NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just preordered Raphael on BBTS, any idea when they will be shipping it out? I missed out the first batch but these look amazing.

Also, are these being sold by any retailer in Canada (I'm in Canada)? I'm having to pay $36 in shipping cost plus import/customs fees.

For those of you wanting a flat clear coat this one does the trick: https://www.amazon.com/TAMIYA-TS-80-Clear-Spray-Laquer/dp/B000ZVO3YS

Of course you'd need to mask the eyes but it is hands down the best clear I've come across. Dries fast too. Here's a before and after comparison from when I was doing my custom Wonder Woman.
View attachment 337107

Tried your method, and got it in the mail earlier today. After a good part of this afternoon, I got it to where it's acceptable. Some parts wouldn't budge and still have a light shimmer too them, but it's not bad like it was. The bandana still is dirty but it is what it is.

At least I won't have to use the derpy eyed Raph. Plus, Neca might be sending me a new head anyway whenever they get their stock.

I just preordered Raphael on BBTS, any idea when they will be shipping it out? I missed out the first batch but these look amazing.

Also, are these being sold by any retailer in Canada (I'm in Canada)? I'm having to pay $36 in shipping cost plus import/customs fees.

Not sure for BBTS but he'll show up on the NECA store when Leo does.

Tried your method, and got it in the mail earlier today. After a good part of this afternoon, I got it to where it's acceptable. Some parts wouldn't budge and still have a light shimmer too them, but it's not bad like it was. The bandana still is dirty but it is what it is.

At least I won't have to use the derpy eyed Raph. Plus, Neca might be sending me a new head anyway whenever they get their stock.
Good to hear it got to the point you're happy enough with it.

Good to hear it got to the point you're happy enough with it.

I mean the paint finish doesn't quite match Donnie's but oh well. I may spray a tiny bit of Donnie's too since he has shiny glue residue under the lip of his bandana.

I received my Raphael from Calendars recently and willing to look past the dirty bandana, however, the paint around the nose and mouth isn't blended very well and is much lighter compared to all of the pictures everyone has posted. I know pictures don't always do justice, but it just looks odd, almost giving it a "beak" look. Anyone have this problem or notice it?
20170427_182659.jpg20170427_182713.jpg20170427_182724.jpg

I received my Raphael from Calendars recently and willing to look past the dirty bandana, however, the paint around the nose and mouth isn't blended very well and is much lighter compared to all of the pictures everyone has posted. I know pictures don't always do justice, but it just looks odd, almost giving it a "beak" look. Anyone have this problem or notice it?
View attachment 339146View attachment 339148View attachment 339149

It's meant to be like that. Mine is lighter in that area to, same on Donnie. Raph has a dirty bandanna on the box art so I'm not sure why this is an issue either. :dunno

Yeah tdk82, I think you got a bad sample. Here's mine, which shows no signs of that "beak" -like paint job of yours:

IMG_3045.jpg

not gonna lie the nit-pickin in here justified or not gave me cold feet on gettin these lol :rotfl

not gonna lie the nit-pickin in here justified or not gave me cold feet on gettin these lol :rotfl

they look WAY too good to pass up.. forget the BS nit-picking.. take a look.. imagine all 4

Attachments

• tmntthumbnail_20170327_202644.jpg
    tmntthumbnail_20170327_202644.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 272
Nice photos fellas. Anyone on the fence about picking these up for the price that they're charging you guys better not sleep on these , or pass them up because once you do, they will be sold out and you will regret it forever

Leo delayed til June according to NECA's offical site it was May a few days go not a big deal.

Leo delayed til June according to NECA's offical site it was May a few days go not a big deal.
I never take Randy's words to heart unless he mentions the figures are on the boat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I never take Randy's words to heart unless he mentions the figures are on the boat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It wasn't Randy it's their official site... Most time if the month it changes on thier site it's pretty legit. Like With Mayor Penguin and Catwoman. So I trust it.

Back