NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha good luck! Kinda hoping security check it out now!!!
i'll just say it's for a kid.
it will be pure truth. those figures are the only ones in my collection that immediately move me back to childhood anytime i see them or their photos :lol

9aaa92dbb19324974fb409af5f32b3f5.jpg

:hi5: love the poses

Excellent review. That final setup looked amazing.

And I think a few people are now going to be doing sword mods on Leonardo, looks much better.
Not me I'll just get metal ones made.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw the katana mod on another forum and debated doing it, simply because the height they cause means I've had to extend the shelves in my Detolf a lot higher than they really need to be. Still worried about making a pigs ear of it though.

Great review again Clipper, good to see you back, for anyone who says these are too big and only want 1/6 versions or anyone sitting on the fence go listen to it. Great group shot at the end too!

got my michelangelo from aec today - impressed - the four brothers turned out great! really wish they had gone with a different expression for donatello - only one that doesn't seem to fit when theyre all grouped together. as a group, though... neca REALLY delivered on something we've all been waiting years for, wondering why no one had the good sense to tackle it. feel very fortunate to finally get these, and done so dingy dang doo doo good! i wish i could use swears on here.

great posing and beautiful colors of surroundings.
all those poses make me want to purchase several sets.
of course i won't do it, they are too big for that.
================
must see the video again and check that katana mode discussed above. though the height on the figure doesn't bother me (not planning to display him with swords behind the back), i really feel that in real life he would be unable to take them out with the figure's position of them.

latest

leonardo-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1990-efbeyn.jpg

1197015_orig.png

banner_29.jpg

(hehe. Mike's head is the biggest, not the smallest)

my Michelangelo arrived. i didn't open him yet.
face spots are good, not like a-dev's variant.
i cannot see if his leg has damaged paint or is shorter than the other.
his plastic part of mask is really dirty, i don't think i'll need to do anything with it.
the only problem i see so far is his beak so much lighter than the head top, that if you look from above, color difference is really big.
must check others photos to see if it is normal.

yeah exactly like on this photo. i don't know if i like it.

definitely not like on this photo.

i do hope that depends on lights. electric light, sunlight, LED versus others and so on.

My Mikey figure is P.'s yardstick for QC crapness! :monkey2

Maybe second time will be the charm for Mikey and Leo. When I'll buy them is another matter. Having an already expensive quarter.

My Mikey figure is P.'s yardstick for QC crapness! :monkey2
:monkey2
but seriously, no matter how much the "I LOVE IT I LOVE IT" posts are nice to read, your description about quality issues was the only wide, consistent and useful enough, so nothing else to check :lol

====================

while purchasing several different TMNT products recently (from Neca to decals to 1/4 skateboard to stands) i noticed a funny thing:
i always leave feedbacks first.
USA ebay sellers never leave a feedback first. never.
and if i ask them about a feedback, only 30% of them bother to do it.
since now i won't leave feedbacks to USA sellers unless they do it first, because i just don't understand that attitude.

Back