NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sucks that you guys are experiencing this. Sorry freaks.

But all in all, it's a $100 figure, not a $300 hot toys. I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies to these.

I got a hold of a Raphael from my local comic book store ... and they were able to order a Donatello ... as well as pre-order Leo and Mikey for me. I am a statue collector ... but these guys looked pretty damn cool (this being my 5th set of TMNT I will own now:cuckoo:). They will be my first action figures, but I planned on keeping them in their boxes for display.

I noticed the discussion about the torso being discussed ... I am unsure if I should open mine to check for what you guys are talking about. This is sort of new territory for me so I was looking to find out some of your veteran thoughts.

I got a hold of a Raphael from my local comic book store ... and they were able to order a Donatello ... as well as pre-order Leo and Mikey for me. I am a statue collector ... but these guys looked pretty damn cool (this being my 5th set of TMNT I will own now:cuckoo:). They will be my first action figures, but I planned on keeping them in their boxes for display.

I noticed the discussion about the torso being discussed ... I am unsure if I should open mine to check for what you guys are talking about. This is sort of new territory for me so I was looking to find out some of your veteran thoughts.

Well, if you keep them in the package, there will be no way of determining whether or not their torsos are loose (you can't tell until you remove them). If you leave them sealed, it wouldn't matter if they were loose or not. It appears to be a relatively rare thing, with minimal reports here, at least. I think you should leave them sealed, if you intend to display them in the box. Personally, I think these are far too cool to leave in the package, and they look fantastic when posed on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raph just arrived and he has the super "dirty" looking bandana also. I'll most likely still keep it though. Anyone got any recommendations as to what type of red this is so I can paint over the "dirty" spots?

Raph just arrived and he has the super "dirty" looking bandana also. I'll most likely still keep it though. Anyone got any recommendations as to what type of red this is so I can paint over the "dirty" spots?

Where is it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

given the dissatisfaction of a number of you over the loose torso and dirty bandana, what measures will you take to ensure (not insure or assure) that you get a better quality figure for the other two Turtles? And if there is a Shredder made, will his armor be loose as well?

It sucks that you guys are experiencing this. Sorry freaks.

But all in all, it's a $100 figure, not a $300 hot toys. I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies to these.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZGAAAAJGJjMjllNzQyLTAwZWEtNDAyZC1hYTRmLTlmMjk5MTgxZTFhYQ.jpg

given the dissatisfaction of a number of you over the loose torso and dirty bandana, what measures will you take to ensure (not insure or assure) that you get a better quality figure for the other two Turtles? And if there is a Shredder made, will his armor be loose as well?

Keep ordering them until you get a good one. Really no way around it.

The bandana on my Raph has some evidence of a dirty wash but nothing as prominent as Snake's first figure that he posted here. It is mostly clean. Mine was a BBTS order.

The bandana on my Raph has some evidence of a dirty wash but nothing as prominent as Snake's first figure that he posted here. It is mostly clean. Mine was a BBTS order.

This is my second from Calendars, which I'm waiting to hear back from them to return.

P16CsIH.jpg

My phone doesn't quite capture the dark spot prominence in how it looks in person.

That doesnt look so bad, in a way its more accurate if you think about it. But i get as a collector you want a pristine item.

does it scrape off if you use some sand paper or a blade? I used to lightly scrape off any paint issues on some of my figs but was unsure if it will work on these.

Back