NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShawPaw, you need to add another post to your 6,666 count quick! :lol:

I agree with some of your points, LeoRaDoMic, but I do look at NECA's efforts differently. Personally, I like the "endless story." To me it is so much better than Hot Toys and other 1/6ers dipping their toe into some licenses and not fully developing them. I'd rather have the Raphael with trench-coat just as I prefer Hot Toys developing the Joker 2.0 and now the 1/4 Joker. It's a bit of a cash grab, but at least it fully develops the license so that it can be enjoyed differently.

Done!

After such a long time of waiting and those stupid teases this is it? Yet another form of the four brothers. It's the same thing but only smaller. It's very dissapointing because I own the 1:4 Turtles and I prefer those over smaller versions. They are much more imposing and true eyecatchers when I step in the room.

I don't know man, this way it's just an endless story with the Turtles and it's only about milking the collectors to get more money. For this, they ain't getting it from me anymore. Also odd they do both scales at the same time...

Why can't they focus on 1:4 Shredder, Splinter and Casey and release those soon instead of that useless accessory set and ooze canister and this crap.
Remember when Don came out? They only produced 3 figures more since then. They should have included the Trenchcoat, Hat and Baseball bat with Raph right off the start. And the spinning Nunchuck hand with Mike. And they haven't even sculpted a band aid on baby Raph's cheek in contrast with the promo pics. Instead of that they come with a stupid sticker. How cheap is that?! Especially after such a long time, I expected much more.

Shredder around Christmas? Pfff, I don't want to wait that long and be pleased with some cheap sops. If they released Shredder sooner they could have released Splinter/Casey around Christmas 2018 to keep the line more vital and to please the 1:4 scale buyers. The departure of Trevor is no excuse for such a big company and I think he is replaceable.

But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.

To be fair, this is NECA we're talking about. Not all companies will put out endless variants. The higher end you go, the more likely it is to get multiple display options with a piece. Unfortunately that also means a heftier price tag.

icm_fullxfull.163139711_6otkbitjlisccwoksc0c.jpg

i was updated with WIP photos.
my Neca turtles will have pizzas they deserve :panic:

This accurately shows the way cheese pizza I used to get as a kid looks. NO WHERE serves it like that around here any more. What kind of cheese do they use that makes it taste so good and new yorky?

That is awesome where are you getting those made from.. they look so much more delicious than the pizza that the turtles come with

like i'm gonna tell that to a guy with a one of a kind existing perfect diorama for 1/4 movie turtles :lecture

This accurately shows the way cheese pizza I used to get as a kid looks. NO WHERE serves it like that around here any more. What kind of cheese do they use that makes it taste so good and new yorky?
that sounded sad. i already recognize the emotion which is also sad.

Different shape of shells...

attachment.php
thanks for that photo.
well, i'm sure the separately purchased baby turtle i'll get will be Raphael/Donatello shell, because i want Leonardo/Michelangelo variant and i'm never lucky for these things.

Another curiosity. The 4 slices of pizza from the baby turtles set are the same, but if you alternate with the 4 slices of the adult turtles... you can form a complete pizza. Furthermore, the 8 slices fit together.

pizza.jpg

I will be snagging a set of the 7” Turtles for sure, with any luck. As much as I love the old films and as nice as the 1/4 Turtles are, I just don’t have room for 1/4th scale figures.

Anybody still lookin to purchase the baby turtles?...ill let them go for $40 free shipping...just the turtles...but ill throw in a couple pizzapartykitchen stuff

Damn, I really wish I would've waited now. I wonder how hard it'll be to sell off the 1/4's...

I'll of course hang on to them until I've secured a set of the 7 inch figures. With the sure to be crazy demand, there's no guarantee I'll be able to get an order in when they put them up.

Wonder how much the set will go for?

Wow. But I wasn’t gonna wait for these . I’ll get these aswell. But are these going to be sdcc exclusives?

Back