NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Rtec1 did you see my message about the detolf sold at Ikea?

My concern is the height of each shelf is shorter than the turtle at 15 3/4". I was going to get this originally, but was reluctant after measuring each turtle.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr.../?query=detolf

Sorry mate just seen this! You've got a couple of options, You can get a Besta like Psyco said or go on eBay and get some 6mm U Bolt grips for dirt cheap and adjust them yourself.

@Rtec1 did you see my message about the detolf sold at Ikea?

My concern is the height of each shelf is shorter than the turtle at 15 3/4". I was going to get this originally, but was reluctant after measuring each turtle.

First post. Long time lurker on this thread.

I just bought two of the Detolf shelves from IKEA. They're great for the price ($59). Then I went to the hardware store and bought 8 of these 3/16" wire clamps. They are super cheap: Wire Clamps

Each shelf holds two turtles very comfortably. Besta is also good for 1:4 scale, but would be way too roomy for 1:6 scale (IMO). The flexibility of the Detolf wins for me.

I keep trying to post some new pictures but they keep uploading sideways (rotated anti-clockwise) anyone know why ?

IMG_1586.jpg

please post more photos of Mike's face. yours looks well painted (no asymmetrical bright yellow beak).

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

i hate my Michelangelo's face. looks like a clown from IT.

by lips insides color i guess yellow is painted over green.
i wonder if some paint thinner can be used to delete that ridiculous yellow beak or at least to make the border smoother.

===========

another nice, great feature was this:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

it didn't move because of that mold remaining piece. i forgot how it's called.

The yellow beak is asymmetrical on my Donnie and Raph aswell. I think that's pretty common. I think with Mikey the beak is more prominent again because of his overall darker skin. The dark skin possibly also contributing to how much his orange bandana stands out. That actually doesn't bother me about mine. Other stuff does though.

I think that's pretty common. The yellow beak is asymmetrical on my Donnie and Raph aswell. I think that's pretty common. I think with Mikey the beak is more prominent again because of his overall darker skin.
i don't think this is the case.
on other turtles colors change gradient...-ish (-ly) (???), so asymmetry doesn't look bad, while on my Mike the border is very distinct.
i saw some Raphs with same problem.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

i send all those images to Neca seller on ebay. will see what they will do. if they do nothing, all i can wait for is a second batch - and try and rub off the excessive yellow and make the border smoother.

anyway, that's the only thing i disliked on the whole band.
but i really dislike it and must find a way to fix that.

p.s. it's funny but on all photos i make Mike's face looks more like crazy angry then drugged laughing.

s-l1600.jpg
1475885388-The_Clamps_by_JungleAnimal.jpg

Excellent review. That final setup looked amazing.

And I think a few people are now going to be doing sword mods on Leonardo, looks much better.

Not me. :)

In the review it's stated that the top part of the scabbards where the katana blades are exposed is inaccurate.
But that's in fact how they looked, in the first movie. So I think it would be a shame to alter them in that way.

IMG_0954.jpg

I keep trying to post some new pictures but they keep uploading sideways (rotated anti-clockwise) anyone know why ?

You uploading from an iPhone? I have the same problem, just go to the photo on your phone, edit it, rotate and click done, edit again, rotate so it's straight again and click on done. then when you upload it'll appear the right way...weird!

I think Mikey might be second favourite after Leo. Great to finally have the gang complete, any one of them could be figure of the year for quality of sculpt and value. I think I'm done though unless they make a Splinter.

please post more photos of Mike's face. yours looks well painted (no asymmetrical bright yellow beak).

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

i hate my Michelangelo's face. looks like a clown from IT.

by lips insides color i guess yellow is painted over green.
i wonder if some paint thinner can be used to delete that ridiculous yellow beak or at least to make the border smoother.

===========

another nice, great feature was this:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

it didn't move because of that mold remaining piece. i forgot how it's called.

It is normal. It is official face from the movie.Fullscreen capture 13092017 175621.jpg

It is normal. It is official face from the movie.View attachment 365556

looks like i'll have to just persuade myself in that, and i almost did.
i'm not against the yellow beak, i'm against a very clear border between colors and asymmetry. his left side is ok, colors blend into each other, but his right side has a more yellow, taking over mouth's corner andfurther, and the border is distinct.
though this particular screenshot you provided actually makes it really screen accurate.:horror

yeah i noticed that as well, didn't mention because nobody except me was bothered about it, at least vocally, and because that's definitely a suit mistake (like heavily bending front shells) and not an established position :lol

You uploading from an iPhone? I have the same problem, just go to the photo on your phone, edit it, rotate and click done, edit again, rotate so it's straight again and click on done. then when you upload it'll appear the right way...weird!

Thanks buddy it seemed to work 😘

Nice, Clipper! I love that Raph has a slice on his sai!
Also, I think having Mikey on the bottom tier helps hide his height. He looks shorter because he's lower. Good display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Mikey might be second favourite after Leo. Great to finally have the gang complete, any one of them could be figure of the year for quality of sculpt and value. I think I'm done though unless they make a Splinter.
Your seriously gonna pass on an Movie Accurate Shredder. I can't say much but he's awesome wish I could share but I cant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back