me. A "1/4" line from Neca wouldn't gauge much interest from higher end collectors, but if the sculpts are great, I suppose they would still sell well.

^ Are you kidding me? You do realize NECA's been making 18" figures since they started. Stole that idea from McFarlane.

They've made a ton. Jason, Freddy, Myers, Pinhead, Terminator Endo, RoboCop..ect....and countless more.

If NECA was smart they would make the Cyberdyne Showdown figure in 1:4 scale.
neca-terminator-2-t-800-cyberdyne-showdown-figure.jpg

i would buy multiples.

^ Are you kidding me? You do realize NECA's been making 18" figures since they started. Stole that idea from McFarlane.

They've made a ton. Jason, Freddy, Myers, Pinhead, Terminator Endo, RoboCop..ect....and countless more.

what does any of that have to do with what I said? 18in doesn't equate to 1/4 scale for every single character in existance.

I Hope neca maks many 1/4 Termintor figures.

A revisted endoskull with more details on the Arms and legs, with the new Head Sculpt and an new chrome Paintjob.

A Tech noir Arnie with 2 heads, a second damaged surgery Arm and 3 Weapons.

A Police Shootout arnie with a Light Up Eye, removable Sunglases and a Full damaged Head, 2 damaged Hands and the two rifles.

A Battle Damaged T2 Arnie wth Two Heads and a second Arm.

And a Pescadero Escape Arnold.

For a 1/4 Figure ists better Neca revisted the Sculpt.
The T2 Sculpt has a too narrow face and the neck is not wide enough.

Ists possible the sculpt looks more like Arnold.

does anyone like the original T2 NECA endo?
its only £15 on ebay

I own it and i like it. Many people here say the paint is bad, but they are kidding themselves if they think they will find a better 1/4 scale represenatation of the Endo at that price.

I own it and i like it. Many people here say the paint is bad, but they are kidding themselves if they think they will find a better 1/4 scale represenatation of the Endo at that price.

I wouldn't kid myself about it but I still couldn't bring myself to buy it (the 2nd more recent release). I'm just sick of flat silver endos. I want chrome. Hopefully a HT or EB 1/4 scale figure would sort that.

Back